Asterix & Obelix XXXL: The Ram From Hibernia (Fall 2022)

kenseizenkai

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Viper said:

Literally never heard of this series, and apparently it's been a game series since the Atari 2600!? And before that it was a board game and comic book series? Under a rock, I have been.

You were not familiar even with the comics before this? Never even saw an animated film?

That's incredulous to me. Before this, I had not met or heard of anyone who is not somehow familiar with Asterix & Obelix. Even people I know, born in late 50's or early 60's, read the comics as a kid. And people born in 70's to 90's most certainly did. In terms of recognition, I would brand Asterix just slightly below or on par with Peanuts, which would be second only to Disney.

Edited by Antiristus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Antiristus said:

You were not familiar even with the comics before this? Never even saw an animated film?

That's incredulous to me. Before this, I had not met or heard of anyone who is not somehow familiar with Asterix & Obelix. Even people I know, born in late 50's or early 60's, read the comics as a kid. And people born in 70's to 90's most certainly did. In terms of recognition, I would brand Asterix just slightly below or on par with Peanuts, which would be second only to Disney.

I've seen the characters before, as I know they had comic strips in newspapers back in the day...but they were always the ones I didn't care about, and never would have been able to point them out by name. I most definitely know Peanuts. 

It's possible, but like I said American newspapers had the "funny section" on Sundays with comic strips like Garfield, Peanuts, Archie and these guys. But I haven't seen these names mentioned in over 20 years coupled with them not being a comic strip I paid a lot of attention to. It just didn't trigger that core memory for me. I definitely didn't know they had video games though. 

I remember renting a few of the comics at my local library and seeing one of the animated movies pop up on a public access channel once(this same station also regularly aired other eu imports like red dwarf and doctor who). But yeah, this franchises reach in the states is quite limited because none of the big 3 kids networks or the big Saturday morning blocks ever aired the animated adaptations as far as im aware and the comics weren't really syndicated in most newspapers. Compare that to another eu import wallace and gromit which was constantly in rotation on cartoon networks Saturday night movie block and as a result more people are familiar with that. Asterix may be huge in the eu but at best the only way a kid in the states would be familiar with the franchise is if you stumble upon one of the films in a blockbuster or find a compilation of comics in a library or book store. An unfortunate victim of poor marketing and limited interest by the outlets by the outlets that could give it potential to succeed.

• Like 1

What in the name of Toutatis and the other Gods!!! A New Asterix&Obelix game, how i miss it??

Definitely i will check it along with the remastered of the first XXL game.

Asterix series is one my favourite comics only some issues missing from my library.

Sadly not many remember the XXL series of games, especially XXL2 which is a fantastic parody of video game pop culture.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10.11.2022 at 2:29 PM, Yoey_666 said:

So is this game bugged or hard ? Anyone who tried getting plat can say something already ?

I repeat my question since noone answered and the other XXL games are getting a PS5 version now.

Are some of the trophies bugged or is the game just hard ? Noone having plat after this long time is pretty uncommon.

Edited by Yoey_666

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2023 at 9:36 PM, Yoey_666 said:

I repeat my question since noone answered and the other XXL games are getting a PS5 version now.

Are some of the trophies bugged or is the game just hard ? Noone having plat after this long time is pretty uncommon.

3 trophies are totally bugged. It is impossible to unlock them. I contacted the developers but got no response.

• Like 2

On 19.1.2023 at 5:10 PM, Skydante said:

3 trophies are totally bugged. It is impossible to unlock them. I contacted the developers but got no response.

I've sent them an email via their contact form. Let's see if they answer.

Edit: I opened a ticket at Microids - the publisher. Seems like all tech issues are gathered in their ticket system.

Edit2:

Dear Yoey,

Thank you for your feedback and the details.

These are indeed know issues and the team is currently working on a patch to fix them. In the meantime, we invite you to check regularly, if an update is available to fix the issues.

Of course, we stay at your disposal and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Customer support Microids

Edited by Yoey_666

• 2 months later...

Next Update 3 months later:

Dear Yoey,

There is currently no news, but we have renewed our inquiry for an update on the situation. As soon as we have news, we will get back to you.

We are sorry for the long waiting time.

Best regards,
Customer support Microids