Hint appreciation

Kiwicrash

Can we take a moment to appreciate the hint option with the collectables? The hints show the number of collectables left and they show you were they are all in order which is a great tool. I don't need to use a video guide as the hints are perfect. More games need to step up and be this good.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Kiwicrash said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate the hint option with the collectables? The hints show the number of collectables left and they show you were they are all in order which is a great tool. I don't need to use a video guide as the hints are perfect. More games need to step up and be this good.

I've told others there is no need to go looking up guides. The hints and activity cards will lead you to the platinum. They are so useful. 

• 4 months later...

Just about to start this game.  Already playex through other version multiple times.  So, I'd love to just play through this new one finidng what I find along the way.

From what you guys are saying those new hints card on the PS5 will essentially guide me to anything I miss so I don't have to play through while looking at a guide? Because I hate doing that. 

On 1/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, adverse_event said:

Just about to start this game.  Already playex through other version multiple times.  So, I'd love to just play through this new one finidng what I find along the way.

From what you guys are saying those new hints card on the PS5 will essentially guide me to anything I miss so I don't have to play through while looking at a guide? Because I hate doing that. 

Exactly, you can just check the cards and it'll have all the videos of where to go and what to do so no need to be looking up a guide.

Edited by Kiwicrash

7 hours ago, Kiwicrash said:

Exactly, you can just check the cards and it'll have all the videos of where to go and what to do so not need to be looking up a guide.

Absolutely amazing! I can just fully focus on enjoying playing the game.  Love Naughty Dog games but alway thought their insane collectible counts with the conversations stunk, this at least helps with that. 

Thank you. 

• 2 months later...

Yeah, this is an incredibly useful and well implemented system. I mean it literally tells you the location of every collectible thing in each chapter, in order, with videos so you can either check periodically as you play or go back using chapter select and to see which ones you missed afterwards. So much better than relying on YouTube videos and collectible guides. More games need to use this feature in this way.