EDIT: Servers were scheduled to go down on 3rd of October 2022, still up at the moment

Smashero

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Killzone shutdowns from last month have nothing to with this. EA just don't give a shit in general, because they did the exact same thing last year with FUSE when that was shutdown without warning - there are many more cases of this across multiple developers/publishers so isn't exclusive to these two. Unless gaming EULAs are made legally enforceable, the 30 days notice part will only ever be mere "Guidelines" instead of actual rules so everyone should take this recent spate of closures to heart and focus on earning all the MP trophies they can in their backlogs, before more games get shutdown.

Well it should somehow be possible, it happens too often. I mean the agreement is already a legal document, and I'm sure if we breach it they would take legal action. Isn't there there anything that defends gaming rights? ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Killzone shutdowns from last month have nothing to with this. EA just don't give a shit in general, because they did the exact same thing last year with FUSE when that was shutdown without warning - there are many more cases of this across multiple developers/publishers so isn't exclusive to these two. Unless gaming EULAs are made legally enforceable, the 30 days notice part will only ever be mere "Guidelines" instead of actual rules so everyone should take this recent spate of closures to heart and focus on earning all the MP trophies they can in their backlogs, before more games get shutdown.

I can't remember the last time I saw a story campaign because I do so much online only boosting and playing. There's only so many hours in a day. And have to fit in things like sleep and at weekends work in that time. 

11 hours ago, Rejim said:

Ok so fucking servers didn't work, results couldn't upload for the monthly event and got me DNF to the final 4 stages....Fuck this shit! Pretty much done correct? This is retarded seriously, allow me to continue ffs

Servers not working good,yes. But when you see failed download data,just try few more times and it should work.

What time on the 3rd do you think the servers will be shut? One trophy wants you to complete two weekly events back-to-back (across two weeks).

We are now two weeks away from shutdown, and the refresh date just so happens to be the 3rd. I don't know if they'll be generous and keep the servers alive for most of the day or whether they'll be told to shut down as soon as possible.

All the DIRT Rally games (including DIRT 4) are games that shouldn't be rushed because otherwise I quickly becomes frustrating. If you haven't started the game yet, I wouldn't recommend to do so... For those trying to finish the game in time I can only suggest to drive as much as you can, you will get better eventually, also you will start to recognize certain track parts since they repeat themself after a while. 

57 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

The trophy Complete back to back Weekly Community Events is unobtainable because you can complete two weekly events, but the trophy will only pop after the 2nd weekly event has finished?

Correct, Sunday gone was the cut off day for that, so for new starters the platinum is now unobtainable on both games. 

On 21/09/2022 at 5:34 PM, quickfoozlle said:

But Sunday would work? I can finish the first weekly event now and the second on Sunday. Then, on Sunday, the 2nd October, I should get the trophy by accessing the event result?!

I do believe the reset on Dirt 4 is Mondays, so it would be on the 3rd, would depend on the time of shutdown (and even then, who knows - cause you need to go back to see the results once finished, it's not instant like Dirt Rally. Thing is, will you be able to enter the mode at all to check them?...)

8 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

That screenshot has been floating around for a week or so. Nothing changed last week on their service page. I can't imagine it would be that hard to remove if it was false information. I'd be cautiously optimistic. 

Totally agree with this one, it's EA we are talking about.

• Like 2