Limited Japanese Physical Copy Pre-Order (Amazon Japan)

CelestialRequiem

Release date: November 24th, 2022 (Japan only). 

Unless this game gets its own unique stack, this will be based on the Japanese region (which is also why I posted this topic for this region of the title). 

Amazon Japan - available to ship to internationally. 

The physical version for the Limited Run Games has concluded pre-orders and is still being manufactured. Looks like if you missed your chance initially, this alternative is available to you -- and based on the shipping date, you're likely to get it sooner than from LRG anyway. 

HpEP3w5.png

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 4

Just now, AihaLoveleaf said:

If the Dramatic Edition content is yet to be seen in any prior release of Sol Cresta, then I wager the Dramatic Edition will be considered different enough to end up with its own stack.

The Dramatic DLC is already a part of the game; even if it doesn't have its own trophies. It released alongside Sol Cresta's launch for an additional $10 USD. 

Essentially, all the Dramatic Mode entails is the player going through arcade mode (with very limited options for difficulty settings) with cutscenes added and voice acting. Now -- this is a little unrelated; but the voice acting is only in Japanese, so unless you can read subtitles and play a shoot-em-up at the same time; it makes for a pretty unfavorable experience if you're not fluent with the Japanese language. 

Even if it is a part of the physical package, I encourage everyone to just skip it entirely. Sol Cresta is already about an hour long, which is an insane duration for a shoot-em-up when they're usually like 30 minutes and this additional content makes it in the 90-minute territory. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Essentially, all the Dramatic Mode entails is the player going through arcade mode (with very limited options for difficulty settings) with cutscenes added and voice acting. Now -- this is a little unrelated; but the voice acting is only in Japanese, so unless you can read subtitles and play a shoot-em-up at the same time; it makes for a pretty unfavorable experience if you're not fluent with the Japanese language.

Yeah there's been a few shooting games recently that do this.

I definitely don't think I'd want a storyline unravelling on a bullet hell game, even in English. That to me just doesn't seem like good design.

I mean it's bad enough playing games like Parappa The Rapper and pretty much any game that has QTE events in cut scenes like Shenmue or God Of War.
You're too busy playing the game to fully enjoy and appreciate the action and what is going on, and you end up not actually seeing stuff.

I mean sure when I play Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors or any of those type of games, the dialogue is in Japanese and so is the audio and I can do both at once, I'm kinda fine with that, but the gameplay in those kind of games is not intense enough that you are suddenly gonna die in one hit, that you even need to concentrate all that much on the action.

But I can still imagine it being annoying if you have to quickly read the subtitles as well as trying to play because that is the only way to experience the story.

Concentration heavy games should probably have cut scenes only without gameplay.

Like yeah, you could probably just watch it on youtube later on a let's play. But I think, that kinda misses the point entirely.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ObsoleteWoman said:

Thanks for the head's up! Have there been any updates on the LRG copy? Mine still just says it's "in production". It's kind of frustrating that I bought this game back in February and still haven't been able to play it.

We don't have an update beyond that.

Seems this release is going to fall into the new year. Which... That is super shitty. I hate how big this company has gotten and they still can't their games out in a decent time frame.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...