Nightrunner challenge 3 problems

RockyJokerPL

Hi, had issues with finishing the game after the first community update. They fixed that in the latest patch so I wanted to get True Nightrunner. 

I encountered an issue with the third challenge. Specifically - I cannot equip the grappling hook. First few times I thought I was doing something wrong so I turned to YT (the abundant gaming guides trove) and noticed I have to use the hook. But I can't. 

Can anyone check if it's just my problem or did they screw something up yet again? 

Thanks in advance :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RockyJokerPL said:

Hi, had issues with finishing the game after the first community update. They fixed that in the latest patch so I wanted to get True Nightrunner. 

I encountered an issue with the third challenge. Specifically - I cannot equip the grappling hook. First few times I thought I was doing something wrong so I turned to YT (the abundant gaming guides trove) and noticed I have to use the hook. But I can't. 

Can anyone check if it's just my problem or did they screw something up yet again? 

Thanks in advance :)

Lol same here. It's after newest update tho. Probably gonna need to wait again for the new patch. Infact, i nearly pulled it with paraglider, but the 4th and 5th checkpoints are killers ..

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, manotelikas said:

Lol same here. It's after newest update tho. Probably gonna need to wait again for the new patch. Infact, i nearly pulled it with paraglider, but the 4th and 5th checkpoints are killers ..

Sorry to hear you have the same problem. But I'm kinda relieved that it's not my save file and they f'd it up once again. Thank you for your answer :)

Not much to do now but rubberband my joysticks and do ultramarathon while we wait for the patch. 

• Like 2

I can confirm that I completed Nighrunner Trial III 2 days ago, after update 1.6, and I got the trophy.

It can be quite challeging but it's possible to finish it without the grappling hook.

I already suspected something wasn't right because I remembered using the hook on this trial when i did it on PS4 7 months ago. ?

18 hours ago, Radford999 said:

It’s a joke. It’s been sitting on my shelf since Feb. Waiting for them to fix this trophy ?

From what I've read it pops for some players. So if you're feeling lucky you could always try and get it. But I do understand where you're coming from. Seeing how they fix one thing and break another you may never see the day when everything will work as it should. I believe that some things are still glitchy in the first Dying Light.

Edited by RockyJokerPL
Typo

On 17.09.2022 at 5:57 AM, riverrun_PT said:

I can confirm that I completed Nighrunner Trial III 2 days ago, after update 1.6, and I got the trophy.

It can be quite challeging but it's possible to finish it without the grappling hook.

I already suspected something wasn't right because I remembered using the hook on this trial when i did it on PS4 7 months ago. 1f914.png

I can confirm, that completed nightrunner trial 3 today without grappling hook, and there is no trophy. So it’s still bugged and not fixed.

omg what a buggy game

The trophy is buggy but not 100% bugged. It's the grappling hook that seems to be 100% bugged for everyone.

What I think would be an helpful exercise is to understand why that still happens even after the last 2 big updates, the Community Update 1.5 (23/08) and Update 1.6 (13/09) that supposedly fixed hundreds of bugs, including some related to trophies.

I noticed that everyone complaining about this trophy being bugged is likely playing on an old save file. So one could theorize that probably this wouldn't happen after these last 2 big updates in a new save file. This theory could be debunked if anyone playing in that condition reports here the trophy still being bugged.

• Like 1

On 26.09.2022 at 9:04 PM, riverrun_PT said:

The trophy is buggy but not 100% bugged. It's the grappling hook that seems to be 100% bugged for everyone.

What I think would be an helpful exercise is to understand why that still happens even after the last 2 big updates, the Community Update 1.5 (23/08) and Update 1.6 (13/09) that supposedly fixed hundreds of bugs, including some related to trophies.

I noticed that everyone complaining about this trophy being bugged is likely playing on an old save file. So one could theorize that probably this wouldn't happen after these last 2 big updates in a new save file. This theory could be debunked if anyone playing in that condition reports here the trophy still being bugged.

I think better way is to wait for a patch. It will be boring to replay the game till new Villedor because of the trophy. 

Also I send a ticket to techland support. They should fix that in next updates

• Like 2

On 28/09/2022 at 11:10 AM, DireIvan said:

I think better way is to wait for a patch. It will be boring to replay the game till new Villedor because of the trophy. 

Also I send a ticket to techland support. They should fix that in next updates

Lol don’t bank on it. I’ve sent then several tickets to fix it. Some dating months back and all they say is that they are aware of the bug and plan to fix it. Well it’s been 6 months and it’s still not fixed ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Lol don’t bank on it. I’ve sent then several tickets to fix it. Some dating months back and all they say is that they are aware of the bug and plan to fix it. Well it’s been 6 months and it’s still not fixed 1f602.png

im with ya. i last played in june i think, and havent returned from frustration with true nightrunner issue

On 30.09.2022 at 4:42 PM, Radford999 said:

Lol don’t bank on it. I’ve sent then several tickets to fix it. Some dating months back and all they say is that they are aware of the bug and plan to fix it. Well it’s been 6 months and it’s still not fixed 1f602.png

they fixed municipal services, so we can wait for this.

and of course I don't want to spend time on this boring and buggy game. this is disappointment if compare it with 1st dying light.

I reached out to Techland today on Twitter and brought this problem to their attention. I will update when I hear from them.

Edit:

Got an answer from Techland.

"Hello, 

We are aware of the issue and working on the solution right now. Can't tell you exactly when we'll ship it tho. Thank you for reaching out!"

So probably it will be shipped with the release of the DLC.

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

On 05/10/2022 at 0:32 AM, RockyJokerPL said:

I reached out to Techland today on Twitter and brought this problem to their attention. I will update when I hear from them.

Edit:

"Hello, 

We are aware of the issue and working on the solution right now. Can't tell you exactly when we'll ship it tho. Thank you for reaching out!"

Thanks for keeping us posted. I've just come across this bug now as I'm working towards the platinum trophy. This sucks! Hopefully it's patched very soon.

• Like 1

So I only started playing recently, so I haven't done this challenge yet. But I was having issues with the first challenge. I was trying to get Gold and I kept falling short so I started thinking that I needed more Parkour upgrades. So when I got the upgrade for pressing L3 to get a speed burst, I figured I'd try it again as that should shave off some seconds if I used it right. But doing it again, the speed burst doesn't work during the challenge. I still ended up getting Gold though with only 3 seconds to spare...but I'm wondering now, seeing this thread, are ALL upgrades supposed to work during challenges...or did the recent update break them (including the grappling hook)?

I was recently messeged by a PSN user that provided me with advice that my help you. He basically told me to equip the hook by holding left on dpad and then pressing L2. I was skeptical at first because that's the way I used to equip it all game and in this challenge. I tried it again though.

So I noticed something. YOU CANNOT EQUIP THE HOOK WHILE THE COUNTDOWN TO START IS ON. You have to wait a bit when the timer starts ticking. You should then be able to use the hook. I did it yesterday and popped the trophy.

By the way - I do not know what causes this trophy to not pop as I have played this game since February and only got Municipal Services glitched (then fixed in a patch).

Good luck to everyone and please do let me know if the hook works for you.

Credit goes to @Tom-0304-. You probably saved some controllers and nerves of many gamers. Cheers friend ?

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 1

On 09/10/2022 at 3:27 AM, RockyJokerPL said:

I was recently messeged by a PSN user that provided me with advice that my help you. He basically told me to equip the hook by holding left on dpad and then pressing L2. I was skeptical at first because that's the way I used to equip it all game and in this challenge. I tried it again though.

So I noticed something. YOU CANNOT EQUIP THE HOOK WHILE THE COUNTDOWN TO START IS ON. You have to wait a bit when the timer starts ticking. You should then be able to use the hook. I did it yesterday and popped the trophy.

By the way - I do not know what causes this trophy to not pop as I have played this game since February and only got Municipal Services glitched (then fixed in a patch).

Credit goes to @Tom-0304-. You probably saved some controllers and nerves of many gamers. Cheers friend 1f600.png

It worked! Thanks so much! :)

• Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 2:32 PM, RockyJokerPL said:

Edit:

"Hello, 

I got the exact same reply 3 months ago ???

Edited by Radford999

On 08.10.2022 at 7:27 PM, RockyJokerPL said:

Credit goes to @Tom-0304-. You probably saved some controllers and nerves of many gamers. Cheers friend 1f600.png

it works only for those, who haven't completed 3rd challenge or for everyone who completed all challenges on bronze, but didn't have trophy?

On 08/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, RockyJokerPL said:

This worked a charm for me, managed to complete it.

Still didn't unlock the trophy though!

So that's now 6 glitched trophies for me, fingers crossed a patch manages to sort them all out!

Edited by CaptainPrizun