Is Insane hard?

DaScorpio_

I watched a bit of a few livestreams of insane.  It looks quite hard due to the fact there is little room for error.  A lot of guys kill you in two hits, people like billy and chris will kill in one hit.  Once your dead, it is straight to the beginning.  Also I've heard you have to do it in one sitting.

Good luck.

I watched a bit of a few livestreams of insane.  It looks quite hard due to the fact there is little room for error.  A lot of guys kill you in two hits, people like billy and chris will kill in one hit.  Once your dead, it is straight to the beginning.  Also I've heard you have to do it in one sitting.

Good luck.

yeah me and a few friends tried it and theres no saves so yeah you have to do it in one sitting

Okay cool, I'm keen to go for it sometime soon too, but there are some unpredictable bits where you can do exactly the same thing each time, but Chris will be in a different position or looking in a different direction, which I'm not too keen on.

I'm thinking the best way might be to practice particular chapters/parts that may be troublesome a few times over to figure out a 'guaranteed' way to do it without dying

Something I found useful (in the basement at the start in particular) was to turn on switches or whatever, and then hide in a dark corner near the door; but not in the locker. When the variant/chris chasing you comes into the room and begins to open a locker, I've found you can sprint from your hiding place to the door and they won't even notice your presence at all; very helpful. In the basement part, I found you could turn on 2 switches and hide in the corner of one room. Then when he comes in, you can sprint through the door he came from to get the 3rd one. Then hide in the corner directly opposite the door in that room and do exactly the same thing (sprint back to the main room and turn on the overall switch). Same in the sewers with chris; when going right (from where you come in), you can go in that room, turn on the valve, hide behind the shelving in the darkness and sprint past him when he looks in the locker.

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

I know some people who used PowerPyx's Outlast insane speedrun and they said its very useful from what i hear insane will take a couple of tries and is something you probably wont get on first try

I will use it, but whenever i watch it it lags every 3 seconds what is a huge disappointment in my computer

Okay cool, I'm keen to go for it sometime soon too, but there are some unpredictable bits where you can do exactly the same thing each time, but Christ will be in a different position or looking in a different direction, which I'm not too keen on.

That just happened to me, like i was watching someone playing in same part as i was and the psycho (enemie)  turned left for when it turned right (my side) for me :/ its gonna be hard

I haven't done the trophy yet myself, but I do intend to get it eventually. My plan is to play the game on Nightmare mode first, BUT make a save file just before every single potentially dangerous area. That way, you can practice those areas ad nauseum until running through the areas become easy and second nature, and then after you're comfortable, do Insane Mode.  I think that method might be less frustrating and make me less likely to give up on the trophy than if I just kept playing Insane over and over again until I get it. It should work because from my understanding, the baddies have very predictable behaviours and walk in the same patterns in each area.