Service will be cut-off by February 28, 2023

Tetho_mig

https://hanging-garden.babylonsfall.com/news/pages/63034abc74473009630079?lang=en-gb

Greetings Sentinel Force,

Thank you very much for playing BABYLON'S FALL.

With the desire of delivering an exhilarating online multiplayer action RPG set in an elaborate high fantasy world, we launched the game’s official service on Thursday, 3 March 2022, and have continued to undertake additional development and operations. However, it is with deep regret to inform you that we will be terminating the game’s service on Tuesday, 28 February 2023.

As a result, we will also cancel the large-scale updates that we had planned. In terms of the plan moving forward, Season 2 will run until Tuesday, 29 November 2022 as scheduled, and the Final Season will begin with the maintenance scheduled on the same day. This Final Season is the period during which you can earn the ranking rewards of Season 2.

As a way of expressing our gratitude to all our players, we plan to implement as many events and other initiatives as we can, leading up to the end of the service.

Edited by Tetho_mig
Wrong date
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoolXIV said:

Genshin Impact earned over 3 billion dollars and has 15:1 profit/budget ratio. How is this a bad business model? Don't blame the model, blame bad games.

Yeah. If a company hits it big, they can earn insane amounts of money from a single games-as-a-service product. A lot more money than if they released a bunch of good selling single player games (unfortunately). 

As for this game, I am not surprised. The prerelease buzz was already pretty bad with lots of people criticizing the graphics and gameplay. Add the fact that this was a full price game that was still loaded with microtransactions and it didn't really stand a chance.

31 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Does anyone know how long this game takes? Barely anyone has played it. There's a guide on Powerpyx but it's not all that detailed. It says 25-35 hours to platinum depending on if you play with others. Is that accurate at all?

My counter says 38 hours. I had to play through the season 2 content to access the late game siege dungeons, which I think I needed to complete to get mats so I could upgrade my equipment, which is a trophy.

There’s not much documentation on the game past launch. I’m still in the past 50 players on this site who got the plat trophy and I got it in July, so there really isn’t many people playing this game lol.