Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AJ_Radio

Going for platinum and 100% in 2022

19 posts in this topic

After endless conversations and countless game awards given to this “masterpiece” according to most who played it, I think it’s finally time to strap myself up and play through it. 

Slow, I know. I’m typically good at that, getting around to games long after the masses move on to bigger and better things. 

The big hurdle was online. At the time I bought this in 2015, I had very poor internet. Think of having your ISP throttle your internet and then making it difficult to watch YouTube. Yeah, it was that bad. Fast forward to 2020, I move to a new area, which still has bad internet, just not as bad as before, since I’m technically still living in the countryside. 

So the online will be the first thing I will go after, and it’s interesting because you have to play over 24 hours worth of multiplayer including completing both Hunter and Firefly journeys. There is a slight chance you can outright fail, but the chances of that happening are very slim. Many people told me there are still enough active players online so I don’t need to boost. 

Second, the main story and finally the story DLC. Pretty cut and dry list. I played through most of he story by myself on my alt account on the original PS3. The higher frame rate and resolution for the PS4 will be welcoming. 

Anything to expect? I mean, The Last of Us needs no explanation, we all know why it’s good. I’m just curious to know how the online and single player are in regards to trophies.

Play a complete story run in whatever difficulty you prefer before committing to the online multiplayer. This is the heart of the game, where it really shines, and you should enjoy it before moving to anything else, collectibles and multiplayer, trust me.

The online is a long and tedious grind, there's no real story content here you have to do two playthrough for no real reason. You may burn yourself out while going for it, so make sure you see the story to the end before.

If you're not good at shooting against players having thousands hours on this game, play medic and heal your teammates. You'll gain a lot of points this way and your help will be greatly appreciated by your teammates. It's much better to have someone backing you up in the middle of the action rather than someone rushing the ennemies without making a difference.

Also, if you have friends to play online with you, even occasionally, do it with them. It really eased the grind for me.

10 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Many people told me there are still enough active players online so I don’t need to boost.

Yeah the game is very popular and there are many veterans still active. If the fact doesn't bother you about dying very often, start it. In the beginning you will be happy to get 1 or 2 kills but it will get better over time. Just read the guide on PSNProfiles for the DLC. I quote"Basically, these trophies aren't hard at all, once you know how the multiplayer works, you will be getting 15 - 20 downs per match". I can only tell you. This is complete Bullshit. To get 15-20 downs in this times you need an experience over hundrets of hours. But for beginners i recommend to camp to become the kills. Good Hunting

7 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

Play a complete story run in whatever difficulty you prefer before committing to the online multiplayer. This is the heart of the game, where it really shines, and you should enjoy it before moving to anything else, collectibles and multiplayer, trust me.

The online is a long and tedious grind, there's no real story content here you have to do two playthrough for no real reason. You may burn yourself out while going for it, so make sure you see the story to the end before.

If you're not good at shooting against players having thousands hours on this game, play medic and heal your teammates. You'll gain a lot of points this way and your help will be greatly appreciated by your teammates. It's much better to have someone backing you up in the middle of the action rather than someone rushing the ennemies without making a difference.

Also, if you have friends to play online with you, even occasionally, do it with them. It really eased the grind for me.

The general rule I have is do the online first and foremost. Even though this is Naughty Dog and they're a reputable company, you never know what might happen.

In the past, I have always dove into single player before going multiplayer. I still do this for games I don't care about in regards to achievements, or if they even have achievements at all. As a trophy hunter, if online trophies are required for the platinum, then you have to do them at some point.

I learned this while going for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on the PS3. It's an old game, and the single player still holds up as being one of the more memorable ones in the series, but the tacked on multiplayer really put a nail in my foot, for lack of a better term.

There shouldn't be anything regarding voice chat where I have to coordinate, as I don't think the trophies are convoluted enough to where I need voice chat.

You can complete the online base plus dlc maps in a weekend rushing, or in a week-10 days playing slowly. In fact, there is no need for boosting, even the worst of players can easily get these trophies.

Multiplayer consists of a clan minigame. In every match you get an amount of pieces and supplies that vary with your performance, these supplies will be reverted into people for your clan. There is a trophy for hitting 40 people, which will happen in a few matches.

There are several ways to get pieces easily, there is a specific guide for the multiplayer portion with the methods here on the site. Basically, you can support your team instead of fighting other players, healing your allies, and giving gifts, also collecting parts around the map will help in total.

The ideal is to keep your clan small, not in the hundreds, between 30-40 is already great for managing resources. And then you can use the infamous method of quitting a few games in a row to advance the days and finish the journey faster (1 day = 1 game).

You will only be at real risk when you have no healthy people left in your clan, but everyone is hungry and sick. Then you might game over, back to day one. As long as there is at least 1 healthy person, you still recover the clan. Watch out for that.

Lastly, don't use easy missions for wars that risk 60% of your clan's population. These events will actually help you, lowering your clan which will be +100 at some point. Recruitment missions? don't give a damn, don't waste energy trying to achieve these goals. Don't spend your easy-to-complete quests like stuns, executions, gifting and healing allies. Leave those quests for the 100% risk events, those you should be worried about.

You can also abandon a bad match by pressing the PS button and closing the app to try again that same day from 0.

There's no secret, it's very easy, just a little repetitive if you don't enjoy online games.

Not sure if you're ever going to get a PS5, but probably better to play the countless other 100s of millions of games on PS3 and PS4 in the inevitable backlog first?

And then play further down the line in a couple of years, just play the superior PS5 version, which has all the shitty trophies removed and only the base game (which is the good part of the game right?)

I for one would certainly want to play the superior version of a game that had shitty pointless online trophies removed.

Edited by enaysoft

This was the first game I completed on my account, still to this day the best multiplayer I have seen on PS4, really fun to play so I do not get the hate for it, story is obviously great as well for the most part.

I recommend going for the story first, you will be a liability to your team for several hours if you start out in multiplayer, and a few matches during the later days you need to win or your entire metagame population dies if I remember correctly, destroying your progress for that faction. The single player trophies are mostly like Uncharted lists, gather collectibles, finish the game on all difficulties etc, nothing special about it, thankfully no speedrun, highest difficulty is a lot more balanced than brutal in Uncharted, even is fun sometimes if you do it legit because the game actually has to be played differently, can easily be cheated via the new game plus trick to make it a hell of a lot easier though if thats not your thing.

The online trophies aren’t too bad. You’ll have to play through two separate 12 week “journeys” in multiplayer, which consists of completing and/or quitting out of 84 games per faction (Fireflies and Hunters). One match = one day. If you quit out early, it’ll still count towards your days, which is convenient if you want to play the online portion for as little time as possible. The rest of the misc. online trophies are self explanatory. 

I wouldn’t recommend quitting out of a game if you:

1. Think you’re going to lose all of your survivors. Quitting a game will decrease your survivor count. (I probably wouldn’t quit out if I have less than maybe 10 healthy survivors, just to be safe).

2. Think you’re not going to complete a mandatory mission task (they require you to perform certain kills or actions in matches). Be sure to complete mission tasks with a 100% chance to wipe your survivor count to 0, you’ll start getting those around week 10(?) or so. I can’t recall, but they pop up in the latter half of your journey. The earlier tasks you receive will only take a fraction of your survivors, not all. 

It’s also good to note that closing app mid-game can save you from failing a mission task/losing survivors if the game is going bad for you or if it’s your last game before a mission task screws you. 

For the single player, there’s a difficulty glitch that could be used to take away the need for a Grounded playthrough I think, but I’m not familiar with the logistics. Forums might have some videos and info on that. All collectibles can be gotten on any difficulty, so you could do the difficulty glitch to save yourself headaches if you wanted to go that route. It’s definitely one of my favorite games on the PS4, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Be prepared to get your ass handed to you in matches. The players still playing this game now are most likely pros and will mop the floor with you in most cases (unless you're good at third person shooters). That being said, you don't need to be as good as they are. As long as you focus on collecting parts during missions and completing whatever mission task you choose, you should easily be able to finish the base game trophies (not sure if the DLC trophies that were present in the PS3 version are back in the PS4 version, but if they are, they're really easy, just needs boosting and can be finished very quickly).

I recently cleared up all the online stuff and it's not that bad tbh, if you really wanted to you could easily skip 3 days in a row of matches and still be fine

the online is grindy and repetitive but it's kind of fun as well as you slowly get better and learn what to do

I did all the online trophies required for the ps3 version's platinum in like 3 days. It's actually very easy. A month or so later I went after the PS4 version and 100%ed it in 5 days. 

I kept averaging 12 plus kills each game but even if you suck at killing you can always become a healer and you'll get lots of XP by just sticking to the pro's asses and patching them up. This is what I used to do whenever my team was already winning and the pros kept ravaging the other team, not letting me kill anything. 

I actually had a lot of fun with multi-player. The pros used to love me since they were basically immortal with me around. Combat medic is the best XP wise, although you can be exclusively a medic and still get a decent amount of XP. I didn't have to boost once. 

For the Grounded DLC you need to beat the game on Grounded (duh) and then on Grounded+, adding several hours to your completion, however, there's a way to trick the game so you only have to deal with Grounded once. (You still have to beat Grounded+ legit , tho):

Also, fighting the Bloater as Ellie is the hardest part of the game, but there's a cheeky way of one-shotting him, turning the hardest part of the game into a joke:

All in all, it's an easy platinum and an easy 100%. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
Checked my stats.

For the multiplayer, I highly recommend joining Suffocationgr's long-running and well-renowned playgroup/session that's renewed week after week in the Boosting Sessions section of this very website - he helped me on my journey to the 100% and made the multiplayer completely painless in the process.

Good thing I saw this thread as I'm planning on going for the 100% as soon as I'm done with the FF 7 Remake.

I'm currently on this very journey. I got my first trophy for crafting every item 4 years ago and then moved onto playing something else.

With the release of Part 1, it kinda gave me a kick up the backside to go for the Platinum in the remastered version.

Did my first run on Easy and did all the collectable trophies I could. Now I'm doing a Grounded+ run thanks to the glitch that's referenced in this thread - so far so good :)

After completing Grounded+, I think I'll join a boosting session for the multiplayer trophies before rounding things out with the Left Behind DLC.

I'm almost done with the 100% and all I can say is that this was way easier than I expected it to be.I followed @Optinooby's platinum walkthrough and started my first playthrough on grounded difficulty, followed by the grounded+ one, in which I got the rest of the trophies that I was missing.For the online part I was sure I will need to boost all the DLC trophies, but after playing for a couple of hours I realized that they weren't as difficult as I thought and the online is really fun and got all of them by myself.If you follow a decent guide, the platinum is obtainable in 2-3 days.As I'm writing this, I'm on week 12 of my Firefly campaign and as soon as I finish it I'll get the plat.

Edited by NorthPaul93

4 hours ago, crouchingotter said:

Just completed Grounded+

Now, onto the multiplayer grind! Wish me luck :)

multiplayer isn't so bad tbh, I did it not so long ago

good luck :)

I went for 100% this year and never played TLoU before.

Multiplayer is alive and I had no issues to find games and have to say the MP trophies wasn't bad at all; took only few days to complete, but it was repetitive and boring towards the end tho.

When you get a hang of it the trophies are simple and easy enough to earn without boosting.

Also skipping days makes the Firefly and Hunter Journeys much quicker and less tedious.

Grounded Mode was challenging, but not overly difficult when you have a decent strategies, stealth most of the areas and save ammo for the biggest/hardest fights.

There was maybe 3 encounters where i was stuck hour or 2.

Very good game and im glad I finally decided to give it a try in 2022.

Good luck on the Platinum/100% hunt.

Edited by TuomasH92

super annoying

I had to replay the game on easy mode to get the trophy for all weapon upgrades, I just made it up to the final worktop to upgrade everything and I stupidly missed the flamethrower, so now I have to play from a few chapters back and do it again 😒 would be way easier if you could go back to a previous chapter and grab the weapon, then load the other chapter with the weapon available, but nope