Question on Memovira trophy

big_bob002

I've done most of the things listed in the guide to gain the Bloom's favor.

I have a save in the Nethermost Cavity with the maws and they are not attacking.  I think I've done it right.

However when I get to the transition point to the next map it's only giving me options that cause the maws to attack. Weird choices like prying the path open.  

Is there something I am missing?  I cannot currently get the trophy.

Edited by big_bob002

• 2 weeks later...

@FrenchDevil54

Looking for any advice if you still remember the game much?  I did a 2nd playthrough and followed the trophy guide.

SPOILERS below. 

Of the 23 things listed in the guide I have done 20 of them.  I freed the creature near the father/son merchant and got the power drive from the ship to make the weapon the Bloom hates but never used it.  The game did not give me the option to trade the weapon for the merecaster so I discarded the weapon.

The guy in the hut with the 3 npcs outside.  I did not kill him right away.  I came back later and the npcs had killed him while I was away.

The girl with the scarf.  She would get offended when I interacted with the scarf and end the conversation.  

Otherwise I have done everything.

When I enter the Nethermost Cavity the creature I freed is there.  The maws attack it.  I help kill it and then the maws stand there and do not attack.  I feed the tentacles my memories instead of a tidal surge to open the passage.  I can then walk up to the heart.  The only thing I can do is interact with the heart to massage it, or a few other options.  As soon as I do one of those it starts a crisis.

Do you remember if the trophy popped when you first enter the Nethermost Cavity before you see the creature I freed?  Does it pop when you approach the heart after the tentacles?  After opening the heart in the next room before interacting with the tentacles to get the guy for the main quest?  Later in the game?

I appreciate any help if you can think of anything.

Edited by big_bob002

This has a few additional things not in the guide here.  The guide here is fantastic but I think some of the trophies for this game are just overkill.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=936565940

-Do not put yourself in a situation when you’d have to fight Corpuscular Maws. Exception (thanks to Zarddin): If you do all the stuff Bloom likes and use Deception and Intimidation all the time, you can go in maw in Gullet to the Chamber of Bones and fight Corpuscular Maws, use tide on the dragon brain and go in the maw there.

-In the Memovira's Courtyard, force Qianne to give you money (not sure how to do that, I only read you can and was never able to confirm it personally) and to let you sleep at her place for free (before you finish her quest, ask her if you could rest at her place and lie that you have no money).

-In the Vast Interior, talk to the merchants that are trying to get to Ascension. Their cart will start to sink into the Bloom at some point (do not tell them you found the Maw leading to Ascencion if you find it before their cart starts to sink or they will just go away) – do not help them pull it out. After you rest few times, Bloom will swallow the cart and be happy. (Mentioned in guide here but a little clarity).

-In the Old Slave Block, get to the Murden’s Treasure Room and loot it.

-In the Trade Post, absorb the memories of dead people while interacting with the Bloom tongues

-Anywhere in the Bloom, use Deception, Intimidation and outright lie to everyone.

To be clear about when you get the trophy, from the link:

When you descend to the Nethermost Cavity, you will see immediately if your efforts thus far have been successful. There will be no hostile Corpuscular Maws here. If you freed Abykos from the cyst in the Vast Interior, he will be here fighting the Maws – kill Abykos. If you did not free him (I didn’t, after all Bloom imprisoned him for a reason, right?), the Nethermost Cavity will be empty.

When you get to the Bloom Heart and interact with it, it will happily tell you everything, whisper “Memovira” in your ear and attempt to bond with you. Let it.

I guess I'll post this update.  Maybe it will help people in the future.  

I attempted it a 3rd time.  This time I have done 22 of 23 things in the guide here.

-I cannot trade the scalpel weapon for the merecaster.  The lady there thinks I'm the Changing God and just gives me the merecaster.

From the Steam guide I lied and used Deception every chance I got.  I looted the Murden’s Treasure Room.  I lied to Qianne to stay there for free.

After not getting the trophy I reloaded and this time went into the maw in the Gullet, fought the maws, used a tidal surge on the brain, and proceeded back to the Nethermost Cavity.  Nothing changed.  The creature is still there, I kill it, the maws stand still with a message that the Bloom no longer sees me as a threat, and I have to interact with the heart and no trophy.

At a bit of a loss...

Edited by big_bob002

This is what should be a step by step guide to get the trophy.

Setup:

-Do not have blue/silver tides dominant.  This puts the Memovira trophy in direct conflict with the A God in Human Skin and Keep your Friends Close trophies.  Plan your playthroughs accordingly. 

-SS = Save Scrub.  Save the game before attempting the task.  If you fail, reload.

-I put 0 points into an Intelligence check with a 0% chance to succeed and it passed.  Seriously, save constantly. 

-I have read on various forums that certain things are required for some players and not for others.  I have even read theories that what is required changed with a patch.  I am just going to list everything.

-Make a backup Save at the beginning of the Bloom.

-The Bloom likes lying (lie) and deceiving if the option comes up in conversations.

-Hit down on the d-pad to see what map you are on.

-Do not use the Transdimensional Scalpel, Do not do a Tidal Surge, do not attack Corpuscular maws.

Trophy walkthrough:

MAP - Memovira's Courtyard

-Talk to Qianne.  Ask to sleep there.  I believe you cannot have gold tides be dominant, or possibly need points in Deception, but if you see an option like "(lie) I do not have any money" choose it.

-After sleeping the Decanted spawns.  SS. Talk to the Decanted to start it's quest.  Talk to the auctioneer.  You need 400 to buy Cody. If possible choose the Deception option to get a discount on Cody.  Talk to the Decanted to offer to sell Cody and then tell Cody to go to the Decanted.

-SS. Interact with the Aneen near Skayadi and attempt to touch it.  Talk to Skayadi and ask about the scarf.  Pass the checks until you can convince her to give in to the Bloom.

MAP - The Vast Interior

-Go to the right. Talk to Inkpot to initiate the quest.  Go inside the nearby hut. SS. Buy anything you want from Ioxu.  Do not persuade him of anything that will avoid combat.  Pass one of the checks to destroy the device in the middle of the room.  Kill Ioxu and his bodyguard.  Go outside and talk to Inkpot to finish the quest. Do not leave the area until you kill Ioxu as Inkpot will kill him if too much time passes.

Leave the map via the bottom right.

MAP - Little Nihliesh

-Side with the mutants to kill the Memovira thugs.

-SS. Talk to Delny at the bottom of the map.  Pass the check to choke him. Now you can rest for free at Qianne to get points back to pass checks.

-SS. Talk to Gar-koto to start the quest The Newborn Maw. Interact with the maw on the right.  SS. Convince Delny to interact with the maw. SS. Talk to Gar-koto and Herja until an option comes up to convince Gar-koto to let Herja face the maw.  Talk to Herja, convince her to approach the maw and do not intervene.

-SS. Talk to Aeon-tozon. Talk to Wondor. Lie to him.  Ask him to help feed Aeon-tozon's maw. Talk to Aeon-tozon and feed him Wondor.

Exit the map on the left side.

MAP - Catena Interior

SS. Pass enough checks to get the power core at the end of the ship.

If you haven't rested at Qianne in awhile now would be a good time to do so.

MAP- The Vast Interior

-SS. Interact with the cyst near Sunderman. Keep interacting until the Abykos is free.  Take the Mesmeric handle.

-SS. It is recommended to buy the Bloom-flesh armor from Sunderman.  Buy anything else you want from him.  Talk to Sunderman the elder and younger until you get an option to kill the younger version.  Do it.

Exit the map to the upper right.

MAP- Chiurgeon Slump

-SS. Talk to Artaglio.  If you choose the options "You're a soldier?", "a condottiere?" and "why aren't you for hire?" you can (lie) to him. Talk to him until you can ask about the maw. You can pass 3x Endurance checks in the drinking game or 1x Persuasion check to convince him to feed himself to the maw.

-SS. Talk to Bourras.  (Lie) to him.  Talk to him again.  Ask why he needs the money?  Then pass the check to send him to the Decanted.

-SS. Talk to Ranard. Choose "He had the choice to refuse".  Then pass one of the checks to kill him.  Kill the other mercenaries.

Go back to the Vast Interior and the path behind and to the left of where Sunderman was. Rest with Qianne first if need be.

MAP - Old Slave Block

-SS. Do not attack the Murdens.

-Go down the hall to the final prison before the stairs.  SS. Pass the check to open the gate. (Lie) to tell the Memovira henchmen the coast is clear so they get killed by the Murdens.

-Go down the stairs.  SS.  Pass the checks to open the gate and push Shinwise back into the room.

Go through the portal at the maw in the back.

MAP - Murden's Treasure Vault

-SS.  Loot everything including the pickaxe.

MAP - Old Slave Block.

-SS. Attack and kill the Murdens. You may need to talk to the Translator to start the fight.  After the fight do not kill the Translator.

MAP - The Vast Interior

-SS. Interact with the cart on the left if it is sinking.  Do not help to push it out. Do not talk to the merchants.  If it is not sinking go rest with Qianne and come back.

MAP - Memovira's Courtyard 

-Tell the Decanted about the Translator. Sleep at Qianne. Talk to the Decanted to finish the quest.

-SS.  Kill waits-for-Prey.

-Sleep at Qianne.  Buy any healing items you can from Skaydi.

MAP - The Vast Interior

-Make sure the cart has completely sunk into the Bloom.  If nor rest with Qianne until it has.  You can talk to the caravan guards to verify it worked.  Do not talk to the merchants. 

MAP - Chiurgeon Slump

-Enter the portal at the maw.

MAP - Trade Post

Just enter the portal.

MAP - The Ascension 

Proceed through the map as part of the story.

MAP - Crystalline Cavern

Proceed as part of the story.  Use healing items in between battles.

MAP - The Ascension 

-SS.  Doran is near the entrance.  Choose the dialog options until you get the choice to attack.

MAP - Trade Post

-SS. Interact with the tongue cluster.  Touch the annulet.  Listen to both the nearest and distant voices.  Try to communicate and allow the Bloom to steal a memory.  Fail on purpose when you try to take control.  Let it take another memory.  Choose the option to steal the memories as the Bloom will like this.  Move the trade post.  If done right you should not need a tidal surge.

Rest with Qianne.  Talk to Dracogen near her to complete the quest.  Exit the Vast Interior map on the right side into the head.  

MAP - Shrine of Great Chila

-I would make a 2nd backup Save here.  Hopefully you will not need it but it cannot hurt. 

-SS. Talk to The Observant Speck.  Ask about the maw and feed the head of Waits-for-prey.

-SS.  There is mixed feedback online but I believe this is required.  Go into your inventory and quest items.  Hit square and X to use the Mesmeric Handle.  Pass the check to get the Transdimensional Scalpel. SS. Inspect the table.  Look more closely at the device.  Purposely fail the next test trying to steal the Merecaster.  Place the Scalpel on the table.  If you have blue/silver tides dominant the Obervant Speck just gives you the merecaster.

Enter the portal at the maw.

MAP - The Gullet

-SS. Fight the Predatory Echo's fighting each other near the entrance.

-SS. Interact with the nearby tongues.  Allow them to feed on a memory, fail the pass on purpose, feed another memory.  Do not use a tidal surge.

SS. Interact with the murden.  Pass the check.  Snap it's neck.

-SS. Go all the way to the right and interact with the tongues.  Allow them to feed on a memory, fail the pass on purpose, feed another memory.  Do not use a tidal surge.  Force the maw to reveal itself.

-Talk to Dakore to find out what the maw wants.  SS.  Talk to Siowan and pass the check to convince him to feed himself to the maw.

-SS.  Go south.  Attack Herja.

-Sleep near the maw.

-Plug all 3 holes to drain the pool.  Climb down the rope.

MAP - Nethermost Cavity

-As soon as it loads you should get a message about the Bloom quivering in excitement. 

-In my trophy playthrough the Abykos is there fighting but it did not initiate a crisis.  I walked right by.

-SS before both tongues. You have to pass the intellect checks or you will be forced to use a tidal surge.

-When I got to the heart if gave a message and it voluntarily opened.  Enter.

MAP - Heart Interior

-SS. Approach the tentacles. Do not resist. Choose the options until you see one to convey gratitude, and then choose to become the Memovira.  The trophy popped for me when I ended the conversation and approached Mazzof.

Edited by big_bob002

• 1 month later...

Hey @big_bob002, sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the site for some time.

Well, I haven't played the game for a long time so I'll try to remember as best as I can but I don't remember that trophy to be too much trouble for me. As far as I remember you just have to kill everybody you can and lie/deceive all the time.

On 10/17/2022 at 3:06 PM, big_bob002 said:

Do not have blue/silver tides dominant.  This puts the Memovira trophy in direct conflict with the A God in Human Skin and Keep your Friends Close trophies.  Plan your playthroughs accordingly.

This is weird because I got these three trophies during my second playthrough (according to the timestamps) so I can't confirm that.

But anyway, kudos for the step by step guide, I will mention it in the guide!

7 hours ago, FrenchDevil54 said:

But anyway, kudos for the step by step guide, I will mention it in the guide!

Thanks.  This trophy took me at least 20 hours over 3 playthroughs.   It's hard to say exact because the 2nd playthrough was for other trophies but the Memovira trophy still didn't pop.

The problem seems to be whether or not you need to swap the Scalpel.  People have gotten the trophy without doing it but seeing as I needed to swap it to please the Bloom enough to get the trophy I considered it part of a fool proof path.   

Great guide btw.