How bad are HVTs without the German version?

Can anyone comment on the difficulty of HVTs in the non-German versions of the game? I'm considering just getting the NA version of the game because they're more easily available for purchase, but I'm hesitant because of the HVT situation. The guide says it's a 5/10 difficulty which I'm assuming is without using the German version, so that doesn't seem too bad but I'm wondering if that's a deceptive ranking of difficulty and it's actually harder than that

Yeah, done this game before it's only certain HVTS that are a problem, and it's about having a strategy for the annoying ones like there is one with a guy on a rock, and he can just fall off it and die which means a restart. A good idea is to use a civilian car, so you're disguised, drive up to the rock then quickly subdue him then get away from him to clear out the enemies.

That being said, the most annoying ones 100% are the ones on oil rigs as that is in the sea and if a rogue explosion happens the thing gets destroyed, and you easily get frustrated it's about getting luck with these particular ones. But overall I wouldn't say it's all that bad it's manageable, just can get you annoyed lol.

• Like 2

They're not hard per-sae but can be very annoying to capture, especially when one dies through no fault of your own for whatever reason. I had to reload certain HVT missions multiple times because of glitches and the terrible A.I causing HVTs to do stupid things that got them killed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

They can be extremely irritating. It is a must you disable auto save when capturing them. Make all of one faction before moving on to the next.

The most annoying imo are the Chinese HVT's. Some you can avoid combat, just subdue them and call the extraction immediately and even if the helicopter explodes after being captured, it makes no difference.

Use the Matias character for having the best hp recovery, make sure the "HVT captured" message appears and then manually save the game.

For the story HTVs, Carmona was a problem for me because I was hostile to the faction responsible for the extraction (UP) and had to bribe them and redo the quest. Watch out for it, good luck! =)

5 hours ago, kevao97 said:

They can be extremely irritating. It is a must you disable auto save when capturing them. Make all of one faction before moving on to the next.

The most annoying imo are the Chinese HVT's. Some you can avoid combat, just subdue them and call the extraction immediately and even if the helicopter explodes after being captured, it makes no difference.

Use the Matias character for having the best hp recovery, make sure the "HVT captured" message appears and then manually save the game.

For the story HTVs, Carmona was a problem for me because I was hostile to the faction responsible for the extraction (UP) and had to bribe them and redo the quest. Watch out for it, good luck! =)

You dont need to disable autosave, you can but its just another problem if something happens and you forgot you disabled it and you restart your game further back, personally sure theres a handfull of HVTs that are annoying but a simple walk in, clear all enemies and extract isnt tough. 

Personally just make sure you make a manual save before going for each HVT and if he dies, just quit the game, and try again, this method completely bypasses the need to disable autosave.

But thats just my opinion, each to there own

9 minutes ago, MystifyR said:

Você não precisa desabilitar o salvamento automático, você pode, mas é apenas outro problema se algo acontecer e você esquecer que o desativou e reiniciar o jogo mais para trás, pessoalmente com certeza há um punhado de HVTs que são irritantes, mas uma simples caminhada, limpe todos os inimigos e extrair não é difícil. 

Pessoalmente, apenas certifique-se de fazer um salvamento manual antes de ir para cada HVT e, se ele morrer, saia do jogo e tente novamente, esse método ignora completamente a necessidade de desativar o salvamento automático.

Mas isso é apenas minha opinião, cada um tem sua própria

The fact is that most of the time HVTs will die for some reason. Some are in locations that will be blown up and collapsed by the stupid AI itself. An autosave at this point will ruin everything, and it's very easy to get confused between a fucked up save and a clean one, you could end up saving in the wrong slot and lose dozens of hours of progress (I needed 80 hrs for platinum).

anyway it's just friendly advice to avoid frustration. I was particularly methodical in saving immediately after capturing an HVT, and autosave was disabled only for that particular trophy, then you can activate it again.

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

If youre going for a friendly faction hvt, you can get a faction vehicle and hit the horn to load up on guys walking around the base.  Transport them a little ways out if the base and kill them.

Rinse & repeat to clear the base of guards and then you can just run up and take the hvt or last couple guards without anyone calling alarm and losing faction

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Se você está indo para um hvt de facção amigável, você pode pegar um veículo de facção e apertar a buzina para carregar os caras andando pela base. Transporte-os um pouco para fora da base e mate-os.

Enxágue e repita para limpar a base de guardas e então você pode simplesmente correr e pegar o hvt ou os últimos dois guardas sem ninguém chamar o alarme e perder a facção

I never thought of that lol. good hint ngl.

1 minute ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

I planned on playing this co-op with my buddy. Would it make capturing HVTs more difficult?

In fact, the opposite. One subdues the HVT while the other clears enemies. The HVT remains invincible while being charged.

11 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

What do you mean by 'charged'?

sorry i mean carry the hvt to the extraction helicopter. in this process its invincible. english problems not being my primary language lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-09-12 at 1:45 AM, AJ_-_808 said:

If youre going for a friendly faction hvt, you can get a faction vehicle and hit the horn to load up on guys walking around the base.  Transport them a little ways out if the base and kill them.

Rinse & repeat to clear the base of guards and then you can just run up and take the hvt or last couple guards without anyone calling alarm and losing faction

This is amazing. Just tried it now and it works like a charm. I put 4 UP guys in a raven, drove into a body of water, and got out. They all drown instantly when you get out (waste of a car but so satisfying too haha). Hoping to do something like this for every HVT in which case it'll make this a breeze