CFW users on PS3 leaderboards is getting worse (No response from CRT)

GUDGER666

It's actually fairly simple to spot new cheaters. Just go to a sports game and look at the recent achievers of an online trophy. You can easily spot a cheater by the gap between their timestamp and the rest of the legitimate players. Autoflagging for those kind of titles/trophies would help a lot.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 4

Just now, DaivRules said:

It's their entire role to remove illegitimate profiles from the leaderboards. Reports are just part of how they remove them.

As far as i was aware they only deal with reports. There's 1000s of illegitimate profiles, unless they get paid which i don't think they do i wouldn't expect them to be spending time doing this, it would be a full time job. 

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Damn... throwing the Cheater Removers under the bus. That's rough.

The system doesn't auto remove people who are flagged? Otherwise not sure what the cheater removers have to do with this, this is talking about an uptick in cheaters appearing. If they are appearing despite all that, why arent sports games auto flagged past their shut down date?

• Like 2

Just now, StanPortrBridges said:

The system doesn't auto remove people who are flagged? Otherwise not sure what the cheater removers have to do with this, this is talking about an uptick in cheaters appearing. If they are appearing despite all that, why arent sports games auto flagged past their shut down date?

When a report is created by a member, the Cheater Removers review it and approve it to turn into a flag, which yes automatically removes the profile from the leaderboards, or they don't approve it and the profile stays on.

Automatic profile scanning only scans for limited aspects and sports games past their shut down date are not part of that functionality and when improving automation to handle those scenarios was brought up, one of the Cheater Removers specifically said they didn't want more automation, they would rather have more people, which I'm pretty sure is how we got the 4th Cheater Remover added to the group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Duderino said:

It's actually fairly simple to spot new cheaters. Just go to a sports game and look at the recent achievers of an online trophy. You can easily spot a cheater by the gap between their timestamp and the rest of the legitimate players. Autoflagging for those kind of titles/trophies would help a lot.

I remember trying to earn an online trophy on UFC 2 that was related to you guessing who was going to win a real world UFC upcoming fight. Suddenly without previous notice EA stopped adding new events making the trophy unobtainable. People complained for like a year, EA fianlly gave in and updated an event that never expires. So there is a huge gap of people earning that trophy several times every day, then no one earning it for a year and the people who was able to earn it a year later.

Things like this happen all the time, where an update breaks a trophy only to be fixed down the road. It would be prettt crappy to be removed simply because of a gap taken as evidence of cheating. Only if that game is 100% online dead.

• Like 2

Is there a recommended list of highly targeted online trophies with shut down servers?

I'm asking because I don't mind setting a couple of bookmarks to those pages, opening them up every morning, and sending out reports to help clean up the leaderboards.

Based on other trophy sites I've visited, I think this site has the cleanest leaderboards which is amazing due to having millions of profiles.

Is there some kind of voluntary unofficial group like 'Cheater Patrol Team' that coordinates patrols?
In Wikipedia, they have something called 'Recent changes Patrol' where users can check for vandalism on one centralized page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Every week there's multiple CFW accounts on the PS3 leaderboard, as I've said before they nearly always have the same timeframe, lots of plats earned in 2013/14

Usually those are just same trophy lists copy-pasted via CFW, in 99% of cases you can see exactly same timestamps on couple profiles. Why such trophies and profiles couldn't be automatically removed from site, since they are keep coming with exactly same data and they are well known to CRT?

18 minutes ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Is there a recommended list of highly targeted online trophies with shut down servers?

Like:
https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/72-fifa-09/46-real-world-winner
https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1182-need-for-speed-the-run/37-king-for-a-day
https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/36-wipeout-hd/32-connected-1

Aaaand many more, but those are my favourite :D. 
(mentioned only PS3, it is way much more interesting to follow PSV unobtainale trophies :D).

• Like 4

I feel this is one of the reasons am slowing down with trophies but more it is due to how grindy games have become and the ones I really enjoy just become boring slogs due to grindy trophies or server shut downs and so on. Like I have to try and track down a ps3 controller that has the six axes to do some games I have in my backlog as my old ps3 controller is just not doing it anymore feel the six axe in that is broken or something not sure. As for the cheating side of it, it happens a lot and it has dummed down some of my drive to go for some games in terms of trophy hunting such as say the ones tied to some racing games I saw and one person I can't remember the name of who is giving away hacked gear in dablo 3 and 2.

50 minutes ago, StanPortrBridges said:

Well it is good the bots don't do that as sometimes like myself you might find a bug or glitch that can help you earn the trophies faster such as a dup glitch and so on like the ones I used a lot in 7 days to die when it came to dupping motorbike parts and vit pills

However call me playing devil's advent here but I feel earning trophies with that server trick thing on dead servers in my book should be made fine. As games like bulletstorm ps3 and little big planet karting and 1 and 2 is not going to have them servers back ever again and yeah I rather people earn them trophies in that manner than just popping it like it is nothing

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

When a report is created by a member, the Cheater Removers review it and approve it to turn into a flag, which yes automatically removes the profile from the leaderboards, or they don't approve it and the profile stays on.

Automatic profile scanning only scans for limited aspects and sports games past their shut down date are not part of that functionality and when improving automation to handle those scenarios was brought up, one of the Cheater Removers specifically said they didn't want more automation, they would rather have more people, which I'm pretty sure is how we got the 4th Cheater Remover added to the group.

Lol this is incredibly sad and adds a lot of unneeded work. How many Fifa and call of duty autopops need to happen before their automatically removed or whitelisted because the trophies are known to be borked? I swear feels like nothings changed sitewise in many years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

I'm asking because I don't mind setting a couple of bookmarks to those pages, opening them up every morning, and sending out reports to help clean up the leaderboards.

Based on other trophy sites I've visited, I think this site has the cleanest leaderboards which is amazing due to having millions of profiles.

Is there some kind of voluntary unofficial group like 'Cheater Patrol Team' that coordinates patrols?
In Wikipedia, they have something called 'Recent changes Patrol' where users can check for vandalism on one centralized page.

Husky created a crowd-sourced Unobtainable trophies thread with hundreds of trophies identified, but it's more forgiving about what it defines as "unobtainable" and doesn't categorize them so that some could be added to the automatic profile scans on updates. 

There are people who definitely hawk their favorite games every day for new cheaters, but I don't believe there's a coordinate effort.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Criso_93 said:

Things like this happen all the time, where an update breaks a trophy only to be fixed down the road. It would be prettt crappy to be removed simply because of a gap taken as evidence of cheating. Only if that game is 100% online dead.

I'm talking about the yearly roster updates, mainly FIFA.

Edited by El Duderino

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

But now I've noticed some people are removing these games making it difficult/time consuming to find clear illegitimate trophies, but again the trophies are still mostly earned in 2013/14 and end in 2014, there is a few that's been at the top of the leaderboards for a while now.

¿What do you mean by removing? If they are hiding the games that's good, so the cheated trophies don't appear on the entire site.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TriadThunder-X said:

Lets not mention long time psnp users who have clearly cheated, yet can't be reported or won't be removed.

You don't mean the guy with 2012 Uncharted: Golden Abyss trophies in the middle of 2020 games, do you? To this day, I still fail to see how that's possible Hg7n4cp.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SuperPatchZ7 said:

¿What do you mean by removing? If they are hiding the games that's good, so the cheated trophies don't appear on the entire site.

Removing games that have online trophies earned after server closure. Basically removing games that make them easy to flag, it's still a CFW profile but more time consuming to prove.