Online server shutting down Oct 3rd

shakie19

I'm not sure with the amount of time left if it'll be possible for me to complete the online trophies on DIRT Rally. The trophies where you have to finish in Top Tier of daily events may be a bit hard depending on how many people are still doing it (and the wonderful thing with lifers on the game driving the top 33.3% to an impossible reach). Monthly event requires a lot of caution to complete, so if you wreck the car, you're screwed.

Unless I'm just grossly underestimating my own abilities or how easy it is to do the daily events.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, J2VLegacy said:

I think for Circuit Trained & The Only Way Is Up are events that don’t appear as often. Took me some weeks for them to appear when I did them. This is not a lot of time to get these trophies unfortunately.  

Yeah, if they don't appear as often that may lean me towards not bothering. The last obtainers for Circuit Trained was on September 4th and last obtainer for The Way Is Up was September 13th. So the events may still be occurring but judging by the last obtainers, it's probably not a good idea to start now.

22 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Yeah, if they don't appear as often that may lean me towards not bothering. The last obtainers for Circuit Trained was on September 4th and last obtainer for The Way Is Up was September 13th. So the events may still be occurring but judging by the last obtainers, it's probably not a good idea to start now.

i ain´t home now but i´ll download the game and take a look but probably won´t be possible, i messaged some players here on PSNPROFILES, if i´ve some reply and understand better i´ll type here @POEman553 and hope that we can do all the MP trophies before the server closures.

5 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Christ these companies are getting worse and worse with these fucking deadlines. It really has been one busy shutdown season thus far and the fact it keeps getting added to it is very annoying.

It's going to get a lot worse over the next year or 2 as the PS3, Vita and Early PS4 games lose what's left of their already heavily depleted playerbases :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

1 hour ago, J2VLegacy said:

I think for Circuit Trained & The Only Way Is Up are events that don’t appear as often. Took me some weeks for them to appear when I did them. This is not a lot of time to get these trophies unfortunately.  

To add to this, these events keep cycling in and out but the worst one is probably the wager event for A Whole Lot of Cheddar trophy, same as the others but requires 100k bet for a one time chance at being top 33% in a random unknown track (which you can use an alt to find out the track name and practice offline, but still…), yeah definitely do not miss farming that cash for my attempts. 

The Wager trophy is by far the most difficult of the online ones that you have to do since you need 100k credits to even attempt it & the community has dedicated players which will fill up the majority of the top 33% of the leaderboard. The top 33% usually isn't a casual pace although this will depend on the player count so this could go either way, however there will only be a few Wager events now since on average it was one a week. It does depend on how far through the week that it will appear (one either side of the weekly reset), so it's best to assume there won't be too many coming.

The best advice for it is to find out the stage before you attempt it & give it a few hrs until you can estimate what time you need to be aiming for on the leaderboard. I think the daily reset was always sometime in the late morning UK GMT time. It's recommended to find out the stage & car combination beforehand to at least practice the stage to know it well. This can also be made harder or easier depending on your own preferences. The most important thing to remember here though is to back up your save first before you attempt the Wager event using the 100k credits & do as best you can aiming for the time that will be needed. If you think that you won't make it or you crash/retire then quit the game via XMB then download your save again & you will be able to try again. This other thing is to not cross the finish unless you are satisfied with the time you get as once you do then your time will be uploaded instantly, so you can basically attempt the trophy as many times as you want as long as you do this. I think I took 3-4 tries when I did this so hopefully the car is a decent one to use. I hope this helps anyone trying to do this. It's a decent game which is more challenging than most other racing games out there. Good Luck to all that will be going for this & hope this was helpful to anyone.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 4

If you care about your completion, don't start it. 

Yes it is possible but when I was doing it earlier this year, I couldnt just drive slowly and get safely to finish line in dailies. I had to push quite a bit. The player base was around 100-200 depending on the event.

Moreover you have to be lucky to get all events that are needed. Might be no problem if you start today but there might be an influx in players as well either making it easier to get in the top 33% or harder depending on what player type will be playing this game. I'd guess pro's will return one more time and trophy hunters to get the plat... and trophy hunters will loose out on that one..

TL;DR dont bother honestly. Unless you are very confident in your SIM-driving skills and dont mind RNG in getting the right events.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aodir said:

To add to this, these events keep cycling in and out but the worst one is probably the wager event for A Whole Lot of Cheddar trophy, same as the others but requires 100k bet for a one time chance at being top 33% in a random unknown track (which you can use an alt to find out the track name and practice offline, but still…), yeah definitely do not miss farming that cash for my attempts. 

That one too, I had to farm that for cash. These events for me required practice before attempting it. Unless very lucky on having these events show up before servers close, chances for these online trophies are not looking good. 

• Like 2