A faster way to platinum

When you will it make easy you can Play with Infinity Live and collect all Collectibles. When you Finish the Game you can go on Level select and Play the last Level with Lives, by Level Select the Option for invinitive Life is off. When you make it to the End the Trophy for beating the Game and for not byuing any Item will pop also the Trophy for speaking with all NPCS when you not get it the first Time you finish the Game. So there is no need for a complete second Playtrough. You only have to play the Last Level two times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alox777 said:

When you will it make easy you can Play with Infinity Live and collect all Collectibles. When you Finish the Game you can go on Level select and Play the last Level with Lives, by Level Select the Option for invinitive Life is off. When you make it to the End the Trophy for beating the Game and for not byuing any Item will pop also the Trophy for speaking with all NPCS when you not get it the first Time you finish the Game. So there is no need for a complete second Playtrough. You only have to play the Last Level two times.

Are you saying you can get the trophy for beating the game and for not spending money just by beating the last level via level select? Do you have any confirmation of this. I never saw that anywhere.

You can actually also get every collectible in the game without ever buying the helicopter or wharever, and therefore without backups. You can just punch and break the blocks on the left side of the collectible to climb them and reach it, a bit tricky but totally doable, I did that way in the Ps5 stack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illuminati1556 said:

Are you saying you can get the trophy for beating the game and for not spending money just by beating the last level via level select? Do you have any confirmation of this. I never saw that anywhere.

You can see it also by my times I do it

Edited by Alox777
  • Like 1

I tried out @Alox777 way and got the plat on PS4 in 1h 14m (could have gotten it closer to an hour if I didn't pause for a while).

Playthrough 1 - Infinite lives

Get majority of trophies including collectibles and talk to all NPCs. Complete level 20 and finish game.

Playthrough 2 - Load up level 20 via Level Select. You should automatically have infinite lives off at this stage. Complete this level to get Protector of Radaxian and Stingy. Now load up Level 3 via level select and get Adventurer.

All that is left to do is Boss Rush mode and you should have the platinum once you defeat Janken here.

• Like 2

On 23/09/2022 at 3:12 PM, Alox777 said:

So basically i can use infinite lives and finish the game, when i finish the game select last level and complete the game and i got the other trophies?

I also can confirm that playing the game through with Infinite lives then replaying the last level with cheats disabled will pop trophies normally.  

Also, level 12 doesn’t require a helicopter to get its collectible. Simple platforming skills will suffice, just don’t go to far right of the screen a you need the “pillar” to the left.

So it’s possible to get the plat in one playthrough with one chapter cleanup. 

Edited by BestUsername----

• 2 months later...
On 23/09/2022 at 2:51 PM, illuminati1556 said:

I looked at the guide here and on another site, and both guides missed huge opportunities to cut down on playtime. I have a rough outline below for how to shave off a few hours below.

X = collectible in level

START GAME - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING

Level 1 – NPC 1,2, X

Level 2 – NPC 3,4

MAKE BACKUP SAVE

Level 3 - Go to secret island

LOAD BACKUP SAVE

Level 3 - X

Level 4 - NPC 5, X

Level 5 – Destroy helicopter - DO NOT SHOOT, X

Level 6 – Pet the dog, NPC 6,7,8, X

Level 7 – X

Level 8 – Magic Ball, X

Level 9 -

Level 10 - X

Level 11 - X

MAKE BACKUP SAVE - get NPCs, do not buy anything

Level 13 – NPC 9,10,11,12,13

Level 18 - NPC 14 (I think it's in this level, but it's unmissable anyway)

Level 20 - NPC 15

*Complete the Tournament before continuing. 

LOAD BACKUP SAVE - turn on infinite lives, spend money for collectible 12 and whenever you want, get remaining collectibles

Level 12 - X

Level 13 – X

Level 14 - X

Level 15 - X

Level 19 - X

Level 20 - X

You should now have every trophy and don't even need to finish the game.

Doing this should eliminate more than half of an entire playthrough.

Hope this helps! :) 

Thank you for your time and guide

Hi!

I saw this topic today and, as the author of the guide here on PSNProfiles, I would like to say that I appreciate the thread and all the contribution on new ways to get collectibles and trophies, which I personally did not know.

However, I also want to clarify that the purpose of my guide (and the most guides around here/around the internet) is to be as accessible as possible to everyone. I know, I know... not writting down a strategy that would cut the platinum time in half can be frustrating to someone that just want both PS4 & PS5 stacks, but filling up the guide with a roadmap that is not intuitive to everyone (casual gamers included) is not acceptable for me. Alex Kidd is a nostalgic game for most people and therefore have a great variaty of players. The platinum has no glitched trophies (for the bad) and can take an estimated time of 8 hours (less than that depending on your skills). For a casual gamer that played once and now want to get everything left, a intuitive guide is still the best and most friendly way to lead this person to the platinum trophy.

I'm writting all of that because the past couple months I read things like "The roadmap is not good", "This can be done this way and not this way", "This guide misses many things", etc. I am not offended by such things at all because I face them as valid contribution in overall game discussion, as we see in almost every game on this website. But I want you guys to consider that there are many visions to the activity of earning trophies. Some people just do not want to mess with cloud saves and stuff like that, for example (only if its really necessary).

For me, the contribution here is really solid. I know that this website, which I trully love, is a Trophy Hunter website in the first place. I also know that most things must be adapted to his audience first. I recognize that the guide is not as optimal as you would expect and I apologize for that.

At this point, I'm just trying to justify myself as someone that wrote a guide to safely lead EVERYONE to the platinum trophy. It was not my intention to harm anyone's experience.

I will make a update on the guide this week, specially regarding the Protector of Radaxian trophy that can be obtained just by playing the last level again without infinite lives.

Again, thank you all for the comments and overall contribution. I will improve any further guide that I write, as I did with Thymesia's.

• Like 1