PS4 10.00 Update Has Issues SMH

Colin_Raleigh

Apparently the 10.00 update took away Sony's ability to know how to count. I recently earned my 639th platinum but it still says 638. Oddly enough though, the gold, silvers, and bronzes updated just fine however with the exception of one gold. I've tried syncing the trophies multiple times but the platinum counter still remains frozen at 638. Jesus, these clowns really fucked up. ?

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
Accurately describing Sony's incompetence
  • Like 1

From what I’ve heard, this has been an issue for some time. Sometimes the console’s count takes a while to “catch up” with the network or vice versa. I’m uncertain what causes this - and haven’t experienced it myself - but this has been a thing for quite a while, not something caused by the 10.0 OS update.

• Like 1

Just now, Ashande said:

From what I’ve heard, this has been an issue for some time. Sometimes the console’s count takes a while to “catch up” with the network or vice versa. I’m uncertain what causes this - and haven’t experienced it myself - but this has been a thing for quite a while, not something caused by the 10.0 OS update.

To be honest, this is the first time I've ever seen this problem. Wasn't aware of the fact that this has occurred previously. 

1 minute ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Some people have been having issues even downloading the update, and a fairly common issue (which affected me as well) is DLC for some games mysteriously no longer showing as installed. Seems to be mostly affect those with external HDDs, and disconnecting and reconnecting them seems to fix it for most people. I had to "redownload" them unfortunately, my storage space didn't decrease at all despite them re-downloading and re-installing, so it seems like it just replaced the files that were already there, the PS4 just couldn't detect they were actually installed for whatever reason.

Definitely the buggiest PS4 update I've seen in a very long time, since I think the one that caused PS4s to get stuck in rest mode (and that was a loooong time ago now).

I've read about what you've described too, at the moment that's undeniably the biggest issue with 10.00 at the moment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

To be honest, this is the first time I've ever seen this problem. Wasn't aware of the fact that this has occurred previously. 

Thinking about it, I've also experienced this issue before, just last year in fact. Trophy count wasn't updating on my system but was updating on here. It eventually fixed itself after about a day, not sure what caused it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Thinking about it, I've also experienced this issue before, just last year in fact. Trophy count wasn't updating on my system but was updating on here. It eventually fixed itself after about a day, not sure what caused it in the first place.

Another mystery ailment huh? Reminds me of that damned CE-34878-0 error, thanks to that one popping up randomly I've had to delete and reinstall my account on my console 3 times so far. As for this counting issue, thanks for the info. Good to know it'll eventually fix itself.

52 minutes ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Some people have been having issues even downloading the update, and a fairly common issue (which affected me as well) is DLC for some games mysteriously no longer showing as installed. Seems to be mostly affect those with external HDDs, and disconnecting and reconnecting them seems to fix it for most people. I had to "redownload" them unfortunately, my storage space didn't decrease at all despite them re-downloading and re-installing, so it seems like it just replaced the files that were already there, the PS4 just couldn't detect they were actually installed for whatever reason.

Definitely the buggiest PS4 update I've seen in a very long time, since I think the one that caused PS4s to get stuck in rest mode (and that was a loooong time ago now).

This happened to me earlier today, after I installed the update.  I use an external HDD and was perplexed as to why my DLC/Updates vanished. 

Thankfully, all I had to do was a quick reconnect, but I am glad to know I am not the only one who had to deal with this. 

It is a little concerning how on multiple occasions, these updates have come with bugs and glitches. 

I don't recall this happening on PS3, ever.

Edited by zachhero
  • Like 2

Until Sony remembers how to perform a basic skill that most folks learned in preschool, I'm keeping a rude remark and a rude image on my PSN ID in regards to their inability to know how to count properly. It's one thing to fail, but to fail through incompetence and utter stupidity? That rightfully deserves harsh criticism. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Until Sony remembers how to perform a basic skill that most folks learned in preschool, I'm keeping a rude remark and a rude image on my PSN ID in regards to their inability to know how to count properly. It's one thing to fail, but to fail through incompetence and utter stupidity? That rightfully deserves harsh criticism. 

well you could count them and All mighty lord gaben as well as he can't count to 3 at all and square enix is able but they have to go through 1.5 2.5 and 2.8 and 2.9 to get to 3 and other half numbers to get to 3

Edited by Lonemankane

15 minutes ago, tom_waits said:

I'm actually thrilled about the extra zoom on the web browser. Playing on a 32" TV made the browser text hard to read from a distance with the limited zoom before this update.

Do you not have zoom enabled in accessibility options? I always have that enabled, use it a lot with my bad eyesight. 

9 hours ago, zachhero said:

This happened to me earlier today, after I installed the update.  I use an external HDD and was perplexed as to why my DLC/Updates vanished. 

Thankfully, all I had to do was a quick reconnect, but I am glad to know I am not the only one who had to deal with this. 

It is a little concerning how on multiple occasions, these updates have come with bugs and glitches. 

I don't recall this happening on PS3, ever.

This^

My DLCs vanished as well for some games but disconnecting, then reconnecting my External Hard Drive fixed the problem.

• Like 2

Not sure if it's the update, or my PS Plus auto-renewed today, but I can't access any of my PS Plus titles..

I get an error saying it can't connect to the server to verify the license, and restoring licenses gets so far (after taking ages) and informs me that the PlayStation Network is under maintenance.. despite there being nothing on the "Service Status" page. Argh! ?

5 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Not sure if it's the update, or my PS Plus auto-renewed today, but I can't access any of my PS Plus titles..

I get an error saying it can't connect to the server to verify the license, and restoring licenses gets so far (after taking ages) and informs me that the PlayStation Network is under maintenance.. despite there being nothing on the "Service Status" page. Argh! 1f621.png

PlayStation Network is currently experiencing issues.

PSN.png

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 2:57 AM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Same here i had to install all Hajimari No Kiseki DLC again as i couldn't load my save.

Edited by Nelson_
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

PlayStation Network is currently experiencing issues.

PSN.png

Yeah, I had issues making a purchase and then when I'd finally made said purchase, it gave me that "you don't have a license" horseshit. I was eventually able to access it about 20 minutes later and then the game's trophies wouldn't sync. However, a manual sync quickly solved the problem. According to the latest info, PSN is still having an ass attack however.

• Like 2