delisting and servers shutting down on September 30th.

cb_zen

I was going to buy this game which I thought was pretty fun on the indie sale, but found out he's flying away with the broom later this month. It's 80% off, at its lowest price ever since launch.

I went to add the Ultimate Edition to my cart at the ps store, when I was surprised by the following message:

"We have made the difficult decision to remove HyperBrawl Tournament from sale on this platform on 30th September 2022. For existing players, online services will no longer function as of 30th September 2022.
If you bought the game digitally it will remain in your library but it will not function as intended. Functionality will be lost as follows:
- While 'online' (connected to the internet) players will be unable to access the game.
- While 'offline' (disconnected from the internet) players will be able to play all offline games modes i.e. Campaign and Arcade modes but players will not be able to earn or unlock any content or level up.
We are extremely grateful to our community for joining us on our journey and thank you for your support."

I contacted one of the game's platinum owners to find out if there were any online trophies and received a response that yes, several trophies linked to the game's online features (my thanks here to HypnosXIII).

Therefore Hyperbrawl Tournament will be delisted and will have its servers shut down at the same time now on September 30th.

I myself have a big pile of trophies in games with online trophies to do and I'm not going to go after the game, but I thought I would be glad to warn the few possible interested people or those who already have it in their backlog, since the platinum of the game will become even rarer very soon. It's a shame for me that I found out about this game so late.

• Like 4

Only two people got the platinum and less than two hundred own it... I've never heard of this game in my life. What will be the estimated time for all trophies? it is understandable that this game is being shutdown since there is basically no playerbase. It will also be difficult to get any information about a game that hardly anyone has played.

Edited by kevao97

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Next to that I did 1 match fully offline and then 1 fully online. The fully offline match didnt give me any XP, but online match gave me enough XP to reach level 4. For that I think the "reach level 20" is online only too.

Any idea how long it could take to get lvl 20? Amount XP necessary for next level changes drastically?... Or... Maybe you can easily earn it while going for 100 wins...

Ok, seems that 1 of the plat achievers got level 20 way before 25/50/100 blitz matches wins. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

In my own testing

Under the tab online, there is blitz. It's locked when fully offline. This means all blitz trophies are 100% tied to the online.

This includes:

getting a 9 win streak

winning 100 matches

Score 6 goals in 1 match

Pass 50 times

Make 50 interceptions

Next to that I did 1 match fully offline and then 1 fully online. The fully offline match didnt give me any XP, but online match gave me enough XP to reach level 4. For that I think the "reach level 20" is online only too.

Blitz itself is 2v2. but it will fill you up with bots after a short time. they were quite easy, but I am not sure if it ramps up the further you go in ranked?

The rest is seemingly all offline.

Just to confirm, Blitz mode trophies and Level 20 are Online and the rest are supposedly Offline, though the wording on the shutdown has me concerned more may be impacted.

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

Doesn't seem horrible, yet I wouldn't try it with only 17 days left.

I'd say 17 days is more than enough time, if you have the time to put in before the end of September. On the UK store, the game is around £4, so worth it for a little bit of mindless fun, imo.

I put in a little bit of time earlier and already have 8 out of 100 Blitz wins and am at Level 15 already. I'd roughly guesstimate that the online trophies in the game would take about 8-10 hours. As a post above mentioned, the online searches for other players for about 30 seconds then gives you a bots game. Trophies seem to count in a bots game as I've unlocked a few Blitz-related trophies that way. However, it does seem the more you level up, the tougher the bots seem to get. It broke my win streak but that was probably more down to me being new at the game.

As a side note, the AI on your team is dog sh*t. Had a couple of instances where the other team literally walked past him and my bot just let them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

I'd say 17 days is more than enough time, if you have the time to put in before the end of September. On the UK store, the game is around £4, so worth it for a little bit of mindless fun, imo.

I put in a little bit of time earlier and already have 8 out of 100 Blitz wins and am at Level 15 already. I'd roughly guesstimate that the online trophies in the game would take about 8-10 hours. As a post above mentioned, the online searches for other players for about 30 seconds then gives you a bots game. Trophies seem to count in a bots game as I've unlocked a few Blitz-related trophies that way. However, it does seem the more you level up, the tougher the bots seem to get. It broke my win streak but that was probably more down to me being new at the game.

As a side note, the AI on your team is dog sh*t. Had a couple of instances where the other team literally walked past him and my bot just let them.

Yeah, the levels seems to ramp up. So the higher you are, the higher level the enemy bots are and the more difficult they become.

It is worth nothing here that my game crashed on my way to the 9 win streak. However it didnt reset. After testing it seems that you can hard disconnect (PS button -> close game) and it won't reset your streak. I found this game to be easy enough, but if you are having a hard time with this particular trophy. Then this could be your way out.

At first I tried boosting it with an alt, but after 2 matches I didnt seem to be able to connect to it anymore. So Idk what is up with that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

How many players need to boost this? 

Actually you do not need anybody. Bots will fill the empty slots. But of course 4 Players is always better since bots can be annoying and they keep attacking and with other Players you could just chill working on passes / interceptions.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Actually you do not need anybody. Bots will fill the empty slots. But of course 4 Players is always better since bots can be annoying and they keep attacking and with other Players you could just chill working on passes / interceptions.

Imo, if you're going for the 100 Blitz wins, it's quicker to do it solo. If you have multiple people then you would each need to get 100 wins, thus taking everyone twice as long, as you would be trading wins (and it's highly unlikely someone is just going to spend 8+ hours of their time helping you from the kindness of their heart). Passes and interceptions will come naturally on the way to 100 wins (I got 50 passes within a couple of matches and am close with interceptions, and am only approaching 35 wins so far). Although, playing with multiple people may be more fun if playing naturally, after knocking out passes and interceptions, it would just be one person standing around for about 7 minutes per game every time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyvnyde said:

Imo, if you're going for the 100 Blitz wins, it's quicker to do it solo. If you have multiple people then you would each need to get 100 wins, thus taking everyone twice as long, as you would be trading wins (and it's highly unlikely someone is just going to spend 8+ hours of their time helping you from the kindness of their heart). Passes and interceptions will come naturally on the way to 100 wins (I got 50 passes within a couple of matches and am close with interceptions, and am only approaching 35 wins so far). Although, playing with multiple people may be more fun if playing naturally, after knocking out passes and interceptions, it would just be one person standing around for about 7 minutes per game every time.

Yep, you are right.

I am playing against my alt. + 1 bot vs me + 1 bot :P, so it is super easy. Just afraid that I will not get the interceptions that way, but maybe I will simply boost them later with somebody :P.

Started some minutes ago, got 6 wins streak so far.

Btw guys! Yesterday this title had 12 URs, today only 7. Soon the plat will be above 5%, c;mon, you broke it :P.

:P:P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Btw! Is there any difference between:

Knock out 100 OPPONENTS

and

Knock out 100 PLAYERS with HyperForce?...

Both can be done with bots or PLAYERS shall be human players? 

I believe knocking out 100 opponents refers to punching and kicking them (with cross or circle).

Knocking out 100 players with HyperForce refers to being in HyperForce mode (by pressing L1) and then punching and kicking them.

Players refers to bots, as well as real people (which is a real bonus).

Edited by Cyvnyde
Correction

5 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

Players refers to bots, as well as real people (which is a real bonus).

Yeah, the methods are totally clear just wanted to ensure that PLAYERS K.O.s are also not tied to online mode.

Btw: Triangle is for passing the ball ;). You meant cross and circle.

Edited by Smashero

10 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Just to be sure: interception is when my team catches the ball passed with TRIANGLE by enemy team?...

I got the trophy when I was goalkeeping. It also seems more like the actual requirement since there is a advanced challenge called interception which requires to goalkeep pretty much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I got the trophy when I was goalkeeping. It also seems more like the actual requirement since there is a advanced challenge called interception which requires to goalkeep pretty much.

That's a great tip, thanks! Will try it now, since I am not able to do it with two controllers with two crazy bots running around all the time :D.

Question for people going for the Platinum for this: Would it be easier to do the campaign trophies first (Cosmic/Galaxy Cup stuff) than to dive straight into online trophies? Seeing the comment about AI becoming harder the higher the level you are has me wondering.

Also is there any idle timer? I have 4 consoles (2 PS4s and 2 PS5s - yes I know) so I literally could load the game on all 4 and probably have an easier time with interceptions and not dealing with AI.