Rocksmith+ (pc)

cybershark91

Hey guys, so ubisoft quietly released Rocksmith+ on pc. Anybody planning in getting it? I‘m still hesitating. I realy loved the first rocksmith I played on ps3 xears ago, but here we go again with a quite expensive subscription model. 
besides I‘m still hoping for a ps5 release. Couldn‘t find anything regarding ps5 though except the old anouncment trailer from a year ago.

if anybody knows more, pls let me know. 

I've been following the news on this closely since I absolutely loved RS2014. Judging from the majority over on the Rocksmith subreddit, the response has been overwhelmingly negative, as Ubisoft seems to have gone for quantity over quality and pushed a half-baked subscription service out the door for a quick dollar. The library of songs is very large compared to RS2014, but filled with absolute garbage in comparison. Many big-name bands are missing, with the ones appearing having a very small or underwhelming choice of songs. 

I've also seen a few users mention that many of the rock/metal songs aren't charted properly, and that they are encouraging other users to pitch in with the tabbing/charting of songs, much like how Custom DLC was handled on the PC versions of the older titles. Overall, if it were to release on consoles in the state that it is in on PC, I wouldn't even consider getting it (which pains me to say because I was so looking forward to it, even with a subscription model). Here's hoping Ubisoft get their shit together and make some updates down the line to make it worth the while. 

A subscription model? To the surprise of nobody....

I have always wanted to get into Rocksmith, but the problem for me is that it has "real" music. I want to be playing my favourite guitar riffs on Dynasty Warriors 3, or Double Dragon II, or Virtua Tennis 1.

And like, the best Guitar group in the whole world!!... 1 song, Apache,

sad face.

As far as I‘m aware they plan to bring new songs each month, so only time will show if the songlist will improve. I for myself found enough songs i‘m interested in to consider getting it, but i would only go for a playstation version ? 

or even better, a subscription with crossversion play. That wiuld be fine, too 

Edited by cybershark91

I was really looking forward to getting this for PS5, and willing to pay the steep subscription price assuming I could find pretty much any song in the massive song library, basically use this game as a tab for any song I wanted to learn. Terribly dissapointing song list, Master of Puppets is in there (thanks Stranger Things) at least. Haven’t look through it all, but the fact that MoP is the only Metallica song and there is no AC/DC, Priest, Van Halen, Megadeth or Maiden at all is insane for a game like this. But hey at least there are 103 songs by the Indigo Girls, whatever that is.

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I have always wanted to get into Rocksmith, but the problem for me is that it has "real" music. I want to be playing my favourite guitar riffs on Dynasty Warriors 3, or Double Dragon II, or Virtua Tennis 1.

The PC version of Rocksmith 2014 is your game. No subscription, and CDLC (custom DLC) brings those songs you're looking for, as long as somebody has charted it beforehand.

• Like 3