Server Status

Moostache7

Still not listed on the list of EA shutdowns (see link below).

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h

Does anyone know who to contact, whoever inherited the Codemasters social media accounts? I found the official twitter but it's been three years since they've posted anything, couldn't see if DMs were open and it's better to have a named/personal account of a developer. The Upcoming Discontinued thread didn't get very far, hoping maybe somebody more invested in ONRUSH specifically would know something.

EDIT: For anyone just now showing up to the thread, the link above has been updated - we are now losing service on or by November 30th 2022. I'll update this post again once it's shutdown so that it's clear on opening this thread the game can no longer be played online, leveling is no longer possible, and as such, many trophies are unobtainable.

Edited by Moostache7
New information, clarification

2 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

No it isn't down. It might go down on 30th but is NOT confirmed. Dev may have already moved the servers to a new home. Its a 4 year old game. 

I'm doing the plat just in case 

I see. I don’t think I can do it in a week, so I’ll wait and see if it’s still up in October. If so, I’ll knock it out then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheBritishBaron said:

I would just like to point out, that EA has nothing to do with this game, it was developed and published by Codemasters, which is why it is not on the EA server shutdown list

So were Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally, but those are in the EA shutdown list. With EA purchasing Codemasters, it means that EA does indeed have something to do with this game now. It's possible they might not be fully aware Gamesparks are the server hosts for the game, so that's why it hasn't been mentioned by them yet.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

So were Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally, but those are in the EA shutdown list. With EA purchasing Codemasters, it means that EA does indeed have something to do with this game now. It's possible they might not be fully aware Gamesparks are the server hosts for the game, so that's why it hasn't been mentioned by them yet.

Well damn, was unaware of that, can never keep up with what company has bought another these days.

Seems I was in the wrong, my bad.

After examining the servers this game connects to, I noticed the game does contact Gamesparks when it initially boots up, and when attempting to matchmake in online play. However when you buy gear from the store, or level up(play the campaign) the game connects to Amazon Web Services (AWS) only.

I suspect only Multiplayer will be affected by this shutdown, but everything else will remain intact, including obtaining the platinum. Hopefully, that is the case. Just finished the game myself, but I'm sure others didn't get a chance to do so due to the short notice.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, badbug68 said:

It is on the shutdown list and it says 30th November so panic over.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

Weird way to make a list.

Reasonable person would allow to order it by date. I don't care about all pre 2013 shutdowns. Would be much easier to give a quick look every now and then but not if you have to look through all NHL closed over the years. 

Wouldn't it be like 5 lines of code?

Not even asking for sorting by platform.

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

It has just been updated officially by EA: servers shut down on November 30. Two months later than predicted.

According to some people in the upcoming shutdown thread, the online multiplayer might still become inaccessible after today (apparently the game uses a different server for trophy information which is what EA may be reference with the shutdown notice). If you haven't started this game yet, I would still wait until at least after today to see what happens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hysteria said:

So , can I get all trophies if I start it from zero? 

Yes, start with campain (gives you gear) and play every character for 15 wins. Get all needed tags for 5 ubertags and when you are ~70 lvl start buying cheapest gear with coins (or count how many you have and start buying when you know you can buy enough to get 250[or 330 to be more specific, you start with 80 and it doesn't count]). Buying form the start is worse because you can get bought gear in lootboxes and you will get less money for that. 

Now 1 common gear is in special offer. It's worth to buy it.

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 3