Weekly Challenge

Overthrown_SE

I did complete 3 out of the 4 last weekly challenges to unlock those loop crowns.

But the current weekly (melting, starting with nuke launcher and crown of blood) is pretty harsh.

Did anyone try or even complete the challenge already?

Was looking for a video of someone but couldn’t find anything.

Just curious which Mutation and weapon choices are somewhat working.

In one of the first tries I could manage to get to 5-3 but Lil Hunter killed me.

I got to 7-2 and died lol... Don't remember much about the run but I opted into Boiling Veins first mutation since the fucking nuke launcher isn't very nuanced in its distinction between enemies killed and myself killed. Then I went Strong Spirit and after that it's whatever. Rhino Skin shows up at some point, Laser Brain for a lucky laser weapon drop somewhere along the way, Rabbit Paw I think is one of the mutations at some point, and I think Scarier Face is at like Level 9

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

Finally managed to complete it yesterday.

Didn’t try looping at all, so I just went directly for the throne with super crossbow (dropping in 3-2 when skipping some of the previous weapon chests) and lightning hammer (random drop in 7-1).

After some time I was always going for rhino skin first and ignored boiling veins and I threw away the nuke launcher in the scrapyards.

The run I succeeded I actually took some different mutations than on the tries before.

I went with second stomach (which was actually helpful) and because of the different choices I got long arms on lvl 7 which also helped a lot later.

In my opinion the challenge gets easier after you pass lil hunter (like basically the whole game…). 6-1 is easy with brain capacity as you are able to blow up the exploding plants without the need to damage them first.

Then the most dangerous thing left imo are the cops in 7-1…

I had the same scenario.

On one of the first tries I managed to get to lil hunter directly without big problems. Then on the next like 20 tries I couldn’t even do the scrapyard consistently.

On the day before I could beat it I got a try with assault slugger and super splinter gun and thought I am fine. Few seconds later a robot skated me to death out of nowhere.

I think the random weapon drops and the movement of the enemies are two big things to consider. Those two things can just change the whole run.

Good luck if you go for further tries!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...