Abby_TheLastofUs

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (PS4|PS5)

19 posts in this topic

Glad to see this coming. And hope KT will make a sequel of this franchise.

Niceeee. I hope KT can remaster classic PS2 trilogy and Deep Crimson Butterfly too.

So both Maiden of Black Water and Mask of The Lunar Eclipse are coming to PS5. I hope they will both have physical editions.

13 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Maiden of Black Water

was released already last year, lol

physical edition is available only in Asia

INdHC9b.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
photo added

Holy shit, I played the fan patched version of the Wii release almost a decade ago. Never in a million years did I think this would get an official English release, and on PlayStation of all platforms. 

I hope this time players will able to complete the Ghost List 100%. In Wii version, one ghost doesn't register, thus the list can't be completed legit. For more info:

Unforgettable Horror

■What is 「FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse」
「FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse」was released in 2008 for Wii as the fourth title in the series of 「FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO.」Following the remasterization of 「FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Maiden of Black Water」, the masterpiece of the 「FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO」series will be brought to life again with upgraded graphics.

■About the Game
「FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse」 is the traditional Japanese horror adventure game. As the girls explore the western-style mansions and abandoned hospitals on Rōgetsu Isle, they will rely on the moonlight and a faint flashlight to search for clues. The story progresses by discovering relics like old newspaper articles and notes that help the girls unravel the island’s secret past. While exploring, the girls will also be confronted by a series of spirits. They will need to use a Fatal Frame franchise classic, the Camera Obscura, to repel vengeful ghosts, sealing away their power by photographing them. Throughout the game, the girls will need to equip stronger lenses and change out different films in order to capture the most powerful spirits, while also using the camera to capture “things that cannot be seen” to help them find the evidence they need to remember their haunting past.

Camera Obscura
An old camera with the ability to repel vengeful ghosts and seal away their power by photographing them.
Equip stronger lenses and change out different films to capture even more powerful photos.

Exploring Rōgetsu Island
Explore the dimly lit Western-style mansions and abandoned hospitals on the island by relying on the moonlight and the faint light of a flashlight.
The story progresses by "touching"places that may call your attention.
From past newspaper articles and notes, you will discover about the past in which abominable incidents happened and unravel the lost memories of the protagonist, and find the truth.

■Features
New Photo Mode

Pose characters and ghosts, place them freely for haunting memories in the newly added photo mode;
Perhaps even take an unexpected spirit photo by accident...

New Costumes
The original lineup of costumes has been slightly altered, and new costumes have been added.
Change the characters' costumes to experience the investigation in different ways.

Improved graphics
This title has improved its graphics for each platform. The rendering of shadows and light of the flashlight has been improved to make it more realistic, so that you can experience a more realistic horror. In addition, in-game movies and character models have been brushed up to make the story and characters more appealing.

4Ykxd86.jpg

Jw2oU9e.jpg

4pl6cJx.jpg

daGwXfZ.jpg

5TJGAwB.jpg

AjH8YCz.jpg

V7NXaEa.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT

This is the only game in the franchise that I didn't play. Awesome!

2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

was released already last year, lol

physical edition is available only in Asia

INdHC9b.jpg

Not just Asia, I have an English version, US region I think, physical copy.

Hell yeah! 

The last good Fatal Frame is finally being properly released in the west. Sure, I've already pirated it and played it a decade ago, but so nice to see an official port. 

I'll definitely get it. Still don't know about getting 5's port, tho, that one sucks. Maybe if they release Project Zero, Crimson Butterfly and The Tormented for the PS4 I'd be tempted to suffer through 5 again just for completion's sake. 

Also, this is excellent news for veterans but for newcomers this isn't good imo. 

Newcomers are either playing the franchise in reverse order or waiting for P0/CB/TT to be ported first, which will lead to low sales and to the studios to believe that porting the OG trilogy isn't "worth it". 

Anyways, I just hope that one day I will be able to platinum the entire franchise. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie

Very nice! I'm glad to see more Fatal Frame games make their way to modern PlayStation consoles, and one that's never been released outside of Japan no less. I imported an Asian physical copy of Maiden of Black Water and will likely do the same with this one assuming it's the same deal this time around. It looks really pretty going off the screenshots in a post above. Much better than I would expect from a Wii game from 2008.

2 hours ago, vitis705 said:

Not just Asia, I have an English version, US region I think, physical copy.

The physical edition was never released in EU/USA. But an English version has been released as a physical product for import.

- Japanese Edition with English

- Asian (Hong Kong) Edition with English

- Chinese Edition with English

That's all.

Why Doesn’t Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water Have a Physical Release in North America?

https://www.nintendo.destructoid.com/why-doesnt-fatal-frame-maiden-of-black-water-have-a-physical-release-in-north-america/

10 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

The physical edition was never released in EU/USA. But an English version has been released as a physical product for import.

- Japanese Edition with English

- Asian (Hong Kong) Edition with English

- Chinese Edition with English

That's all.

Why Doesn’t Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water Have a Physical Release in North America?

https://www.nintendo.destructoid.com/why-doesnt-fatal-frame-maiden-of-black-water-have-a-physical-release-in-north-america/

Ok, that makes sense, I got it from one of my usual suppliers, they must have imported it. I guessed it was a US release at it has 'US$39.99' in the bottom corner of the case but nothing else about regions.

Is very nice to see Project Zero/Fatal Frame make comeback, sadly no physical edition again. Definitely  will be played in the future along with "Maiden of Black Water".

this is so awesome. I LOVE Horror games the FAtal Frame series (of what Ive palyed) is so good at that. I know people werent to hot on V but I think I heard good things about this one? Wild times right meow.

Release Date: March 9, 2023

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT