Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Final Bar Line Feb 16th 2023

DEI2EK

I am crazy hype for this. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get this on PS4 or Switch just yet though - the PlayStation ecosystem has trophies, but the Switch wins in portability now that Vita isn't an option (RIP).

I'd get both if DLC purchases carried over between systems, but since that probably won't be the case I have a tough choice ahead of me. 

8 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

I absolutely love Theatrhythm but really curious how it will feel to play on PS4 since I only ever played with the touch screen and stylus on 3DS.

8 hours ago, GuitaristZag said:

Probably fairly similar, if not basically identical to Melody of Memory, which I thought was pretty intuitive and worked well. 

3 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Theatrhythm was really cool on the 3ds, I don't know how it will work on consoles but it's always good news. I always thought this and the Tactics series were forgotten by Square, maybe it's time...?

Here's how I believe the game will work in the home versions (dual analog+triggers/shoulder buttons). Take note of the controller display on the right side of the screen during gameplay. I recorded and uploaded just a moment ago.

• Like 1

My only fear is that this will be chopped to pieces and doled out in DLC-sized chunks. 

But I'm excited nonetheless. I was stoked to play KH tunes in a rhythm game, and FF tunes are just as nice. Hearing the boss theme from FFVI in one of the trailers shows it's not just tunes from later games. Here's hoping my favorite boss tune of all makes the cut:

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

My only fear is that this will be chopped to pieces and doled out in DLC-sized chunks. 

But I'm excited nonetheless. I was stoked to play KH tunes in a rhythm game, and FF tunes are just as nice. Hearing the boss theme from FFVI in one of the trailers shows it's not just tunes from later games. Here's hoping my favorite boss tune of all makes the cut:

They already announced price and DLC details, here they are in case anyone's curious:

Physical and Digital Standard Editions(385 songs):
 - $49.99
 - 385 base songs

Digital Deluxe(442 songs):
 - $79.99
 - 385 base songs
 - 27 Deluxe Exclusive songs
 - 30 DLC songs(Season Pass 1)

Premium Digital Deluxe(502 songs):
 - $99.99
 - 385 base songs
 - 27 Deluxe Exclusive songs
 - 90 DLC songs(Season Passes 1, 2, and 3)

DLC will likely be music from titles outside of Final Fantasy or from arrange albums and the like. For reference, the arcade release, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: All-Star Carnival, had around 320 songs total in it's final update, so this is actually a LOT of music in the base game alone.

Take note that the physical release will NOT receive the 27 Deluxe Exclusive songs! Digital deluxe option is the only way possible to have the complete experience.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Here is a full list of every track in the game

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/13306-theatrhythm-final-bar-line-song-list-all-included-digital-deluxe-dlc-tracks

• Like 1

Hmmm. Disappointing. I can understand Battle Scene B not being included; it wasn't part of the original release of FF2 if I recall correctly.

But no Pervert for Final Fantasy Tactics? That's the main boss theme!

I am happy to see the Mystic Quest tunes; that has one of the best soundtracks of any of the FF titles.

• 4 months later...

Just played the demo. After playing Melody of Memory, this game feels... like the same formula with gimmicky elements added. If the platinum requires to play ALL songs, it will be a hell of a ride ngl. I would love to set all the songs with the upside down scrolling so I can just play with a DJMAX style grip, but oh well... I'll wait for a sale. It's sad Chrono Cross only got 2 tracks.