Any DLC trophies expected in the short term?

n1c0live

Hey there,

Just wondering if this game will get DLC trophies in the short term like Part II did 2 months after its release. From what I've seen, Part I already comes with Grounded difficulty and Permadeath settings, so I think it's safe to say that they didn't bother with difficulty trophies for this remaster.

What are your thoughts? I know that it's almost impossible to predict such thing but I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Personally I'm looking forward to replaying this story and then reselling the game since it's so expensive where I live.

• Like 1

I agree I don't see how they can add speedrun/permadeath/grounded/ng+ trophies when all of that is already there at launch. Sure they could just add the trophies anyway but with little justification since they wouldn't be accompanied by related DLC. I think trophies for all of those are pointless anyway given the accessibility option invisible when not aiming.

Edited by emailking
  • Like 2

I doubt it. At least not anytime soon. It already has NG+, Grounded, Permadeath, and Speedrun already built into the game. In the past, things like Grounded and Permadeath were post-release additions, which provided the opportunity for DLC trophies. If ND intended for those modes to have DLC trophies, it would've been at release similar to the Nathan Drake Collection.

If this iteration of the game gets more trophies, I'd guess it would be for something that isn't already available. Maybe they'll include skins based on the upcoming show and ask us to play through using those, and then maybe they can tie it to Permadeath or Speedrun. That would be my guess, and if that is ultimately the correct answer, it probably wouldn't be until we get closer to the show's debut.

• Like 1

I expect NaughtyDog’s Last of Us multiplayer game will be bundled with Part 1 to try and justify its price tag. 

It may come with DLC trophies as I believe every NaughtyDog game has. Or if it may come with its own trophy list like Resident Evil has done with their single player/multiplayer bundled releases. 

1 hour ago, BrilloHD said:

I doubt it. At least not anytime soon. It already has NG+, Grounded, Permadeath, and Speedrun already built into the game. In the past, things like Grounded and Permadeath were post-release additions, which provided the opportunity for DLC trophies. If ND intended for those modes to have DLC trophies, it would've been at release similar to the Nathan Drake Collection.

If this iteration of the game gets more trophies, I'd guess it would be for something that isn't already available. Maybe they'll include skins based on the upcoming show and ask us to play through using those, and then maybe they can tie it to Permadeath or Speedrun. That would be my guess, and if that is ultimately the correct answer, it probably wouldn't be until we get closer to the show's debut.

Exactly my thoughts. This case also reminded me of how the Uncharted Trilogy was treated in terms of additional trophies for the remastered release, makes me wonder if ND will ever add small content to boost replayability a little bit for Part I.

Short term it seems safe to 100% this game and quickly sell/trade it, hope this thread ages well. 

• Like 2

I don’t know if there will be DLC “trophies” , I personally think yes but cannot be certain , but what is interesting on my pre order i have redeemable DLC items that came with my pre-order. 

I’d love to know what it is.. surely not what came with the release .. here’s a snip of my email;

Thank you for pre-ordering PS5 THE LAST OF US PART 1 through JB Hi-Fi Online!

Pre Order The Last of Us Part I and get the DLC items below

• Bonus Supplements

• Bonus Weapon Parts

Redemption Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i think it’ll be exactly how Tlou2 was with grounded and permadeath trophies.

I redeemed the code and nothing is available to me at present. 

It's hard to tell with this as they haven't released a full so called remake before, but if they did, I wouldn't be surprised if there was also a trophy for upgrading everything, thus making most guides almost useless considering the games activity cards currently tell you everything that unofficial guides currently do.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:27 AM, JWill_55 said:

I don’t know if there will be DLC “trophies” , I personally think yes but cannot be certain , but what is interesting on my pre order i have redeemable DLC items that came with my pre-order. 

I’d love to know what it is.. surely not what came with the release .. here’s a snip of my email;

Thank you for pre-ordering PS5 THE LAST OF US PART 1 through JB Hi-Fi Online!

Pre Order The Last of Us Part I and get the DLC items below

• Bonus Supplements

• Bonus Weapon Parts

Redemption Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i think it’ll be exactly how Tlou2 was with grounded and permadeath trophies.

I redeemed the code and nothing is available to me at present. 

It shows up as a toggle in options and an option when you start a new game.  For some reason mine didn't show up until the next day after release.  I had already played a bunch and didn't want to start over so I couldn't take advantage of the extra parts and supplements.

On 9/9/2022 at 2:23 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I expect NaughtyDog’s Last of Us multiplayer game will be bundled with Part 1 to try and justify its price tag. 

It may come with DLC trophies as I believe every NaughtyDog game has. Or if it may come with its own trophy list like Resident Evil has done with their single player/multiplayer bundled releases. 

The new multiplayer is supposed to be a pretty significant in size completely seperate game.  So I don't expect any trophies for it will be added as dlc.  Whether it's free or paid it'll probably be some sort of seperate list given how much they are putting into it supposedly.  It might be bundled with a series collection if they do a PS5 version of part 2, but that'll probably be a while after release.  I also expect it to be a seperate purchase and not free, given how much they charged for pt 1 and the scope of it.  We'll see though.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello,
Two months after the game's release ... is there anything new about this topic? Personally, I don't follow the industry anymore (I just play), so I wanted to ask you if you know anything about upcomming DLC with additional modes as it was in Part II? I'd rather sell it than keep it ...

22 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Hello,
Two months after the game's release ... is there anything new about this topic? Personally, I don't follow the industry anymore (I just play), so I wanted to ask you if you know anything about upcomming DLC with additional modes as it was in Part II? I'd rather sell it than keep it ...

Highly unlikely there will ever be any DLC trophy list added to this game in my opinion. Let’s not forget it is the remaster of a remaster of a 2013 PS3 game - any significant additional content ever planned by Naughty Dog has already been released with the previous versions and is actually included in the PS5 one.

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2