Trophy Thoughts

alexwise

After playing for a bit, it doesn’t seem like a difficult plat. Playing on normal atm so can’t say much about higher difficulty settings. 

Finding all secrets on your own could be a a bit of a hassle, I suspect. So might need to use a guide. 

P.S. For those who get headache from or prefer higher resolution than 360p, PS4 version played on PS5 could be a better choice. The “Native” setting for virtual resolution on PS5 renders at 4K and drops frames left and right, completely unplayable. While the PS4 version played on PS5 with virtual resolution set to the same “Native” renders at ~1080p or so and runs locked 60fps. The PS4 version may lack some reflections and ambient occlusion present in PS5 version, but overall 95% (if not more) looks the same. 

Edit: Seem to have been fixed.

Edited by alexwise
  • Like 1

Game is really fun. What can be annoying is that in order to 100% a level, you need to kill all enemies, find all secrets and don't die all at. So you have to do all those requirements in one run of a mission.

29 minutes ago, alexwise said:

After playing for a bit, it doesn’t seem like a difficult plat. Playing on normal atm so can’t say much about higher difficulty settings. 

Finding all secrets on your own could be a a bit of a hassle, I suspect. So might need to use a guide. 

P.S. For those who get headache from or prefer higher resolution than 360p, PS4 version played on PS5 could be a better choice. The “Native” setting for virtual resolution on PS5 renders at 4K and drops frames left and right, completely unplayable. While the PS4 version played on PS5 with virtual resolution set to the same “Native” renders at ~1080p or so and runs locked 60fps. The PS4 version may lack some reflections and ambient occlusion present in PS5 version, but overall 95% (if not more) looks the same. 

Yep... But you can deactivate two specific options (I think one is ray tracing?) in the graphics settings. Then the PS5 version runs smooth and is basically like the PS4 version I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Game is really fun. What can be annoying is that in order to 100% a level, you need to kill all enemies, find all secrets and don't die all at. So you have to do all those requirements in one run of a mission.

Yep... But you can deactivate two specific options (I think one is ray tracing?) in the graphics settings. Then the PS5 version runs smooth and is basically like the PS4 version I guess.

That one option is not ray tracing. One is SSR - Screen Space Reflections, and the other one is Ambient Occlusion. 

I’ll turn them off and test the game out. Thanks for the suggestion, hopefully it works. 

Edit: tested. Still dropping frames. 

Edited by alexwise

I'm having a blast! Was going to purchase on PC (Still probably will) waited till the full release and the trophies aren't that hard. I'd say I've already got the hardest two. The only one that will be grindy is the Kill 10,000 enemies and you can do that on Ultra Easy. Just a typical grind lol.

Edit: Also probably the Pacifist trophy might be difficult but not insanely difficult.

Edited by Loutisu

11 hours ago, Baka1223 said:

Can someone check campaign trophies pop in Coop for both players? I want to beat game with friends and all of us want Platinum 1f603.png

We played the whole coop campaign and I was player 2. Short answer: it's pretty inconsistent.

We ran about 8 levels, then stopped for a break, then played the rest of the campaign.

• No Big Deal (finish a level without dying) - wouldn't pop for me as player 2, even if neither of us died. It popped for player 1.
  • Mopping Up (kill all enemies in a level) - wouldn't pop for me as player 2, even when we did. It popped for player 1.
  • Getting By (finish 10 levels) - popped early for me as player 2. Looks like it counted the Shop and when we did some of the trials multiple times.
  • It's Finally Over (finish the campaign) - popped as expected for both players

So for the most part, it seems not that bad as single level trophies can probably be earned pretty fast.

Bigger issue - when I loaded up the game in single player, the save was only up to when we stopped the first time (so only 8 levels, not the whole campaign done). Not sure what exactly caused this. Could be that I left first the first time and the host ended it the second time or could be the game didn't want to override what it thought was a separate save. Either way, kind of annoying. I'm not sure if Go Get Some Fresh Air (for finishing the campaign with 100% on all levels) will pop in coop for player 2. If it does, then as long as you always play coop with the same person as host it might not be that big of a deal.

Edited by PMD_E1337Pete
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Don't worry about this one. There are a good handful of moments where a bunch of grunts group up. There's even the Kickstarter backer level that's just an arena and you can get it there.

I managed to get both multikill trophies it in a later level. I'm curious about the In-Fight 100 trophy. Does it only count the friendly fire kills with firearms or do melee kills count as well?

15 hours ago, ThEpicspartan117 said:

I managed to get both multikill trophies it in a later level. I'm curious about the In-Fight 100 trophy. Does it only count the friendly fire kills with firearms or do melee kills count as well?

I have no idea, but good luck finding it all because I am not going to trophy hunt in this game.

On 24/09/2022 at 11:03 AM, Chaos_Bladez said:

The game also has cross-platform saves so I wonder if the trophies auto pop in the other version. 

It's an incomplete pop - some like the 100% pop immediately others when you repeat the actions once, like purchasing or picking up ore. Some have to be done entirely, like the Pacifist run or the 10k kills.