Serendipitous trophy -HELP-

DarkAnimaa

I trained my Silver Chocobo and got this easy!!! You can get the Chocobo. by throwing the moogle in the middle of Hope's techy-crap in Academia 4XX-AF. NOTE: You must have improved moogle throw to do this! Get the Chocobo to level 30 and enter it in the contests. I had no idea wtf I was doing and it still won 90% of the time...

You could also do the whole rubber-band R1 and check on it every couple of hours to see if you won more money, though I tried this method and hardly won anything or lost money most the time. Though it's a good method if your patient and don't want to put much effort into it.

Lastly, your luck "supposedly" increases if you have a saved file of FF XIII by 20%. Though it hasn't been confirmed nor did I hardly see much of a difference if any when I got this trophy.

• Like 1

I trained my Silver Chocobo and got this easy!!! You can get the Chocobo. by throwing the moogle in the middle of Hope's techy-crap in Academia 4XX-AF. NOTE: You must have improved moogle throw to do this! Get the Chocobo to level 30 and enter it in the contests. I had no idea wtf I was doing and it still won 90% of the time...

You could also do the whole rubber-band R1 and check on it every couple of hours to see if you won more money, though I tried this method and hardly won anything or lost money most the time. Though it's a good method if your patient and don't want to put much effort into it.

Lastly, your luck "supposedly" increases if you have a saved file of FF XIII by 20%. Though it hasn't been confirmed nor did I hardly see much of a difference if any when I got this trophy.

i already have all chocobos & leveled the silver & golden to maximum + got 159 fragments

(getting the bestiary fragment soon)

but the damn slot made me lose alot.

i might go to my old save but still... no one told me about closing the gate does works :huh:

& i heard that there's a beginner's luck don't see any difference either  :|

anyway thanks for replying  :D

going to fight raspatil  :spank:

The slots are horrible. I made all my money racing a Silver Chocobo in the short distance races (600 meter). I used the following strategy (lifted from the Collector's Edition guide) to build an awesome Chocobo:

-Collect the Chocobo by getting the Mog's Manifestation ability from Serendipity, then go to Academia 4XX AF and throw Mog into a small platform below the hologram of Cocoon.

-Collect 31 Potent Orbs, 46 Potent Essences, and 23 Potent Crystals to level your Chocobo up to level 45.

-Go to Archylte Steppe ??? AF, change the weather to cloudy, and capture a Pulsework Gladiator. Make sure it's level 1 and infuse it to the Chocobo to get the Blue Streak ability.

-Change the weather on the Steppe to sunny, then capture a basic Cactuar (no special ones). Make sure it's level 1 and infuse it to the Chocobo to get the Sprinter ability.

-Change the weather to rainy on the Steppe, capture a Microchu, and level it up to level 24. Infuse it to get the Chocobo to get Marathoner and Health Nut.

-When you race, choose 600 meter races, bet on your chocobo, and use the racing strategy that has the icon that has the chocobo head 4th from the left lit up (the one where your chocobo hangs toward the back during most of the race, then cranks up the speed at the end).

-When you round the last turn, use your Boost ability to ensure victory.

-Once your Chocobo runs out of RP, you can unregister them from racing, then immediately re-register them to recharge your RP.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

The slots are horrible. I made all my money racing a Silver Chocobo in the short distance races (600 meter). I used the following strategy (lifted from the Collector's Edition guide) to build an awesome Chocobo:

-Collect the Chocobo by getting the Mog's Manifestation ability from Serendipity, then go to Academia 4XX AF and throw Mog into a small platform below the hologram of Cocoon.

-Collect 31 Potent Orbs, 46 Potent Essences, and 23 Potent Crystals to level your Chocobo up to level 45.

-Go to Archylte Steppe ??? AF, change the weather to cloudy, and capture a Pulsework Gladiator. Make sure it's level 1 and infuse it to the Chocobo to get the Blue Streak ability.

-Change the weather on the Steppe to sunny, then capture a basic Cactuar (no special ones). Make sure it's level 1 and infuse it to the Chocobo to get the Sprinter ability.

-Change the weather to rainy on the Steppe, capture a Microchu, and level it up to level 24. Infuse it to get the Chocobo to get Marathoner and Health Nut.

-When you race, choose 600 meter races, bet on your chocobo, and use the racing strategy that has the icon that has the chocobo head 4th from the left lit up (the one where your chocobo hangs toward the back during most of the race, then cranks up the speed at the end).

-When you round the last turn, use your Boost ability to ensure victory.

-Once your Chocobo runs out of RP, you can unregister them from racing, then immediately re-register them to recharge your RP.

Gonna try doing this method. I saw in the guide I followed to get the silver chocobo, but I wasn't thinking of going to the races but got it anyways just for the bestiary. Now that I needed I found somewhere to use a golden chocobo, just now I see that the silver chocobo is better. Me and my bad luck!

good news!

i closed the gate & played chocobo races

first time i made it to 5000 coins & retrieved my chocobo & did it again!

looks like closing the gate works  :yay:

So you closed the gate and got the 10000 without losing and got the trophy? Then I'm gonna do that too.

Gonna try doing this method. I saw in the guide I followed to get the silver chocobo, but I wasn't thinking of going to the races but got it anyways just for the bestiary. Now that I needed I found somewhere to use a golden chocobo, just now I see that the silver chocobo is better. Me and my bad luck!

You'll kick ass with both anyway. I used the gold one and always won. That is, if you level him enough and choose the right setups.

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2017 at 10:34 PM, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Has anyone ever hit the x500 in the slots? I just did 1,019 spins and never hit it once. Only two of the x50. DON'T PLAY SLOTS. Just sayin'.

I cant remember if I did hit the x500 in the slots, but to get a fragment you do need earn an amount of 7777 coins from slots so you still need to play slots, Just get the net gain of 10,000 coins from the Chocobo races like everyone mentioned previously. I can't remember if it was mentioned already but if you do slots before the net gain of 10,000; just close the game at serendipity and the total net-gain is reset to 0.