Rules for reporting hacked trophies

COKTOE

I'm in the process of attempting to file some reports for potentially hacked trophies, and am finding it difficult, due to some parameters and rules which make little-to-no-sense.

First off, I am to "select the type of cheat", and given 3 options, none of which are applicable to the situation at hand. No trophies were earned out of order. None were earned too close together. None were earned before the release date of the game......Why are these the only 3 options? I'll add another possibility: Online trophies earned after server closure. Here's another: Trophy glitched and made unobtainable due to update. Which is actually the main reason I am trying to file a report. 3 reports in fact. So I choose an inaccurate option and proceed?

Second, what is the rational behind the requirement to "Select at least 3 trophies for proof", when there are clearly instances where such a requirement only stifles the ability to report a potential cheater? If you have hacked an online trophy for a game where the servers are closed, and subsequently unlocked the platinum as well, why does finding a third hacked trophy matter in the slightest?

I feel quite sure that reports of a single trophy being hacked have been accepted, and was tempted to file the first of three reports and just wait and see what happens. Any advice?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Online trophies earned after server closure

Just pick one of the reasons and then explain which trophies were earned after closure, when the server closed and ideally a link to information verifying the server did actually close.

3 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Second, what is the rational behind the requirement to "Select at least 3 trophies for proof"

If you are sure that there are less than three trophies that should be reported, select the Platinum, which wouldn't have been earned. I believe it was to screen out people reporting just a single possibly still legit trophy.

I think the thread B1rivine posted addressed most of what you're concerned about here.

9 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Trophy glitched and made unobtainable due to update. Which is actually the main reason I am trying to file a report. 3 reports in fact. So I choose an inaccurate option and proceed?

When you report these, have you verified patch reversion won't work? Are they online only games?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Just pick one of the reasons and then explain which trophies were earned after closure, when the server closed and ideally a link to information verifying the server did actually close.

If you are sure that there are less than three trophies that should be reported, select the Platinum, which wouldn't have been earned. I believe it was to screen out people reporting just a single possibly still legit trophy.

I think the thread B1rivine posted addressed most of what you're concerned about here.

When you report these, have you verified patch reversion won't work? Are they online only games?

Thanks for the response. To answer your question, yes, I have verified the new patch has not resolved the issue with the unobtainable trophy, as have 2 friends also playing this game. The unobtainable trophy was also, surprise surprise, the last trophy earned by the player in question before the platinum was unlocked.

1 minute ago, COKTOE said:

Thanks for the response. To answer your question, yes, I have verified the new patch has not resolved the issue with the unobtainable trophy, as have 2 friends also playing this game. The unobtainable trophy was also, surprise surprise, the last trophy earned by the player in question before the platinum was unlocked.

Would playing on an unpatched version of said game still be possible?

• Like 2

Yea the opinions need updating, PS3 leaderboard is full of hackers/cfw users and there seems to be 1 or 2 at the top ever month that's a full cfw profile with the same times every time. Theres no option that matches. I thought the leaderboard auto detected stuff like this but it doesn't, and it really should. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

I was asking if you verified that playing on a version of the game pre-patch that broke the trophy is possible?

1 minute ago, AvengedEvil said:

Would playing on an unpatched version of said game still be possible?

This is my only concern, and I did mention this in the draft of the report I have not yet sent. If they have a physical copy, and played offline without updating, I think it would be possible. However, this game was teeming with broken trophies off the hop, and has had various broken trophies throughout it's existence. I don't know what level of knowledge and coordination it would take to get the correct updates downloaded. I was trying to keep this on the downlow, but the game I am referring to is Generation Zero, and the specific trophy is Siren Call.

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I was asking if you verified that playing on a version of the game pre-patch that broke the trophy is possible?

I'll post this again to make sure you see it:

This is my only concern, and I did mention this in the draft of the report I have not yet sent. If they have a physical copy, and played offline without updating, I think it would be possible. However, this game was teeming with broken trophies off the hop, and has had various broken trophies throughout it's existence. I don't know what level of knowledge and coordination it would take to get the correct updates downloaded. I was trying to keep this on the downlow, but the game I am referring to is Generation Zero, and the specific trophy is Siren Call.

4 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

It would be better if you did the research to say it's not at all possible before reporting something by verifying things yourself. Or, if you're not sure, private message a Cheater Remover instead of Reporting because members can only be reported once per list and if someone has more than just speculation they can use the Report properly. Also whatever speculation you put in your report becomes the only report reason that will be provided to the flagged member if approved, it's not editable by a Cheater Remover if they happen to get better information later to apply a flag. If your speculate reason ends up being wrong, but correct information is provided which leads to the flag, the flagged member gets a bad explanation about why they're flagged and if they start a dispute, it just becomes a whole mess of drama since people will see the flag reason given to the reported member and call out Cheater Removers, even though they might have better reasons for applying the flag than the poor explanation given in the report.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

Digital copies can be downgraded as well via the Proxy Server exploit:

It isn't against site rules to use a patch downgrade exploit, provided you don't use CFW to make it happen. It sounds to me like your case is tenuous at best so I would hold off filling any reports until you know for sure this trophy is completely unobtainable and not even reverting to an earlier patch will pop it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, COKTOE said:

Why are these the only 3 options? I'll add another possibility: Online trophies earned after server closure.

I fully support this idea, even wanted to write similar post few days ago. I would also add:
-trophies fully popped with CFW (usually for profiles with ~1000 PSV games done in seconds),

-trophies unobtainable at all (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PSV, Borderlands PS3 JPN DLC, Torchlight 3 DLC, etc.),

-usage of own/copied save to autopop the trophies,

-impossible completion time,

Etc.

Those 3 options available currently are simply not enough and additional ones IMHO will speed up the process and make it way much simpler for reporter and CRT. 

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

What we need is proper automated flagging. I cannot remember how many times I've reported blokes with trophies from January 2008. The system should be fed with the information that the first trophies were introduced in July 2008. Everything before a certain date should result in an automated flag. Let's give it two weeks of leeway for dev accounts. Known dev accounts could be permanently whitelisted.

Plus, this list needs more options:

screenshot11t9d4a.png

The most important one is reporting unobtainable online trophies.

But I assume that only the Slipper could implement such things. Who knows what he's on about these days. Starting a revolution maybe... ?

Edited by R4M Razr

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm glad I made this thread instead of reporting outright. Is it possible to play a digital version of a game with an old update, or would it require a physical copy and staying offline? I have literally no experience with such matters, but always thought you needed a physical copy. I think this was due to things I read in the Mafia 3 trophy glitch thread. I entertained the idea of trying to use an older update after that game screwed me with it's broken trophies, but decided to just let it go.

2 hours ago, COKTOE said:

I'm in the process of attempting to file some reports for potentially hacked trophies, and am finding it difficult, due to some parameters and rules which make little-to-no-sense.

First off, I am to "select the type of cheat", and given 3 options, none of which are applicable to the situation at hand. No trophies were earned out of order. None were earned too close together. None were earned before the release date of the game......Why are these the only 3 options? I'll add another possibility: Online trophies earned after server closure. Here's another: Trophy glitched and made unobtainable due to update. Which is actually the main reason I am trying to file a report. 3 reports in fact. So I choose an inaccurate option and proceed?

Second, what is the rational behind the requirement to "Select at least 3 trophies for proof", when there are clearly instances where such a requirement only stifles the ability to report a potential cheater? If you have hacked an online trophy for a game where the servers are closed, and subsequently unlocked the platinum as well, why does finding a third hacked trophy matter in the slightest?

I feel quite sure that reports of a single trophy being hacked have been accepted, and was tempted to file the first of three reports and just wait and see what happens. Any advice?

What online game are we talking about? Not saying I don't believe you but some games have ways around this.

6 minutes ago, BennyWalton66 said:

What online game are we talking about? Not saying I don't believe you but some games have ways around this.

I guess OP had in mind not "entire online games", but those, where servers were shutdown like Fifas, CoDs, Wipeout 2048, Mortal Kombats, Uncharted: Fight for Fortune, Singstars, NFSs etc. etc. Hundreds of options.

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Digital copies can be downgraded as well via the Proxy Server exploit:

It isn't against site rules to use a patch downgrade exploit, provided you don't use CFW to make it happen. It sounds to me like your case is tenuous at best so I would hold off filling any reports until you know for sure this trophy is completely unobtainable and not even reverting to an earlier patch will pop it.

Seems like there's no report for this game in the master list. Are there any other trophies that are broken in the latest patch besides Siren Call?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8918-generation-zero

It's better to report something you think is suspect and be wrong, rather than not at all. You're not penalized for making a bad report, and the team should just dismiss the report if you're mistaken. Even legit-looking timestamps can be analyzed to determine how they were obtained. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Seems like there's no report for this game in the master list. Are there any other trophies that are broken in the latest patch besides Siren Call?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8918-generation-zero

AFAIK, Siren Call is the only knackered trophy in Generation Zero - the other buggy trophies are just temperamental and will pop eventually. I am going to file a report for this game after dinner :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It's better to report something you think is suspect and be wrong, rather than not at all. You're not penalized for making a bad report, and the team should just dismiss the report if you're mistaken. Even legit-looking timestamps can be analyzed to determine how they were obtained. 

I know this is your official stance, but this is the reason why there are so many false reports/flags

trophies shouldn't be reported by people unless they KNOW (not think/feel/assume) it's cheated. I would assume this would also create less work for the CRT as well, since they wouldn't have to waste time filtering through false reports in the first place

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, Siren Call is the only knackered trophy in Generation Zero - the other buggy trophies are just temperamental and will pop eventually. I am going to file a report for this game after dinner :).

So you are going to report the 3 most recent Siren Call unlocks?

Given the change of how cheated games can be hacked and trophies illegitimately  earned , the website reporting system should constantly update to reflect these changes as it is outdated / obscure. I believe this would also help CRT determine quicker if they should be approved or not given the resources they have with a more accurate reason for flagging.

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I know this is your official stance, but this is the reason why there are so many false reports/flags

trophies shouldn't be reported by people unless they KNOW (not think/feel/assume) it's cheated. I would assume this would also create less work for the CRT as well, since they wouldn't have to waste time filtering through false reports in the first place

A good point, especially regarding the workload for the CRT. They must have to sift through heaps of false/mistaken reports at times in order to weed out the real ones. The only problem is that unless the trophies are really obviously cheated/hacked or the person reporting is super familiar with the game in question, I’m not sure if the average person has the knowledge or expertise required to be absolutely certain it’s cheated. I think ultimately it’s probably better to be safe than sorry and allow people to report anything they feel is suspicious so nothing slips through the cracks.

As a side note, hats off to the CRT! For people who aren’t collecting a pay check they sure put in a lot of time and effort to keep the leaderboards clean and keep the cheaters down in their rat holes. Y’all doing god’s work smiting these filthy cheaters from the leaderboards.