Football Manager 2023 coming to PS5 November 8!

• 1 month later...
On 13/09/2022 at 11:10 PM, Beatminaz said:

Finally. The 2014 version was great to play even though it was badly optimized for the vita.

Hopefully this will be much better on the ps5 as the games have been on xbox for a few years already.

Oh wow, I didn't even know it was on vita. I'm really surprised the vita could handle it. It must've been an incredibly watered down version of FM. 

The list for 2023 :

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/football-manager-2023/achievements/

2 hours ago, Riiszk said:

Oh wow, I didn't even know it was on vita. I'm really surprised the vita could handle it. It must've been an incredibly watered down version of FM. 

The list for 2023 :

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/football-manager-2023/achievements/

thanks for sharing the list, shame there's no 'get promoted from the bottom division to the top division' trophy as those would be ultra rare.

hope it's also cross save!

Edited by danseakins

• 4 weeks later...

Am I being stupid or is this not on the psn store anymore? I thought it was releasing 2 days ago, but it's still not even here on psnp either. I completely forgot to pre-order it too. Have others been playing this? 

Edit: Just found the answer. It was delayed only days before release as is wasn't running properly apparently. I don't think there's a new release date yet. 

Edited by Riiszk

I didn't know about the Vita version but not counting that, this was to be the first proper football management game on a Sony console since LMA Manager 2007 way back on the PS2.  It's crazy really that PlayStation owners have been deprived of this type of game for so long.  With that in mind and as a big LMA fan back in the day I was excited when I heard FM2023 was coming to the PS5.  It's a worry and a shame that said version has now been postponed.  Hopefully a postponement is all it is and it does eventually get over the line and grace the PS5 with its presence in the coming weeks.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, JusttJD said:

Still no news about the PS5 version, I assume?

Someone asked on the FM Twitter yesterday and the response was the usual...

"we’re continuing to work with Sony and are getting closer to a way forward. As soon as we have more information we'll communicate it, we appreciate your patience and apologise for the inconvenience."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeppelinlee said:

Someone asked on the FM Twitter yesterday and the response was the usual...

"we’re continuing to work with Sony and are getting closer to a way forward. As soon as we have more information we'll communicate it, we appreciate your patience and apologise for the inconvenience."

So sad.

If it's not going to happen, then just say it, you know?

And, "postponing" it on the day of the release was really a scummy move as well.

You are not going to tell me that they just found out at the last minute that it's not going to happen.

And, to be completely honest... I have no idea what the issue could be either.

I love Football Manager and Sports Interactive, but this little stunt has actually caused me to skip the PC version as well, and will keep doing that in the future until they do something about the Playstation version.
Either tell us that it's never going to happen, or give us what we want.

10 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

So sad.

If it's not going to happen, then just say it, you know?

And, "postponing" it on the day of the release was really a scummy move as well.

You are not going to tell me that they just found out at the last minute that it's not going to happen.

And, to be completely honest... I have no idea what the issue could be either.

I love Football Manager and Sports Interactive, but this little stunt has actually caused me to skip the PC version as well, and will keep doing that in the future until they do something about the Playstation version.
Either tell us that it's never going to happen, or give us what we want.

The issue is that the PS5 just cannot handle it, its no fault on the developer really

21 hours ago, Dovahki1nn said:

The issue is that the PS5 just cannot handle it, its no fault on the developer really

Again, if that is the case then they should be upfront about that.

I doubt that the PS5 can't handle it though, and the Xbox S can.

But, even if that were the case, then the fault still lays with the developers.

Or, are you telling me that they only found this out on the day of the release?

Come on, of course not.

3 hours ago, JusttJD said:

Again, if that is the case then they should be upfront about that.

I doubt that the PS5 can't handle it though, and the Xbox S can.

But, even if that were the case, then the fault still lays with the developers.

Or, are you telling me that they only found this out on the day of the release?

Come on, of course not.

Xbox has basically become an underpowered PC being Microsoft.

Surely can't be the fault of Sony who very frequently cheap out on parts etc.

Hell PS5 is that much of a letdown mine tried to just kill itself for no reason and took four attempts to fix. And let's not forget the manufacturer who still can't work out what causes this issue lmao

Isn't there a more simplistic stripped down version of Football Manager on the Switch?  In the unlikely event that the PS5 can't handle the full version they could at least give us the Switch treatment.

I'd say it's unlikely to happen now on the PS5 unfortunately.  As an alternative it'd be great to see Codemasters resurrect the LMA Manager franchise.  With no competition it would surely be worth their while in doing so?  It's not like they're pulling up trees these days with their racing games either.       

• 2 weeks later...