Sony refused to refund me for an add-on I never received

mcnichoj

Bought bullshit COD points. Never showed up. Bought them a second time and then they finally showed up. Contact Activision and they wasted a bunch of my time just to tell me to contact PlayStation. Contact PlayStation, they say they can't do anything about it. So now I'm out $40.

I've been taking so many monetary related L's lately and it's all so tiresome. Not sure how much longer I can keep going on.

Lol, people basically telling you to go fuck yourself for doing whatever you want with your own money instead of helping with your issue. If you don't have anything to add, you shouldn't post. What Op does with his money is irrelevant to the issue here.

In my experience, when it comes to issues with in-game currency they'd rather play pass the buck. Sony doesn't want to refund something bought for a game running on a server outside of their control. The game doesn't want to give up paid currency for a fuckup on a pay service they can't really check.

Maybe give it a day and then resend your refund request. The points my have not been credited yet. I've had paid currency take up to two days to be formally added to my account, it's not always instantaneous.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I'm fairly certain Sony will blanket refuse every refund request the first time, and only if you refute it will they actually make a decision on it and maybe refund you.

Nah, my first and only refund request was approved immediately. But I just wanted a wallet refund so I imagine that is why they were fine with it.

OP's issue with a digital currency is definitely a more sticky situation though.

6 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Nah, my first and only refund request was approved immediately. But I just wanted a wallet refund so I imagine that is why they were fine with it.

OP's issue with a digital currency is definitely a more sticky situation though.

My first and only refund request was refused immediately, and I wanted a wallet refund. The reason they gave was because it had been downloaded already. It wasn't until I explained to them that it was a season pass I bought (on sale) and I didn't even own the base game (I had intended to buy it later, but a physical complete edition became available for a good price, which was why I wanted the season pass refunded) so I couldn't have downloaded it, that they then agreed to refund me.

Digital currency is indeed a difficult situation though as it's pretty much instantly "downloaded", and would be difficult to prove you hadn't received it.

Edited by Stevieboy

Bought a voucher one time and when I went to retrieve the voucher it had already been used, contact the store where I bought the thing and they eventually told me to contact Sony, long story short their answer was that the code had already being used and they could do nothing, so I ended up 250$ short and with a feeling of betrayal, never again.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

I feel that is a kick in the head and plus I feel that is what happens a lot with sony they like to refuse you on things you got. I mean they have it to the point where you can't even try out a game abit then refund it you need to make sure you never downloaded it. It is bs but yeah what can you do. I would keep calling and piss them off to the point they refund you it as that is how I would do it.

Also to people who are just saying he is a idiot for doing this and that. I mean he spent his money on something sure you might not like what he spent it on but it is his money grow the hell up. I mean I remember when someone got pissed off at me for not getting gta5 back when it was new on ps3 because to me it was another gta game that is a lot like the past games not much big changes other than 3 new playable characters. That year was the year I got dead space 3 and few others I can't name but yeah. I will however say if this was on something completely dum and it hurts others then yes I would complain.

7 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Bought a voucher one time and when I went to retrieve the voucher it had already been used, contact the store where I bought the thing and they eventually told me to contact Sony, long story short their answer was that the code had already being used and they could do nothing, so I ended up 250$ short and with a feeling of betrayal, never again.

I feel Sony were right in this instance. I would think it's up to the store where you bought it from to sort it out. Sony would have even been able to provide a date and time when the code was used, so you would be able to inform the store of that info. Your transaction was with the store, not with Sony.

• Like 3

Y'know you could call your bank and do a reversal transaction. Open a claim and explain what happened. Because you paid money for an add on you never received. Your bank can just take the money away from Sony and put it back into your account. Sony doesnt give a shit about you until it involves you taking your money back. You can be a PS gamer for 13 years or someone who just bought a PS console for the first time and Sony will still not care. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

Lol, people basically telling you to go fuck yourself for doing whatever you want with your own money instead of helping with your issue. If you don't have anything to add, you shouldn't post. What Op does with his money is irrelevant to the issue here.

People aren't telling him to go fuck himself, they are pointing out a stupid mistake on his part - which he is blaming on others. 

As for me, I bought a game last year on the ps3(yes playstation 3) store, but I accidentally purchased the vita version. I had it downloaded when I realised, and I got a refund no problem. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I feel Sony were right in this instance. I would think it's up to the store where you bought it from to sort it out. Sony would have even been able to provide a date and time when the code was used, so you would be able to inform the store of that info. Your transaction was with the store, not with Sony.

Don't know man what I do know is that the voucher was sealed and the cashier had to do the check thing and went just fine, the code itself was already used so I think there were duplicates, Sony didn't even bother to share the date with me so I could do as you said and it was Christmas to make matters worse, at any rate I ended up with jack since all they did was point fingers as usual, now I just use credit card.

Just now, Sunnyburrito said:

Don't know man what I do know is that the voucher was sealed and the cashier had to do the check thing and went just fine, the code itself was already used so I think there were duplicates, Sony didn't even bother to share the date with me so I could do as you said and it was Christmas to make matters worse, at any rate I ended up with jack since all they did was point fingers as usual, now I just use credit card.

You probably would have had to ask when the code had been used. I don't think Sony would have just offered up that info. It sucks that it never got sorted out and you ended up losing that money though.

3 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Did you buy from an official store or from a third party? The code is authenticated at the time of purchase. how could someone use a code that has just been authenticated and is in yours not their hands? was it an online transaction?