Wondering if I should by this game on sale

DaTruthAboutCats

Improved and bugs free and absolutely fantastic game had so much fun the second time around. That’s from my run platinum’ing the PS5 version just a week or so ago. Granted game was buggy as hell when released getting the platinum back then was a nightmare due to crashes save corruption etc. if the PS5 version still buggy but I was lucky to get a clean run with the game not sure. Hopefully others can share their experience with the game post updates and patches. 

Edited by ZEE11W
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

Improved and bugs free and absolutely fantastic game had so much fun the second time around. That’s from my run platinum’ing the PS5 version just a week or so ago. Granted game was buggy as hell when released getting the platinum back then was a nightmare due to crashes save corruption etc. if the PS5 version still buggy but I was lucky to get a clean run with the game not sure. Hopefully others can share their experience with the game post updates and patches. 

I appreciate your input. I think I'll end up trying it out. I was stoked for this game initially. I at least wanna give it a shot.

If you like story driven games- yes. 

The biggest problem with Cyberpunk 2077 is that people expected futuristic GTA or Bethesda style game. Either mindless fun and carnage or very role-play-ish game where you actually roleplay as your character. 

It's heavily story and character focused game. And it's kinda like RDR2, everyone's Arthur may look and act different, but it's still his story. Same goes for CP2077's V :)

It's one of my favorite games ever made, and it was gutting to see the state it released in. Now it's fixed and the only thing gutting me is emotional damage from some of the storylines lol

• Like 3

Game is absolutely fine on PS5 now. They're occurrences where A.I. kind of breaks a little bit such as walking in weird places, A.I. pathways being wonky, and NPC placement being weird or floating. Other than that I've encountered virtually 0 bugs, hard/soft locks, or any other kind of glitch.

• Like 1

I didn't experience many bugs but I think the game is terrible, it's like 70 hours of really dull repetitive dialogue with not much inbetween.
Nothing is balanced, half the perks dont actually do anything and the ai is extremely basic. I don't think it's worth playing even if you got it for free.

There are SO many better story driven RPGs out there, this game is just a drag. If you go for the plat you'll probably end up hating it, it's extremely repetitive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArtMontef said:

If you like story driven games- yes. 

The biggest problem with Cyberpunk 2077 is that people expected futuristic GTA or Bethesda style game. Either mindless fun and carnage or very role-play-ish game where you actually roleplay as your character. 

It's heavily story and character focused game. And it's kinda like RDR2, everyone's Arthur may look and act different, but it's still his story. Same goes for CP2077's V :)

It's one of my favorite games ever made, and it was gutting to see the state it released in. Now it's fixed and the only thing gutting me is emotional damage from some of the storylines lol

That's was very well put. Honestly I really like RDR2 and I'm a big fan of retrowave aesthetics. So like you said, it was a bummer to see how it was released. But your reply actually makes me wanna buy it.

So thanks!

36 minutes ago, Deadvember said:

I didn't experience many bugs but I think the game is terrible, it's like 70 hours of really dull repetitive dialogue with not much inbetween.
Nothing is balanced, half the perks dont actually do anything and the ai is extremely basic. I don't think it's worth playing even if you got it for free.

There are SO many better story driven RPGs out there, this game is just a drag. If you go for the plat you'll probably end up hating it, it's extremely repetitive. 

Yea, I've heard this before with videos I've found. Repetition doesn't make me upset unless it's ridiculous (like something that shouldn't be as hard as it is). 

I think I still might try it just because of the aesthetic. 

I've played it like 3 months ago on PS5 and it was mostly fine. A minor glitch here and there, but of the "my car just parked 2 meters above the ground" variety, nothing game breaking. 2 crashes from what I remember. 

The game itself is good but nothing to write home about imo. But I didn't consider The Witcher 3 to be all that amazing either, so maybe I'm just not a fan of CDPR gamemaking. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

I've played it like 3 months ago on PS5 and it was mostly fine. A minor glitch here and there, but of the "my car just parked 2 meters above the ground" variety, nothing game breaking. 2 crashes from what I remember. 

The game itself is good but nothing to write home about imo. But I didn't consider The Witcher 3 to be all that amazing either, so maybe I'm just not a fan of CDPR gamemaking. 

I've never played The Witcher either. Mainly because that game seems really huge and time consuming.

I had a lot of fun playing it on PS5 and would recommend it, after having slogged through the initial PS4 release. (PS5- 8/10,  PS4- 4/10, for me). 

It's similar to Far Cry, in gameplay, but in a future setting.

I wouldn't compare it to Deus Ex or Fallout as these games are deeper in RPG and freedom. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DaTruthAboutCats said:

I've never played The Witcher either. Mainly because that game seems really huge and time consuming.

It is! It will suck you in and take you for a wild ride. And you should definitely play it. Seriously. Get on it. NOW.

I mean, I have Cyberpunk on my backlog (played it maybe for 2 hours on PS5 and it seemed cool), but I'd replay The Witcher 3 on PS5 before touching any other action rpg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

It is! It will suck you in and take you for a wild ride. And you should definitely play it. Seriously. Get on it. NOW.

I mean, I have Cyberpunk on my backlog (played it maybe for 2 hours on PS5 and it seemed cool), but I'd replay The Witcher 3 on PS5 before touching any other action rpg.

Lol I will eventually get to it. But long games take so much time when I know I can play like 4 or 5 in that time span. I love massive open world rpgs. But I also hate them because I will obsess over everything.

Elden Ring is at a stand still because I went through every nook and cranny just to get halfway through the game. I got so burnt out and quit playing games altogether for a couple weeks.

I think you should buy it when it does go on sale. Most of the bugs and glitches are mostly fixed as well as the crashing issues at least on PS5. I played the game twice on the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game and had a fun time. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok it became very fun after the intro, after the title card 6 hours in, hehe.

Im having fun now, very much.

Just know that the first 5-10 hours will be confusing and its hard to understand what the game really wants from you.

It reminds me of the intro of Assassins creed 3, it was also like 5-10 hours until the game proper started. 

I really like it now, like 8-9/10 much.

Recommended to anyone who wants a huge rpg.

I would say yes, the game has improved substantially since launch and runs really well on the PS5. Definitely worth it I'd say if you are interested in an open-world rpg future sci-fi cyberpunk/tech game.