Don't take me too seriously but there's a slight possibility that the game could be discontinued next year on PS4

Sergen

I just hope they will announce an eventual PS4 shutdown rather than turn that off all of a sudden. I could imagine this game, which gets bigger whenever a new content is being added, could just stop working on PS4 (or just make said version unplayable) all of a sudden and the dev may not be able to fix the issue and just drop the PS4 version instead.

There was a dungeon we played together which you may remember where there were some teleports to use and kill a mini-boss inside, but my loading screen to move from a room to the main boss prevented me from giving support for several seconds, same for our Tank still loading the area while you and the other dd were alone. Issues like these make it clear that being on ps4 is a handicap and things will most likely get worse as new content is being added, which is nowhere close to an ending.

I think I will take the risk and wait for the new expansion, hopefully chances that the ps4 version is killed right in that moment are very low.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9.9.2022 at 5:28 PM, Sergen said:

I'd suggest any aspiring trophy hunter who wants to play the game to get it on PS5 as well because the PS4 version definitely will leave a bad taste in your mouth about the game, the only reason you'd avoid the PS5 version is trophies but don't let trophies hold you back from enjoying a good game. 

If someone is holding back the PS5 version just because of the trophies: be assured, trophies are auto-pop in both directions, so you can play and earn trophies on the shiny PS5 version and just pop them by logging into the PS4 version.

But yeah if it helps the devs to focus on some new content that's currently not possible because of last gen i really hope they will drop it someday. Last years felt a bit copy and paste in terms of general content. But then atleast i only need to keep one list at 100%:D (even though i wouldn't mind getting 2 trophies per achievement)

Im just not sure if they really wanna go this step just now. Of course i don't know any numbers but i could imagine that a lot of people are still using last gen consoles to play ESO. If they just gonna cut them off without current gen consoles being readily available and affordable for the people, i don't know if they wouldn't loose too many players (that pay for eso+, crowns, dlcs to keep the game running). I mean they surely will make a decision that suits them best.

But lets see, sometime it has to happen, happened for other service games in the last generation as well, for example gta online (even though PS3 and PS4 didnt share the same servers, like with eso). Im not sure if it would be possible to run like PS4 only servers, which wont get any new content but lets people at least still play the game, maybe even with the option to migrate to regular servers then with all your current items and stuff.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Namenloser1990 said:

If someone is holding back the PS5 version just because of the trophies: be assured, trophies are auto-pop in both directions, so you can play and earn trophies on the shiny PS5 version and just pop them by logging into the PS4 version.

But yeah if it helps the devs to focus on some new content that's currently not possible because of last gen i really hope they will drop it someday. Last years felt a bit copy and paste in terms of general content. But then atleast i only need to keep one list at 100%:D (even though i wouldn't mind getting 2 trophies per achievement)

Im just not sure if they really wanna go this step just now. Of course i don't know any numbers but i could imagine that a lot of people are still using last gen consoles to play ESO. If they just gonna cut them off without current gen consoles being readily available and affordable for the people, i don't know if they wouldn't loose too many players (that pay for eso+, crowns, dlcs to keep the game running). I mean they surely will make a decision that suits them best.

But lets see, sometime it has to happen, happened for other service games in the last generation as well, for example gta online (even though PS3 and PS4 didnt share the same servers, like with eso). Im not sure if it would be possible to run like PS4 only servers, which wont get any new content but lets people at least still play the game, maybe even with the option to migrate to regular servers then with all your current items and stuff.

The trophy concern here for some people is that the PS4 version has an original trophy list with 124 trophies that finished on the Dragonhold DLC and then there's a 2nd trophy list that will keep being updated for years. You can avoid the 2nd trophy list on PS4 and only do that one if you wanna get the rarest version of the game done whereas playing the PS5 version requires you to get the trophies that were only on the 2nd PS4 list because all those trophies are on the 1 list thanks to the relaxed trophy cap. 

• Like 2

Just now, Namenloser1990 said:

oh i see, didnt thought of that. So basically there are people who want to get this game done 100% until dragonhold, but don't plan to go any further?

Yeah the people who are afraid of a lifetime commitment for trophies lol. Not that many people who feel that way but I've seen it before because they only want the first trophy list done and that's it. A bit of a shit way to play the game if you ask me, restricting yourself from content and being afraid of finding dungeons from the 2nd trophy list in your random normal daily runs because the person doesn't wanna unlock a trophy on the 2nd list. Either way a lot of trophy hunters love to ruin games for themselves with trophies but I'm not gonna stop them. 

• Like 3

Yeah i mean if people are really willing to commit to get 100% on the original trophy list, there is not much stopping them from doing the rest too since the newer DLCs are really a walk in the park compared to the rest. No specific dungeon trophies anymore.

and if in the foreseeable future, ZOS really starts to abandon the PS4 version (which means no new trophies for the second PS4 list) then the concern of lifetime commitment would go away. Sure people would still need to play on the PS4 version so they dont lock themselves into the PS5 list but yeah.

For me this is all or nothing. I got 100% because i like it eso a lot so of course i want to keep it that way on both lists:D 

• Like 1

At the moment Cyrodiil is impossible to play properly when just two alliances are two bars. I press buttons and for every single action there's a delay of 1-2 seconds. The fact that ZoS hasn't done anything to improve performance yet, even though complaints date back as far as 2014-2015, is just insane. Given their track record with recent updates and patches, I find it hard to believe that new servers will improve things. One can hope though...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mori said:

At the moment Cyrodiil is impossible to play properly when just two alliances are two bars. I press buttons and for every single action there's a delay of 1-2 seconds. The fact that ZoS hasn't done anything to improve performance yet, even though complaints date back as far as 2014-2015, is just insane. Given their track record with recent updates and patches, I find it hard to believe that new servers will improve things. One can hope though...

PC NA with the new server hardware did get big Cyrodiil improvements and their population is about 5x higher than the PlayStation servers so hopefully it'd help console too. At least I'm retired from the PvP forever but the PvE isn't doing well after the Firesong patch hahaha, sometimes being banned from blocking altogether even when pressing L2 and the game is crashing a lot. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
34 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Well folks tomorrow will answer the question of this thread. I for one hope they don't add new trophies at least for the PS4 stack but we'll see. Kinda tired of this game at this point. I play too many games that keep adding trophies so I have to come back I guess 1f606.png1f605.png

Unfortunately until they decide to discontinue the entire PS4 version they're probably gonna keep adding trophies to the additional expansions list so Necrom on PS4 will get trophies tomorrow. Some pretty annoying ones for that matter because to get Savior of Necrom you have to get all antiquities and finish the fishing of the zone alongside the other stuff that is in every other "Savior of..." trophy. Then my prediction is that the 4th trophy will be "Keeper of the Bastion" which requires you to get all the achievements in the new feature the Bastion Nymics and one of the achievements in that section is 30 daily quests. 

Edited by Sergen

23 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Unfortunately until they decide to discontinue the entire PS4 version they're probably gonna keep adding trophies to the additional expansions list so Necrom on PS4 will get trophies tomorrow. Some pretty annoying ones for that matter because to get Savior of Necrom you have to get all antiquities and finish the fishing of the zone alongside the other stuff that is in every other "Savior of..." trophy. Then my prediction is that the 4th trophy will be "Keeper of the Bastion" which requires you to get all the achievements in the new feature the Bastion Nymics and one of the achievements in that section is 30 daily quests. 

How do you know all of this? Did they release the trophies already somewhere?

11 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

How do you know all of this? Did they release the trophies already somewhere?

A very predictable trophy pattern after about 6 years of using the same kind of trophies in every dungeon and zone trophy pack so it's pretty obvious...

The PC version already has Necrom and the achievements are available there and you can see the requirements from those achievements...

The trophies will probably be the following for Necrom: Savior of Necrom which now includes antiquities, fishing and skyshards, Keeper of the Bastion because it's the new feature of the year and last year when they made Tales of Tribute the trophy was Tales of Tribute Master, Sanity's Edge Vanquisher (complete Sanity's Edge trial on normal) and then Champion of Apocrypha for completing the Necrom story quests. 

Edited by Sergen

On 19.6.2023 at 1:49 PM, Sergen said:

A very predictable trophy pattern after about 6 years of using the same kind of trophies in every dungeon and zone trophy pack so it's pretty obvious...

The PC version already has Necrom and the achievements are available there and you can see the requirements from those achievements...

The trophies will probably be the following for Necrom: Savior of Necrom which now includes antiquities, fishing and skyshards, Keeper of the Bastion because it's the new feature of the year and last year when they made Tales of Tribute the trophy was Tales of Tribute Master, Sanity's Edge Vanquisher (complete Sanity's Edge trial on normal) and then Champion of Apocrypha for completing the Necrom story quests. 

Well, pretty close. Now you just gotta make a new character instead lmao
Also: antiquities fishing and skyhards are now included? Who the hell had that idea? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sezzuyasha said:

Well, pretty close. Now you just gotta make a new character instead lmao
Also: antiquities fishing and skyhards are now included? Who the hell had that idea? 

Actually they used the dumbed down version where it doesn't require fishing, antiquities and skyshards, the trophy is "Hero of Necrom" which doesn't have those requirements and Savior of Necrom is a separate achievement. Surprised they added the Arcanist level 50 trophy though, but there's a free additional character slot so don't worry

• Like 1