School life (post game) question

I got this question about the post game school life. Been doing it three times now and haven't earned a single coin. Last time i didn't get to create the last monamaka bear (didnt have enough time) and I read what monomaka was saying, he said "You failed to create a single backup".... strange because I was able to finish 6 out of the 7 ordered designs. Does he mean that I need to create 2 bears out of each order to create 'backups' or does he mean to say "You failed to created all 7 ordered designs"?

A darn shame the built relations during school life trips get reset each new attempt :(

Thanks for the help,

Carda

Well first make sure you are only focusing on one character ending at a time and to make sure it fills 10 hearts.  Pretty sure you have to finish all 7/7 to get 200 coins and to get the character ending/panty (haven't tested this out).  

Some tips to get it on time is to focus on building the tools(double the items) after you get enough parts for that certain design.  Also focus on trying to level up your item finder.  

Since you played it three times already, you should be high enough to clean sweep through a school mode so make sure to focus on the tools.  At the end of the 4th playthrough I just skipped a lot as I got all the items I need by the 4th design since I got all the tools.

Edited by EIPsyCongroo

Thank you for the advice. I am gonna look further into that tools making part to double the items ( I really could use such an item ). Some games deserve to get a platinum trophy ( Like Virtuals Last Reward ) and for this game I'm really motivated as well. *picks up the Vita for another school life run*

The only design that gives you coins is the last one. The only reason to complete the other designs is to gain trip tickets. The reason Monokuma said you failed to build backups is because their all failures in his eyes. Just be aware you can't get a characters ending unless the report card for EVERYONE is full!  

http://pixelsordeath.com/the-long/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-platinum-trophy-guide#gallery

The only way to earn the 200 coins is to finish the last bear warlockuma. You have to finish that bear to unlock the true ending for whoever you friended too, otherwise it won't count. I also learned the hard way. You do not have to finish all the bears to get the 200 coins and the good ending, just the last one. I usually friended 4 people per go and then skipped the next to last bear to make sure I would have enough materials for warlockuma because, again, otherwise it's pointless.

The link at the top will help you get the most hearts out of people the fastest. It's possible to get 5 people maxed per go but since I like to play it safe I missed out on a few trip tickets to ensure I could make warlockuma. I still had four people per go.

Also, as far as making friends is concerned, you can take them to the same place over ad over again to say the same thing. For example I only took Toko to the library and continuously told her I loved reading.

From memory

Warlockuma:

10 Greek statues

50 paint

30 poem books

30 (or 50) microchips

.... I can't remember the rest. Welder? Motor?

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 1

http://pixelsordeath.com/the-long/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-platinum-trophy-guide#gallery

The only way to earn the 200 coins is to finish the last bear warlockuma. You have to finish that bear to unlock the true ending for whoever you friended too, otherwise it won't count. I also learned the hard way. You do not have to finish all the bears to get the 200 coins and the good ending, just the last one. I usually friended 4 people per go and then skipped the next to last bear to make sure I would have enough materials for warlockuma because, again, otherwise it's pointless.

The link at the top will help you get the most hearts out of people the fastest. It's possible to get 5 people maxed per go but since I like to play it safe I missed out on a few trip tickets to ensure I could make warlockuma. I still had four people per go.

Also, as far as making friends is concerned, you can take them to the same place over ad over again to say the same thing. For example I only took Toko to the library and continuously told her I loved reading.

From memory

Warlockuma:

10 Greek statues

50 paint

30 poem books

30 (or 50) microchips

.... I can't remember the rest. Welder? Motor?

I have an issue where no matter what I do, I can't get the good ending/character endings. Even after completing every single monokuma including warlockuma, I just get the same old "you're stuck in the school, try again" ending. DESPITE monokuma acknowledging that I created warlockuma in the gym. Any ideas? 

School mode is the biggest pain in the ass, because you have to complete it at least 4 times. (I hate trophies that add NOTHING to the game). 

You have to build all 7 designs each time you complete school mode. In addition to that, you have to use your trip tickets to get hearts for each character. A character will be "complete" once you've gained 10 hearts for them. You gain hearts by going to different areas of the school and picking responses that they like (so you can net half a heart to a full heart for each day). 

You will know you have done everything right when you get to the very end (day 51). You talk to the characters that you filled up all their hearts for (5 characters is the most you can do for a single play through). You have to pick the correct response out of the three. If you did it correctly, you receive a key item. Now do that for all characters over three play-throughs.

You can talk to Monokuma at any point during school mode to see how many hearts you earned for a character. If you completed a character, there will be a little medal next to their character when you talk to Monokuma.

A great guide for it can be found here:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc/226395-danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

That is useful to know. 

However, I think you might as well try building all 7 for at least the first few school mode runs. It's difficult to build the later Monokumas with low stats, so you might as well collect what you can to raise your collecting level, so it's easier to build warlockuma. You definitely don't want to go through 50 days (about 1.5 hours) only to realize at the end you can't build the last one, making your efforts to get hearts with characters completely pointless. The hearts don't roll over from one play-through to the other.

• 1 month later...

That is useful to know. 

However, I think you might as well try building all 7 for at least the first few school mode runs. It's difficult to build the later Monokumas with low stats, so you might as well collect what you can to raise your collecting level, so it's easier to build warlockuma. You definitely don't want to go through 50 days (about 1.5 hours) only to realize at the end you can't build the last one, making your efforts to get hearts with characters completely pointless. The hearts don't roll over from one play-through to the other.

I actually found easier to build later Monokumas than the first three or four in my first playthrough.

And first playthrough is for report card filling anyways, so creating Monokumas is in a way pretty useless to do.

But it's very possible to even get your first ending there =) I was only missing 2 hearts on Chihiro only because I messed up one event and got many half-hearts =)

Edited by SatoshiOokami

Please help, Monokoma disapeared the second I talked to Junko so I can not check my progress. Junko disappears after what i figure  is when I get my tenth heart with her. So I played all the way to the end and she did not show up for me to talk to after the final monokuma moment.  Am I missing something?

• 11 months later...

More questions on "school life" from a JRPG/visual novel newb:

1. Do you have to give presents to unlock the report cards, or is just hanging out with the characters good enough?

I have been giving presents so far, but I notice that the guides I've read only recommend giving presents but don't actually say that you have to give presents to unlock the next stage of the report card. I ask because I have given away almost all the good presents on the report cards I've done so far, and am now wondering if I need to take a break to grind more monocoins for the Monokuma machine, or whether I can just hang out with the remaining characters and get the same results.

2. To get the :silver: You shouldn't have so I need to have at least 1 of each present in my inventory at the same time, or do I just have to have had it once?

3. Is there a particularly good method of gambling on the Monokuma machine?

My base repeat % is about 70% right now, and I've been spending a lot of coins to get it <30% when I gamble, but a lot of the things I get are repeats anyway. Should I be spending more coins or am I just unlucky?

Thanks guys and gals.

More questions on "school life" from a JRPG/visual novel newb:

1. Do you have to give presents to unlock the report cards, or is just hanging out with the characters good enough?

I have been giving presents so far, but I notice that the guides I've read only recommend giving presents but don't actually say that you have to give presents to unlock the next stage of the report card. I ask because I have given away almost all the good presents on the report cards I've done so far, and am now wondering if I need to take a break to grind more monocoins for the Monokuma machine, or whether I can just hang out with the remaining characters and get the same results.

You should give a present. Events and corresponding report card pages only appear when you reach high friendship which can be raised by giving present they really like.

Iirc, hanging out eventually works as well but it takes considerably more time.

2. To get the :silver: You shouldn't have so I need to have at least 1 of each present in my inventory at the same time, or do I just have to have had it once?

You should have at least one of each in inventory. Simply for easier step 3.

Because even if you owned a present before and you have 0 of it now, it will count as NEW in the Monokuma machine.

3. Is there a particularly good method of gambling on the Monokuma machine?

Spend as many coins as you need to get a percentage of the new item to 100%.

It's guaranteed way and you won't lose coins for getting the same present.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...