Tips and Thoughts on the Platinum After Just Finishing

cobaltTangerine

Great guide! Like it says, normally playing through the game will grab you most of the trophies. AFK for the Stranger in a Strange Land was really the only trophy I actively went after. I literally looked up yesterday and only needed 3 trophies. I still need the A Space Odyssey trophy (I need to warp a few more times), but if you enjoy the game, almost everything comes naturally. 2/10 on difficulty. And 35 hours seems about right time wise.

I will say I found the first few hours tedious. I started the game a few times and moved onto something else. If this happens and you go back to the game, you'll likely forget the info dump of the game systems they spell out in the early hours. They aren't difficult to understand, but they're essential mechanics. You have a very small inventory, so it is a balance of inventory management and running small errands to find resources to upgrade the next thing. But once you get out of that initial period and get to the space anomaly, especially once you build a base and a few storage containers, things get going. It transitions from a survival game to an exploration game. So I recommend giving it a shot for several hours before you move on if you're getting frustrated with the intro.

Also, playing on the PS4, one minor problem are crashes. I'd say the game crashes every 5-10 hours. (EDIT: After playing a few more weeks, the game definitely crashes every 3-5 hours. Hopefully the recent update will fix this issue).The game autosaves pretty often, so it is never more than 5 or 10 minutes lost of game time.

Really well done game. Bought it at launch, got stuck in the landscape of a space station and got a refund, and playing it 6 years later, very impressive with what they were able to do. This is one I'll likely play for a while after the Plat.

Edited by cobaltTangerine

52 minutes ago, cobaltTangerine said:

Great guide! Like it says, normally playing through the game will grab you most of the trophies. AFK for the Stranger in a Strange Land was really the only trophy I actively went after. I literally looked up yesterday and only needed 3 trophies. I still need the A Space Odyssey trophy (I need to warp a few more times), but if you enjoy the game, almost everything comes naturally. 2/10 on difficulty. And 35 hours seems about right time wise.

I will say I found the first few hours tedious. I started the game a few times and moved onto something else. If this happens and you go back to the game, you'll likely forget the info dump of the game systems they spell out in the early hours. They aren't difficult to understand, but they're essential mechanics. You have a very small inventory, so it is a balance of inventory management and running small errands to find resources to upgrade the next thing. But once you get out of that initial period and get to the space anomaly, especially once you build a base and a few storage containers, things get going. It transitions from a survival game to an exploration game. So I recommend giving it a shot for several hours before you move on if you're getting frustrated with the intro.

Really well done game. Bought it at launch, got stuck in the landscape of a space station and got a refund, and playing it 6 years later, very impressive with what they were able to do. This is one I'll likely play for a while after the Plat.

If you continue playing, invest in an Activated Indium farm immediately, 200mil per day. This game has gone leaps and bounds from release and is actually quite decent to play without worrying about trophies tbh.

This game can be done in one playthrough of Permadeath if you know whats going on, otherwise very straightforward to 100%

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TriadThunder-X said:

If you continue playing, invest in an Activated Indium farm immediately, 200mil per day. This game has gone leaps and bounds from release and is actually quite decent to play without worrying about trophies tbh.

This game can be done in one playthrough of Permadeath if you know whats going on, otherwise very straightforward to 100%

Thanks, I saw a few of those videos, but have yet to build one. Someone on the space anomaly randomly game me 300,000,000 worth of rare items right when I started, so that made money almost immediately a non issue. I've upgraded my ship a few times, so I think I'm down to around 50,000,000. I've done the chlorine and cobalt methods a few times, but this activated indium farm seems pretty straightforward. Thanks again for the tip!

• Like 1