Fastest Platinum Achievers

NickSalohcin

There are few platinum achievers on here, especially the fastest one (2 weeks), which seem way too fast to be legit. How particularly would somebody be completing the game in 2 weeks without cheating or is there something I/we are missing? Is this somehow accomplished purely through cross-progression? Even people doing it in 2-3 months would be suspicious. You can play everyday all day without sleep and not be able to actually create and run enough games to get 99 specifically. Of course, that isn't physically possible anyways without dying first in real life. So how exactly?

On 9/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, NathanielJohn said:

The PS5 version is literally impossible to cheat. Any fast platinum times are a result of someone playing the game online on PC and then coming to their PS5 to pop trophies. There's nothing against the rules about this, and it cannot be cheated since it doesn't involve any local saves.

I think you are right about the cross progression factor here. However, hacking Trophies is not impossible. It is difficult but the biggest factor is the risk of system ban which doesn't happen on PC for example. Though you will get banned from Steam Achievement communities. It isn't a zero sum game which console = no hacks. This website doesn't particularly question it or flag anything. I don't even see where you can report players for a review if something is suspect. Perhaps submission to a moderator. Places like TrueTrophies though, there are instances where people have unlocked completely unobtainable Trophies due to server shutdowns or broken games after they are not unlockable. Maybe here too, you'd have to take the time to comb through dates. Accounts have been banned from those sites for cheating. Also TrueAchievements on Xbox. Again they aren't many, but there are some. 

15 hours ago, NickSalohcin said:

I think you are right about the cross progression factor here. However, hacking Trophies is not impossible. It is difficult but the biggest factor is the risk of system ban which doesn't happen on PC for example. Though you will get banned from Steam Achievement communities. It isn't a zero sum game which console = no hacks. This website doesn't particularly question it or flag anything. I don't even see where you can report players for a review if something is suspect. Perhaps submission to a moderator. Places like TrueTrophies though, there are instances where people have unlocked completely unobtainable Trophies due to server shutdowns or broken games after they are not unlockable. Maybe here too, you'd have to take the time to comb through dates. Accounts have been banned from those sites for cheating. Also TrueAchievements on Xbox. Again they aren't many, but there are some. 

There is literally no known way to hack PS5 trophies right now. PS3, Vita, and PS4 trophies can be hacked. PS5 no.

Also tons of cheated trophies are reported and removed from the leaderboards on this site. You can report trophies right on the game’s trophy list page. If you can’t it’s because you don’t own the game or the game is currently unhackable.

Edited by NathanielJohn

16 hours ago, NickSalohcin said:

I don't even see where you can report players for a review if something is suspect. Perhaps submission to a moderator.

Since there are no PS5 trophy exploits, there hasn't been a report implementation for PS5 trophy lists yet. But the answer to your comment is already answered in the appropriate thread:

13 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

There is literally no known way to hack PS5 trophies right now. PS3, Vita, and PS4 trophies can be hacked. PS5 no.

Also tons of cheated trophies are reported and removed from the leaderboards on this site. You can report trophies right on the game’s trophy list page. If you can’t it’s because you don’t own the game or the game is currently unhackable.

Not being able to report someone, can also be because someone has beaten you to it and already filed a report :).

On 9/23/2022 at 10:18 AM, NathanielJohn said:

No known doesn't = impossible. I don't mean to be argumentative here, but the logic isn't sound. Also the mod stating "there are no PS5 exploits". Every system with Trophies has been hacked, as you already said. There most certainly are exploits 2 years in, and hacks for the PS5. Maybe only in the darkest corners, but certainly we can't be so naive or arrogant to make a blanket statement. It makes more logical sense based on history to just assume it is happening but so far there is no obvious proof.

I think at least we can agree it's great consoles are much tighter controlled for fairness than say Steam and it isn't a rampant problem and never really has been. But anyways, thank you guys for the information. I'll just leave it at that.

Saying that it’s possible that there are currently PS5 hacks is as meaningless as saying that it’s possible that my wife is secretly a clown who sneaks out at night to perform at secret birthday parties. Like, sure, it’s technically possible, but every single bit of evidence points to the contrary so why it in the current discussion?

Until there is any evidence whatsoever that it’s possible to hack PS5 trophies, we don’t accuse people of cheating PS5 trophies. Simple.

Edited by NathanielJohn