Can't connect to PSN on PS tv

dmsleight

I have been trying to get on PSN for a couple of days now.  I get the QR code message, so I go to the website, get the pw and put it in the pstv.  After a quick second of loading it brings up the same message to setup a password.  I have revoked all devices and tried again many times.  I contacted sony and she had me reset my psn password and we tried again, but same result.  The girl told me to try again in 24 hours.  Don't see that fixing anything. I had just updated my device before this trouble.  Relatedly, I don't have the option to auto signin, so I will probably have this trouble every time I boot this device?  Of course, I can't get it to work now, so maybe no next this time or next time...

Is my pstv a paper weight now?  I can't download games or update my trophies....

1 hour ago, dmsleight said:

I have been trying to get on PSN for a couple of days now.  I get the QR code message, so I go to the website, get the pw and put it in the pstv.  After a quick second of loading it brings up the same message to setup a password.  I have revoked all devices and tried again many times.  I contacted sony and she had me reset my psn password and we tried again, but same result.  The girl told me to try again in 24 hours.  Don't see that fixing anything. I had just updated my device before this trouble.  Relatedly, I don't have the option to auto signin, so I will probably have this trouble every time I boot this device?  Of course, I can't get it to work now, so maybe no next this time or next time...

Is my pstv a paper weight now?  I can't download games or update my trophies....

Last time I was having a problem signing in to PSN from my PS TV after the system password requirement change, after trying 3-4 times to put in the correct password, I shut down and unplugged my PS TV then booted it back up and tried again and it worked. 

13 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Last time I was having a problem signing in to PSN from my PS TV after the system password requirement change, after trying 3-4 times to put in the correct password, I shut down and unplugged my PS TV then booted it back up and tried again and it worked. 

Thanks, but it didn't work for me.

Do you get the auto signin option on your PS TV?

On 9/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, DaivRules said:

I left it unplugged for a day or 2 and now it is working again.  Thanks!

I sync my trophies that I got while it was on the fritz and they have no time stamp... So am I gunna get flagged?

1 minute ago, dmsleight said:

I left it unplugged for a day or 2 and now it is working again.  Thanks!

I sync my trophies that I got while it was on the fritz and they have no time stamp... So am I gunna get flagged?

Congrats!

No, you won't get flagged. That just means you earned trophies without having the clock synced first. Every time the PS TV loses power, it needs to be reconnected to PSN to sync the clock before earning trophies since it has no internal battery to keep time.