Shmeefly

All Items

5 posts in this topic

As with all the souls games I play, I set myself the task of acquiring every item these games have to offer, and after 350h I can now say I’ve achieved it on Elden Ring, im 4 out of 5 including the og Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls trilogy, missing only the Obsidian Greatsword from hacking off Kalameet’s tail in Dark Souls 1.

I’m just wondering if many others do the same for these games or games in general.

If so, what was the hardest item you had to acquire throughout all of Mayazaki’s games.

For me it’s easily the Pure Bladestone from Demon’s Souls, that rock took me about 2 months to farm, even with a 0.1 drop rate that’s some serious bad luck, in Elden Ring it was probably the Pumpkin Helmet or the Celebrant’s Sickle but they don’t even come close in comparison

39 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

As with all the souls games I play, I set myself the task of acquiring every item these games have to offer, and after 350h I can now say I’ve achieved it on Elden Ring, im 4 out of 5 including the og Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls trilogy, missing only the Obsidian Greatsword from hacking off Kalameet’s tail in Dark Souls 1.

I’m just wondering if many others do the same for these games or games in general.

If so, what was the hardest item you had to acquire throughout all of Mayazaki’s games.

For me it’s easily the Pure Bladestone from Demon’s Souls, that rock took me about 2 months to farm, even with a 0.1 drop rate that’s some serious bad luck, in Elden Ring it was probably the Pumpkin Helmet or the Celebrant’s Sickle but they don’t even come close in comparison

On Dark souls 1, for sure, i ve got Kalameets tail, i spent a couple days just playing with him.  I got hooked so hard, i put 500 hours into that game on pc, then 2 plats on PS4, tried to see every secret on the wiki. that trident was a pita as well.  Afterwards, on ds2 and 3 i didn t do  a lot of wiki, so just played with what i found.  

Pure Bladestone wasnt too bad, i got it after 12 hrs, but still pretty annoying.  The shock when you realise its turned up, i ve only had 1 other rng find that compares in a different game.  I think i have the most time into the Mad Warrior set with Katana.

NIce work on finding them all.  I ve been working on getting all stacks of From games Des and after, it s hard to let go of these games.

That God damn Pure Bladestone from the original Demons Souls was a huge grind to get.

Those lava swords in Elden Ring took some time too because of course I needed 2 of them

15 minutes ago, reiner- said:

That God damn Pure Bladestone from the original Demons Souls was a huge grind to get.

Those lava swords in Elden Ring took some time too because of course I needed 2 of them

The Magma Blade? I got lucky, that mage in the throne room further up drops a rare staff too n I got both of those within 10 runs I think, you win some you lose some I guess lol, good weapon too.

Also, praise the maggots 🤘

Edited by Shmeefly

41 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

The Magma Blade? I got lucky, that mage in the throne room further up drops a rare staff too n I got both of those within 10 runs I think, you win some you lose some I guess lol, good weapon too.

Also, praise the maggots 🤘

🤘

You did get lucky. I think I also got lucky with the Pumkin Head Helmet. It dropped the first time I killed the head banging Pumkin Head on the bridge near Alexander. 

Ended up with 3 of them in the first playthrough. 😲

Didn't know they were a rare drop until a mate told me he was farming it for ages with no luck.