PS4 RPG You should look out for !

ridwaano

216 members have voted

1. 1. What Rpg game a you looking forward too?

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Kingdom Hearts 3
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition (3)
    • The Elder Scrolls Online
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Deep Down - PS4
    • Child of Light
    • Everquest Next
    • Lord of the Fallen
    • Bound by Flame
    • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • Tom Clancy's The Division
    • Transistor
    • Mass Effect 4
    • kingdom come deliverance
    • Fallout 4
    • Elder scrolls VI
    • Game Of Trone Made By Telltale Games
    • destiny
    • Other games then on the list

If you want to try some new rpg's, why not give Dragons Dogma or Dark Souls a go? If you're interested in Japanese rpg's, the tales series are very good and personally I'm a big fan of Eternal Sonata.

I did play Dragon's Dogma and KoA:Reckoning since they both came to plus. The combat was more fun than DA2 but the story/characters were less fun/interesting. Dragon's Dogma is probably my second fav RPG that I've played on PS3 tho, it's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind trying one of the Dark Souls games at some point but the big time commitment of these games can be a bit of a turn off so I have to pick and choose a bit.

I did play Dragon's Dogma and KoA:Reckoning since they both came to plus. The combat was more fun than DA2 but the story/characters were less fun/interesting. Dragon's Dogma is probably my second fav RPG that I've played on PS3 tho, it's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind trying one of the Dark Souls games at some point but the big time commitment of these games can be a bit of a turn off so I have to pick and choose a bit.

Yesh Demon's Souls my favourite PS3 game, go play it when you have time!

I LOVE your avatar, Rocksteady and Bebop are my heroes :D

• Like 1

Simply looking forward to Witcher 3 (which I will firmly put aside shortly after starting, because I don't feel like remembering Polish), as well as the PS4 full release of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Everything following that is just circumstantial. Maybe Diablo III as well -- but that won't make much of a difference until the expansion hits.

Simply looking forward to Witcher 3 (which I will firmly put aside shortly after starting, because I don't feel like remembering Polish), as well as the PS4 full release of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Everything following that is just circumstantial. Maybe Diablo III as well -- but that won't make much of a difference until the expansion hits.

Pretty sure it ships with expansion on ps4

Final Fantasy XV, I'm very interested in how this one is going to be compared to the last 3 XIII games they've released.

I'm also interested in Kingdom Hearts 3 as well, I've been waiting for that game for almost 9 years now but I think it's going to be 10 before it's out...

wow look! kingdom heart 3 is winning!

i believe the witcher isn't so popular among playstation users. well blame the developers on not releasing the witcher 2 on ps3 as well, since the xbox 360 already have it.

also people are afraid that FFXV will flop with all these development time it takes where it started as a ps3 exclusive in 2008 and now it's ended up as a ps4 XBONE game coming in 2015...well maybe.

i'll update this comment later in case another game will past the number of votes KH3 got so it won't miss lead anyone with the KH3 winning.

Since when is fallout and mass effect not an rpg? What is it then...

Then The Witcher is a hack n slash game? Fuck logic.

Mass Effect is a third person shooter with rpg elements. Does that make it a typical rpg? No not at all. You can strip the rpg parts out of ME but you can't take away the shooting elements, else you won't have any gameplay left. If Fallout is a rpg, does that mean we can compare it to the next Final Fantasy?

Hack and slash games are titles like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. You cannot compare these titles to The Witcher or Dark Souls. Action-RPG's are not a subcategory of RPGs, its an entire genre on its own.

Just because you have a skill tree in Borderlands doesn't automatically make it a RPG game. I find it surprising how easily people label games as a RPG nowadays.

• Like 1

Out of everything officially announced so far, I'm looking forward to Child of Light the most...I still need to begin playing the Dragon Age and Fallout series'. Bound by Flame comes in a close second.

Fallout and Mass Effect are not rpgs people, neither are Destiny and Tom Clancy :facepalm:

Mass Effect is more of a hybrid of a TPS and RPG, but has enough elements of the latter for it to be properly categorized as such. ME 2 is a bit questionable but the rest, especially the first game, definately has enough RPG elements to separate it from being just a shooter.

I don't have much experience with the Fallout series but from what I've seen, the stat building, open world environments, and more complex mechanics...its more than just a FPS (especially since you can switch perspectives). Again, those features I listed are synonymous to (but not limited to) most games accurately categorized as RPGs.

Yesh Demon's Souls my favourite PS3 game, go play it when you have time!

Do you consider Demon's Souls a RPG? Because I still don't understand why its considered one as it lacks almost all the common elements of the genre.

Edited by merciful84

Out of everything officially announced so far, I'm looking forward to Child of Light the most...I still need to begin playing the Dragon Age and Fallout series'. Bound by Flame comes in a close second.

Mass Effect is more of a hybrid of a TPS and RPG, but has enough elements of the latter for it to be properly categorized as such. ME 2 is a bit questionable but the rest, especially the first game, definately has enough RPG elements to separate it from being just a shooter.

I don't have much experience with the Fallout series but from what I've seen, the stat building, open world environments, and more complex mechanics...its more than just a FPS (especially since you can switch perspectives). Again, those features I listed are synonymous to (but not limited to) most games accurately categorized as RPGs.

Do you consider Demon's Souls a RPG? Because I still don't understand why its considered one as it lacks almost all the common elements of the genre.

As stated in my post Dark Souls belongs to the category action-rpg, same goes for Fallout. There is no clear definition of the word action in here, action merely describes the type of gameplay we are dealing with. Whether that's FPS action like in Fallout, whether that be third person shooter action like in ME or if we're talking about hack and slash type of gameplay like Demon's Souls or Dragon's Dogma, its not the same as your traditional rpg. There are genres and then we have sub-categories in it's genre.

• Like 1

Mass Effect is a third person shooter with rpg elements. Does that make it a typical rpg? No not at all. You can strip the rpg parts out of ME but you can't take away the shooting elements, else you won't have any gameplay left. If Fallout is a rpg, does that mean we can compare it to the next Final Fantasy?

Hack and slash games are titles like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. You cannot compare these titles to The Witcher or Dark Souls. Action-RPG's are not a subcategory of RPGs, its an entire genre on its own.

Just because you have a skill tree in Borderlands doesn't automatically make it a RPG game. I find it surprising how easily people label games as a RPG nowadays.

I totally agree. But...

How the hell is Fallout not an RPG? If Fallout was just a normal shooter, no one would've bought it, because its appeal is definitely not the shooting. Heck even most of your accuracy depends on your Weapons skill, not your twitch shooting skills, PLEASE explain how that is not an RPG?

Destiny and Borderlands devs never said they're RPGs, so yeah.

And ofcourse I didn't mean The Witcher is a hack n slash game, I was being sarcastic.

Now you can Deleted you Vote and Re-pick more then one if you want to !! (Made a mistake X( )

tumblr_mf379psSbc1ru37ot.gif

What is ES VI?

The next Elder scroll game? (6) since skyrim was 5

There should be an option to vote for more than one game. I am waiting for Dragon Age 3, Lord of the Fallen, Deep Down, and Witcher!

Well M8 There is now !!! Delet you vote and repick the picks

Final Fantasy XV. I just want to note that Morrigan looks creepy as hell trying to smile in that picture. 

Could not Agree more, !! Want to end that BIIIIIII who is a Fetal abduction!!!!!!