Trophy thoughts?

ElevExplorer64

6 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Looks like a standard NBA 2K list.  Big grind and a decent amount of skill needed.

The trick is if there will be any trophies tied to limited-time modes that get pulled long before online goes down.

I fell one trophy short of the NBA 2K19 platinum (0.01% rarity!) because I got the game late and the dodgeball event was pulled shortly thereafter.  Then Deja vu with NBA 2K22 PS5 version.  I also fell one trophy short of the platinum as the Limited Mode Bling Bling was unachievable before I even got my hands on a PS5 lol.   Outside those two trophies, I’ve gotten every trophy in every NBA 2K game that I played.

So be on the look out for any limited-time trophies!

nothing is time limited like that, only things you could argue are  time limited is unlimited and maybe level 40. But those will be around year long, if you dont think you can do unlimited  and level 40 in a season (which is relatively easy) You can wait till  the last season  of the year and you have from then till the servers close.

5 minutes ago, SegIsHollywood said:

nothing is time limited like that, only things you could argue are  time limited is unlimited and maybe level 40. But those will be around year long, if you dont think you can do unlimited  and level 40 in a season (which is relatively easy) You can wait till  the last season  of the year and you have from then till the servers close.

Level 40 in a season can be a bit of a grind (and only a bronze trophy).  Unlimited usually lasts until servers close so over 2 years.

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Level 40 in a season can be a bit of a grind (and only a bronze trophy).  Unlimited usually lasts until servers close so over 2 years.

unlimited  is also a seasonal thing? once we reach the final season level 40 and unlimited will both be available till server close once we reach that final season, like last year and the year before

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to pass.

I do want to try the Jordan challenges. They were a challenge in 2K11, but I got them done.

They recycle trophies too much, and while I love the WNBA irl, I don't want to play as a player in it, even if it's just a game.

If Candace Parker told me to I would, but that won't happen, lol

Edited by TheGoaler
Spelling
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheGoaler said:

Looks like I'm going to pass.

I do want to try the Jordan challenges. They were a challenge in 2K11, but I got them done.

They recycle trophies too much, and while I love the WNBA irl, I don't want to play as a player in it, even if it's just a game.

If Candace Parker told me to I would, but that won't happen, lol

The Jordan challenges are what has me interested in this one despite swearing I would never touch another 2K game lol!

Yeeesh, I managed to get the NBA 2K21 platinum but this looks like a dooozy…

Depending on what the district/city trophies require (hopefully it’s not a tournament or they can be done vs. the CPU or via boosting/grinding without needing a win streak) this may be the first game I have to throw in the towel on and accept I won’t complete…

Wish me luck boys, I’m going in…

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 2

Not too bad of a list.  I wonder how the unlimited mode works for the grand prize this year.  Is it like 2k18 by being in a certain bracket or recent years where you have to x amount of games?  You folks are lucky the GOAT trophy isn't on here... 

Edited by grimydawg___

8 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

Not too bad of a list.  I wonder how the unlimited mode works for the grand prize this year.  Is it like 2k18 by being in a certain bracket or recent years where you have to x amount of games?  You folks are lucky the GOAT trophy isn't on here... 

I’m sure I saw the Unlimited stuff is all rank-based this year and you’ll still rank up with loses, just at a slower rate. The win-loss records are there for a cosmetic leaderboard but as I read it, the Unlimited trophies can be done by simply participating/brute force grinding.

Edited by Tsundokuist

8 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

I’m sure I saw the Unlimited stuff is all rank-based this year and you’ll still rank up with loses, just at a slower rate. The win-loss records are there for a cosmetic leaderboard but as I read it, the Unlimited trophies can be done by simply participating/brute force grinding.

That's fine then.  On NBA 2K18, you just had to reach a certain amount of points to reach the bracket for the top prize.  From 2k19-2k21, you had to go 12-0 on the last bracket to get top prize.  So, this year is kind of like 2K11 or 2K14.  I'm very optimistic with the gameplay, just in general.  Can't wait to play it later on

2 hours ago, King-Leonidas-I said:

So nothing difficulty related? You could get all the trophies by just grinding out games?

I wouldn’t say “nothing difficulty related”...

20Sd23afc.png Yes, Your Airness - Will likely mean winning all 15 Jordan Challenges on the harder difficulties.

The good news is the MyTeam mode doesn't look to have any win-streak trophies like 2K22. Infact as I read the trophy list and the changes 2K say they've made to Unlimited, you could get all the MyTeam trophies by simply taking a beating as you grind in Unlimited and simultaneously work on ticking off player/task based challenges for the “Level 40” XP, the trophies don’t actually seem to be asking us to win online consistently (or at all).

The unknowns here for me are:

9Saa1a38.png Top Threads Win the Fashion District

10S322b49.png The Right Notes - Win the Music District

11S869418.png Entrepreneur - Win the Business District

+

13S6513f4.png Own It All -Win the Hammond Classic / Win the City

Based on the placement of these in the trophy list, I’m leaning towards thinking these are for MyCareer progression (you unlock clothes shops, music (J. Cole shows his face) and sponsorships as you progress through the story/campaign, then that last one is the end game for the story mode) but I’m speculating... These could be anything (win an online tournament etc)…

Long story short... I don’t think anyone who wants the Platinum won't be unable to achieve it this year if they're simply willing to grind away (that wasn't true of 2K22 and some prior years) but I still don’t expect we’ll see the first Platinum for while, I reckon it’ll take most of us 200-400 hours.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

I wouldn’t say “nothing difficulty related”...

20Sd23afc.png Yes, Your Airness - Will likely mean winning all 15 Jordan Challenges on the harder difficulties.

BUT silver-lining, the MyTeam mode doesn't look to have any win-streak trophies like 2K22. Infact as I read the trophy list and changes 2K have made to Unlimited, you could get all the MyTeam trophies by simply taking a beating as you grind in Unlimited and simultaneously working on ticking off player/task based challenges for the “Level 40” XP, the trophies don’t actually seem to be asking us to win online consistently (or at all).

The unknowns for me are:

9Saa1a38.png Top Threads Win the Fashion District

10S322b49.png The Right Notes - Win the Music District

11S869418.png Entrepreneur - Win the Business District

+

13S6513f4.png Own It All -Win the Hammond Classic / Win the City

Based on their placement in the trophy list, I’m leaning towards thinking these are MyCareer progression (you unlock clothes shops, music stuff and sponsorships as you progress, then the last one is an end game for story mode) but I’m speculating, they could be anything (win an online tournament etc)…

Long story short... I don’t think anyone who wants the Platinum won't be unable to achieve it this year if they're willing to simply grind away (that didn’t look to be true of 2K22 and prior years) but I still don’t expect we’ll see the first Platinum for while, I reckon it’ll take most of us 200-400 hours.

Thanks for the detailed reply. 

• Like 2

Ok, this game was nowhere on my radar (planned to skip) but I am really getting the ITCH to get it all of a sudden.  I love building MyTeam up and completing challenges.

Two questions.

1) @grimydawg___ or anyone, 2K21 (PS5) removed the easy lead pass to basket with the triangle button.  It did not work anything like last gen where I probably abused it.  Was it also removed/neutered in 2K22?  If so, then I’ll likely need to find a new go-to in 2K23.  Or did they ever bring it back?

2) the 4 for 4 trophy in MyTeam?  Do you really need to make 4 three-pointers while getting fouled and hit the FT or is there some special mode where deep 3’s count as 4-pointers?  what is this?

31 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Ok, this game was nowhere on my radar (planned to skip) but I am really getting the ITCH to get it all of a sudden.  I love building MyTeam up and completing challenges.

Two questions.

1) @grimydawg___ or anyone, 2K21 (PS5) removed the easy lead pass to basket with the triangle button.  It did not work anything like last gen where I probably abused it.  Was it also removed/neutered in 2K22?  If so, then I’ll likely need to find a new go-to in 2K23.  Or did they ever bring it back?

2) the 4 for 4 trophy in MyTeam?  Do you really need to make 4 three-pointers while getting fouled and hit the FT or is there some special mode where deep 3’s count as 4-pointers?  what is this?

2. There is a mode called clutch time that has a 4-point line. Last year this was online only, but this year they added an offline mode as well for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Two questions.

1) that method where you hold triangle was removed in current generations of the game for some reason SMH. There's a freelance a play to help.  IDK on NBA 2K23 yet.

2)  that question was answered for you.  There probably isn't anyone with Limitless range just yet.  Maybe this new Stephen Curry?  

• Like 1