8 player lobby trophy

Snake2410

18 hours ago, Vergil said:

Lol . It happens :)

The guide on here is for the PS3 version and doesn't mention the change to the PS4 versions list so it's really an easy mistake lol.

That said I doubt I'll be able to platinum this.  I'm not as quick on the button presses as I used to be so the mission mode stuff is pretty much impossible for me.  Getting old sucks lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

The guide on here is for the PS3 version and doesn't mention the change to the PS4 versions list so it's really an easy mistake lol.

That said I doubt I'll be able to platinum this.  I'm not as quick on the button presses as I used to be so the mission mode stuff is pretty much impossible for me.  Getting old sucks lol.

Not sure how old you are but I managed tom do them recently and I'm 36 next year so perhaps there's hope for you yet :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Not sure how old you are but I managed tom do them recently and I'm 36 next year so perhaps there's hope for you yet :) 

42, going to be 43 in a month.  I played it and got Wolverine to mission 7 on my other account to see if I even wanted to put the time and practice into it. I can get close to finishing 7, but the last two moves I'm not fast enough or efficient enough to pull off right now.  Seeing the 8 - 10 combos are quite intimidating lol.

My hands also have a lot of  issues that I didn't have 5 - 10 years ago so games as fast as this aren't always doable for me anymore. I could handle the tutorial trophies in MK11 pretty easily, but these are way more advanced.  5 - 10 years ago I'm positive I could've pulled enough off to get the trophy, but at this point I don't think I could.  We'll see though, I may come back to it when I'm bored at some point and maybe it'll be different.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

42, going to be 43 in a month.  I played it and got Wolverine to mission 7 on my other account to see if I even wanted to put the time and practice into it. I can get close to finishing 7, but the last two moves I'm not fast enough or efficient enough to pull off right now.  Seeing the 8 - 10 combos are quite intimidating lol.

My hands also have a lot of  issues that I didn't have 5 - 10 years ago so games as fast as this aren't always doable for me anymore. I could handle the tutorial trophies in MK11 pretty easily, but these are way more advanced.  5 - 10 years ago I'm positive I could've pulled enough off to get the trophy, but at this point I don't think I could.  We'll see though, I may come back to it when I'm bored at some point and maybe it'll be different.

Since the game lacks a video demonstration of the combo being performed it's very difficult to understand what to do or it was for me at least. Other than the physical execution you need to pull the moves off the hardest part is remembering all of the inputs. I didn't think I was able to clear them but with persistence and perseverance I pulled it off. 

4 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

You're only two years older than me.  I'll be 41 in December.  Due to issues with your hands, I can understand.  Having said that, my old ass still beat most of these scrubs (ESPECIALLY on here) LOL  If you need advice on how to do certain combos, I can detail how to do them, as most videos on YouTube don't exactly tell you how to do them.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, Snake2410 said:

I think the guide also omits that the PS4 version includes those 2 characters who were DLC on PS3 and Vita. So in addition to lacking the 8P trophy, you are able to skip 20 missions from the “base” roster (though 480/500 is still a lot ngl).

If I remember correctly, it was situations like this being the reason a staff member didn’t agree with guides being automatically applied to display/link with all versions of a game?

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 1:57 AM, grimydawg___ said:

You're only two years older than me.  I'll be 41 in December.  Due to issues with your hands, I can understand.  Having said that, my old ass still beat most of these scrubs (ESPECIALLY on here) LOL  If you need advice on how to do certain combos, I can detail how to do them, as most videos on YouTube don't exactly tell you how to do them.

I appreciate the offers and encouragement!  The ones I've viewed or attempted I understand how to do them.  My fingers just don't move as fast as they need to for hitting the buttons.  It's disappointing but it's life. 

I also wonder if I would benefit from a six face button fight controller for PS4 because back in the day with X-Men Children of the Atom I played on a Sega Saturn and the 6 face button controller was how I could finish it on level 8 without losing a match with Wolverine. 

Playing on a PS5 controller the d-pad is 4 seperate buttons so quarter circle motions for special moves aren't as accurate for me and I dont know if I could get used to the analog stick, so a PS4 fight controller could also probably benefit me.  Not sure I want to throw out another $50 - $60 on another controller atm.  Just some things to think about if I decide to come back to it in a few weeks or months.

15 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I appreciate the offers and encouragement!  The ones I've viewed or attempted I understand how to do them.  My fingers just don't move as fast as they need to for hitting the buttons.  It's disappointing but it's life. 

I also wonder if I would benefit from a six face button fight controller for PS4 because back in the day with X-Men Children of the Atom I played on a Sega Saturn and the 6 face button controller was how I could finish it on level 8 without losing a match with Wolverine. 

Playing on a PS5 controller the d-pad is 4 seperate buttons so quarter circle motions for special moves aren't as accurate for me and I dont know if I could get used to the analog stick, so a PS4 fight controller could also probably benefit me.  Not sure I want to throw out another $50 - $60 on another controller atm.  Just some things to think about if I decide to come back to it in a few weeks or months.

I'm older than you and have also developed hand issues over the years. I think a fight stick would help greatly, especially if you have bigger hands. I'm still able to do these. I'm in the middle of building a leverless controller, so I have yet to see if they are easier than fight sticks. They seem easier on the hands. It'll definitely be better than those tiny ps3/4/5 controllers. So, either way you go, you can't go wrong with the upgrade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I'm older than you and have also developed hand issues over the years. I think a fight stick would help greatly, especially if you have bigger hands. I'm still able to do these. I'm in the middle of building a leverless controller, so I have yet to see if they are easier than fight sticks. They seem easier on the hands. It'll definitely be better than those tiny ps3/4/5 controllers. So, either way you go, you can't go wrong with the upgrade.

I don't want an arcade stick, just a controller with 6 face buttons and a connected d-pad.  They run like $30 to $60 bucks on Amazon from what I see. That's what I used to use when I was younger and it worked perfectly, I could pull off stuff like this with a little practice back then.  

My hands aren't big, it's just that when I was younger I was swinging a Keychain around and hit the side of my wrist near or on the tendon.  It wasn't a big deal at the time, but now it's started to effect my thumb so it makes fast thumb movements sometimes problematic, the tendon seezes up.   

Sticks like an arcade board has have always been more difficult for me to pull quarter circle type specials off.  

I'm not too concerned though, I'm playing on my alternate account and am going to hold off on actually going for the platinum on this one until I feel like I really want to put the effort into it.