Tips

I know this game isn't super popular, so I don't know how many people will actually read this, but I just wanted to give a bit of information about the game. The game is currently running off an early patch, so the janitor is currently more aggressive than he should be. You can't upload your autosaves in order to cheese hell mode like you can on PS4. That being said you can get the Faint Hello trophy a lot quicker because as soon as she spawns you can save the game then just keep reloading and encountering until you have reached 30. A later patch seemed to make it so you couldn't so this on PS4. One of the most helpful things you can do is in the new building you have the ability to despawn the janitor for a bit. When you have to go to the Music Appreciation room let yourself be killed by the ghost. When the game reloads the janitor won't be around until you beat the ghost letting you explore freeing to collect healing items and work on the light puzzle without having to sneak around. That's all I have for now. Honestly I'm probably going to wait until the game gets patched to allow to load auto saves before I go for the platinum. I can do hell mode, but I've already platinumed this game 3 times in the past and I don't really feel like having to legitimately do 10 full hell mode playthroughs to get the plat as 1 is already annoying enough.

Edited by duboiszack
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, duboiszack said:

I know this game isn't super popular, so I don't know how many people will actually read this, but I just wanted to give a bit of information about the game. The game is currently running off an early patch, so the janitor is currently more aggressive than he should be. You can't upload your autosaves in order to cheese hell mode like you can on PS4. That being said you can get the Faint Hello trophy a lot quicker because as soon as she spawns you can save the game then just keep reloading and encountering until you have reached 30. A later patch seemed to make it so you couldn't so this on PS4. One of the most helpful things you can do is in the new building you have the ability to despawn the janitor for a bit. When you have to go to the Music Appreciation room let yourself be killed by the ghost. When the game reloads the janitor won't be around until you beat the ghost letting you explore freeing to collect healing items and work on the light puzzle without having to sneak around. That's all I have for now. Honestly I'm probably going to wait until the game gets patched to allow to load auto saves before I go for the platinum. I can do hell mode, but I've already platinumed this game 3 times in the past and I don't really feel like having to legitimately do 10 full hell mode playthroughs to get the plat as 1 is already annoying enough.

Hi, thanks for the tips!  Just wondering if White Day on PS5 has any patches at all as of 9/16/2022, particularly the North American version.  I'm thinking of picking up the NA PS5 physical edition, but prob won't if the game had a day 1 patch or post-digital launch patch.

I believe the ability to load autosaves was introduced in an early patch on PS4. Since this version has only had one patch so far, maybe it hasn't been added yet or it's a glitch. I can do hell mode, but I don't really want to have to beat hell mode 10 full times for the platinum, so I will probably wait until more patches come out before I do more playthroughs. Right now the janitor is way more aggressive than he is on PS4 version.

Edited by duboiszack

Yea, the game really is in quite a state as of now. As funny as it is to see Ji-Min T-Posing whilst running; the no autosaves and constant bobbing when crouched as Ji-Min make the game fairly annoying to play at the moment. Haven't noticed much difference in how aggressive the janitor is though

• 3 weeks later...