Playstation eye (PS3) issue with image

MarcancooL

Hi guys,

I decided a year ago to maximise my average by playing old games on my profile I didn't play much. One of these is Sports Champions requiring a PS Move and a camera. Everything was going well until tonight, my camera started glitching (image was lagging and flashing). So obviously the game went nuts. I have a second PS Camera at home so I tried this one instead. Same issue.

Then I turned my ps3 off and turned it on again and restarted the game. It's now even worse:

ei4i.jpg

I can guarantee you the lighting is not that red at home. Plus, it does the same with both cameras. The PS Move struggles to be seen with that red lighting so the game is unplayable.

Have you seen this before? What can be done? My both cameras are good for trash?

Thank you!

Edited by MarcancooL

I’ve only had this kind of visual when I started with the lights off and then turned lights on after (while playing Start the Party; where lighting conditions don’t matter at all thankfully). It was blue and green mixed rather than red though.

did you try switching the PS Eye’s view? There’s two settings, the wide view and the other one. I can’t think of anything else. 

well, there are calibration settings somewhere. Either PS Move Heroes or Carnival Island mentioned that in a PS system notification when starting. Maybe somewhere in there would help? 

I’ve only had Diggs Nightcrawler refuse to accept any lighting conditions while I haven’t had issues returning to other Move games so far. sports champions is on the list too. Since like you I decided to return to some old games.

Hi guys, thank you for your answers!

I left my PS3 closed all day and tried again for fun after reading your comments, the image was back to normal again. I absolutely have no idea why it glitched yesterday since I did not change any setting or whatever today and it's working... For now I guess my problem is solved, but I'm too tired to play tonight, I'll give it a try again tomorrow and see if it's all good again. Hopefully I can grab some more ultra rare trophies!!!