Sony cant be consistent at all

willows_blessing

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yes I do.

And that is exactly the point.

The TITLE was the problem, and so the TITLE was what was changed.

The GAME was not.

I'm not sure why you are hung up on the Item codes?

European releases of games have different item codes from American releases in a lot of cases... it's still the same game though.

I don't know...Sony had to have some issue with the game. It was delisted from the NA store, got its name change, but was never relisted on the NA store (you can't buy an NA version of Slyde). The problems didn't even start until someone brought up that the devs basically posted a Platinum guide on Facebook showing exactly how to complete it. There was definitely more odd controversy there than just the weird title. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Viper said:

I don't know...Sony had to have some issue with the game. It was delisted from the NA store, got its name change, but was never relisted on the NA store (you can't buy an NA version of Slyde). The problems didn't even start until someone brought up that the devs basically posted a Platinum guide on Facebook showing exactly how to complete it. There was definitely more odd controversy there than just the weird title. 

1000 Top Rated was the easiest platinum back in 2017 when it released, but was taken down after only a day due to false advertising. 

Didn’t know about Slyde being delisted, since that was for a long time the easiest platinum outside of Japanese visual novels for the PS Vita. 

Even Ratalaika took a lot longer to earn those platinums.

Obviously there are very strong views on this and I know I’m not clued in as most. But essentially I read through lots of threads like this and I find myself constantly thinking the same thing....why do people care so much? I mean surely there are enough things in life to stress us out. Why does anyone care if other people like just purchasing games to buy trophies? Like why does it matter? 

I personally would never never buy or use any of these games. We all have our own moral compass and perspective on the world and in terms of trophy hunting/collecting no doubt we all have our own made up rules we follow. Me for example, usually won’t play or plat a game unless I can have the hard copy. The age I am I guess I come from a time when if I couldn’t hold it I couldn’t have it and that has rooted itself. I wouldn’t want games like my name is mayo on my record. Not because anyone else looks at my record and judges, but because of my own judgements in it. But that’s just my preference and view and I wouldn’t look differentLy or down on anyone else, I just don’t want platinums that I personally don’t view as a ‘real’ game. But I make no judgement of others or why the game exists. I understand my view is just that, a view, and not the gospel on how the world should be. What I call a ‘real’ game is just a manifestation of what games have come to mean to me growing up. It has no business being terminology I throw at anybody else.

my young son on the other hand loves this stuff. He loves the idea of being able to get a plat in an hour, and I mean he loves it. And if I was a 9 year old growing up now playing games maybe I would too. So it’s horses for courses surely. Why is the passion so strong that people feel these games should be stopped in some way? Is it for me to pass my perspective onto my son and tell him he doesn’t play ‘real’ games and has a trophy list I’d be embarrassed about? Of course it isn’t. He has fun, he plays his way, with his own ‘rules’ being grown as he grows up. 

If you don’t want these games, don’t buy/play them is my view.Why are you so upset that other people love the easy plat and just love sucking them all up as quickly as possible? It seems like some people are just too up in other people’s faces about how they game and what they like. I for one think just let our brothers and sisters play anyway they like, with any game they like. it literally doesn’t affect you how someone else’s profile reads. Literally no effect at all, so why the anger? People aren’t playing these trophy games to annoy you. They just doing what you do when you are playing your way. Having fun and relaxing with their PlayStation.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 0:33 AM, PotrikBerger said:

Obviously there are very strong views on this and I know I’m not clued in as most. But essentially I read through lots of threads like this and I find myself constantly thinking the same thing....why do people care so much? I mean surely there are enough things in life to stress us out. Why does anyone care if other people like just purchasing games to buy trophies? Like why does it matter? 

I personally would never never buy or use any of these games. We all have our own moral compass and perspective on the world and in terms of trophy hunting/collecting no doubt we all have our own made up rules we follow. Me for example, usually won’t play or plat a game unless I can have the hard copy. The age I am I guess I come from a time when if I couldn’t hold it I couldn’t have it and that has rooted itself. I wouldn’t want games like my name is mayo on my record. Not because anyone else looks at my record and judges, but because of my own judgements in it. But that’s just my preference and view and I wouldn’t look differentLy or down on anyone else, I just don’t want platinums that I personally don’t view as a ‘real’ game. But I make no judgement of others or why the game exists. I understand my view is just that, a view, and not the gospel on how the world should be. What I call a ‘real’ game is just a manifestation of what games have come to mean to me growing up. It has no business being terminology I throw at anybody else.

my young son on the other hand loves this stuff. He loves the idea of being able to get a plat in an hour, and I mean he loves it. And if I was a 9 year old growing up now playing games maybe I would too. So it’s horses for courses surely. Why is the passion so strong that people feel these games should be stopped in some way? Is it for me to pass my perspective onto my son and tell him he doesn’t play ‘real’ games and has a trophy list I’d be embarrassed about? Of course it isn’t. He has fun, he plays his way, with his own ‘rules’ being grown as he grows up. 

If you don’t want these games, don’t buy/play them is my view.Why are you so upset that other people love the easy plat and just love sucking them all up as quickly as possible? It seems like some people are just too up in other people’s faces about how they game and what they like. I for one think just let our brothers and sisters play anyway they like, with any game they like. it literally doesn’t affect you how someone else’s profile reads. Literally no effect at all, so why the anger? People aren’t playing these trophy games to annoy you. They just doing what you do when you are playing your way. Having fun and relaxing with their PlayStation.

This is a trophy hunting community first and foremost. People do care... if you don't care about trophies, then why are you here? You're just wasting time.

Even if this was still the old days of trophy hunting I still wouldn't buy a lot of games because they simply wouldn't interest me at all. Fighting games like Street Fighter for the most part I don't like and therefore won't bother playing them.

Your son has a completely different perspective from what we had to put up with as kids. This is a new generation and a new era. This is no longer the days of 'NES hard' games where you'd be incredibly lucky to even make it past the first couple levels because of how broken and awful some of those old games were. The lack of guides and lack of internet added an aura of mystique surrounding these games. That is something that is no longer possible because for the most part any game, even that old obscure game you grew up with, somebody has already made a video on YouTube detailing how to beat the game and what all the different endings are.

The standards have been lowered. And I'm not just saying that regarding trophies, every entertainment medium has been altered and changed to cater to kids. Why do you think so many older people complain about Disney Star Wars, but the kids absolutely love it? It's because those kids never knew or experienced any of the old stuff. It's the same thing with your son. He's 9 years old, he's inexperienced and he doesn't know anything about the PS3 generation of games and before. When I was 9 years old, we had to push ourselves to finish Goldeneye 007 and Mario Kart 64 on the Nintendo 64, and that was all you got. There were no free passes, you didn't have your hand held, which your 9 year old son has limitless options because there are so many more games out now.

When your son reaches my age (34), he is going to complain and bitch about the new generation of games. But right now, he is having the time of his life, just like I did with old Nintendo games like Super Mario 64 when I was his age.

I don't view games the same way young children do, and that's perfectly normal. Just like how my Baby Boomer parents thought Super Nintendo games were a complete waste of time and we were 'wasting our childhoods' on dumb music and video games.

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I think the answer to this is both simple and complicated, and varies a little bit from person to person. But imo, the gist of it is this:

Trophies were intended to be achievements and badges of honour, as well as a digital record of one’s gaming history. The platinum trophy used to be a coveted prize that would symbolize a player’s hard work, skills, dedication etc. in completing most/all of what a game had to offer, and adding one to your profile was a point of pride for gamers who went that extra step to obtain it.

There has always been a social and competitive component of trophies and achievements baked into the bedrock of the system, and that is what gave these “meaningless” little digital pixels a collective sense of worth and value, recognized and understood by everyone who engages in this hobby. I mean stop and think for a moment, this very site we are debating this on right now was created entirely for the purpose of tracking people’s PlayStation achievements and creating a competitive leaderboard. We wouldn’t be here otherwise.

That spirit of competition and wanting to measure one’s self against your peers has always been a fundamental part of trophy hunting, and always will be.

Why else do you think people are buying multiple stacks of these flaming dumpster fires that pass as games and adding hundreds of trophies to their profiles every day? Do you think they do this out of a genuine love and passion for these games they’re playing? Of course not. If that was their aim, they would certainly be playing any of the endless number of incredible games out there. They do it for leaderboard ranks, for the validation and recognition they get from their peers and fellow trophy hunters, and because ultimately they want to collect thousands of shiny platinums on their profile because of the social value we’ve all placed on them.

You used your son as an example and said he loves being able to earn a super easy platinum in like an hour. I’m curious, have you ever asked him why he enjoys this? Of course I don’t have a window into his mind but I’d bet the bank that whether he even realizes it or not, it’s because he knows that there is a certain social prestige that a platinum trophy carries in the world of PlayStation, and so it feels good to see his platinum count go up after playing one. My younger brother is very much the same way,

To answer your overall question, I think the reason a lot of people have such strong feelings about this topic is because they can’t stand seeing the way the trophy system and the addiction of top trophy hunters has been exploited by all these shovelware companies that have flooded the market. They can’t stand the fact platinum trophies have lost so much “value” at this point because literally anybody can amass hundreds of them per year without any kind of skill, effort or even time required whatsoever. And it’s hard to watch something you love change so drastically in such a short period of time I guess.

These days the platinum trophy has basically been reduced from a prestigious prize for those players who went above and beyond, to a participation award that everyone can get for a mere $1 and 90 seconds of your time. In a lot of people’s eyes, the rise of this shovelware industry has really ruined this hobby and made the whole concept of hunting trophies a complete joke. And I think that ultimately a lot of people feel like it devalues the years and blood sweat and tears they spent building up their own profile and collection of platinums of which they were quite proud of.

At the end of the day, your perspective is totally valid and I agree with just about everything you said. It is absolutely true that each person’s trophies and gaming journey is ultimately their own, and it will always mean infinitely more to each individual than it ever will to anybody else out there. But it’s still naive to act like the issue is that simple because there is a lot more to it than that. People wouldn’t feel so strongly otherwise.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I’ve ranted and debated this topic on the forums several times in the past and I don’t really have the energy for it anymore. But I’ve personally felt that bitterness and frustration watching the hobby drastically change over the past few years, and it’s been a bit of a slow road making peace with the way things are now, so I thought maybe I could offer you some insight into the perspective you were asking about. If you made it this far, thanks for reading! 1f642.png

This is ultimately the social media world we live in now. I encounter people every single day who are just on Instagram and Twitter to gain attention and gain likes. They aren't authentic and they aren't really being themselves, they're just selling themselves to gain attention.

Unfortunately trophy hunting for numbers is ultimately pointless because this is a far more niche community. If this was YouTube, then I'd see more of a point. You have to follow the latest trends and capitalize by being there at the right place at the right time. That was how PewDiePie became the #1 YouTuber. I don't like him, I never did like him, but he capitialized off the system he was given because he was one of the first people to do it. Ask iJustine and Ray William Johnson how they got their fanbase.

Despite having tons of shovelware, I can respect Hakoom because he's been trophy hunting since the very beginning. But even I noticed he has slipped off from competing on the leaderboards. He's older now as I see grey hair forming on his head, as opposed to his old content from over a decade ago when his hair was practically all brown.

Play what you want to play, and have fun at it. Our trophy profiles should be a measure of our failures and successes, and this is just a fact of life. You can't succeed at everything, and great success requires a significant amount of work and effort. Not everybody can do it, and those who achieve that high level mark like @Floriiss and @TheYuriG get the utmost respect from me. Impressive trophy profiles that took a huge time commitment and a good deal of skill and dedication.

• Like 3

@dieselmanchild yes, I made it all the way through lol

a considered response which I appreciated reading back. Insights into this being something some people loved and seeing it change was interesting to read, I hadn’t thought about it in that way. The only thing I know your are dead wrong on is my sons awareness of social prestige and trophies. That’s just a hard no. That aspect has no significance for him. He just purely enjoys collecting the trophies, just as he does football cards and stickers. He has no circle of friends either on line or real life that even talk about PlayStation and trophies. It’s much more internal as to why he likes it.

Interesting to read your thoughts though dude. It’s also  interesting that Ive never once thought of this site as a competitive leaderboard. It’s certainly not the reason I joined up, and I can’t think of a single time I’ve ‘measured’ my profile against anyone else’s. I’ve just never interacted with psn in that way. I can’t be alone with this? Maybe it is naive, I don’t take that personally, like I said in my post, this isn’t an area I’m that educated in. Clearly. But I can’t believe that the millions of members of this site are all approaching it with a competitive mind set and constantly comparing their profiles with others. Maybe I am the exception and not the rule? 

I joined initially because of the personal stats I could see gathered all in one place. One stop shop where I access to all kinds of interesting information about what I was playing. It was a good year or two before I even realised there was a forum area, and this came to be the main reason I return weekly to this site. The help, advice and exchange with completing games. And people are so friendly and so keen to help. It was refreshing. It was amazing and so valuable in a time saver way as I got older. But never once have I thought about this site as competitive. I say that as genuinely and earnestly as I can. Maybe that’s why I struggle so much with people acting as gatekeepers to what ‘should’ and ‘should not’ when gaming. When the oddocassion arrives where I’m Viewing others profiles, it’s much more about me being nosey and curious, not really any measuring going on beyond a mild interest of whether we play the same type of games. But in all honesty, I’m pretty selfish and a mild narcissist. 95% of my time is spent pouring over my own profile and looking at forums for the games I’m either playing or have finished. I have very little interest in other people and their personal gaming habits lol

one thing for sure, the significance of trophies and what they represent to people are vastly different from individual to individual. I just have a problem with others imposing their views and values as though it was wrong to think differently to them. To game differently to them. I have no problem with people who are competitive with their stats, but just don’t be telling me or anyone else that we are wrong to not give those things a second thought. It’s not wrong to be different.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is ultimately the social media world we live in now.

Agreed, I think what is happening in this community over the last few years is just a reflection of what is happening all across society in this highly digitized and technological world we live in now.

Everything happens at such a fast pace now, and people have become so accustomed to instant gratification in everything they do and it’s had a drastic effect on life overall. I mean you have the entire Gen Z TikTok generation who we now know based on numerous studies that the reward systems and pleasure centres in their brains are quite literally being rewired and permanently altered based on spending thousands of hours on that app. And this sort of this has a very broad effect on human behaviour and society overall.

I think this mentality just bleeds into everything else we do. Take trophy hunting for example, I’ve seen so many people start this hobby with so much enjoyment and passion, and then just gradually lose the spirit in which they started this hobby in the first place as they become so gripped with just unlocking as many trophies as possible, even if they aren’t enjoying the games they are playing to do so. A lot of them, like Hakoom or Platinumbro, eventually come to the realization like, what the hell am I even doing this for when I’m not even having fun doing it?

12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Play what you want to play, and have fun at it. Our trophy profiles should be a measure of our failures and successes, and this is just a fact of life. You can't succeed at everything, and great success requires a significant amount of work and effort. Not everybody can do it, and those who achieve that high level mark like @Floriiss and @TheYuriG get the utmost respect from me. Impressive trophy profiles that took a huge time commitment and a good deal of skill and dedication.

I will never be anywhere near as good or skilled as someone like Floriiss or YuriG, or even you AJ, but I admire you guys a lot. I see guys like that as true trophy hunters, the ones who are really carrying the torch for the spirit of this hobby, who chase that coveted prize and will overcome any challenge or obstacle thrown in their way in order to do so. You all have amazing collections of games. I just wish the truly amazing people like Floriiss and YuriG got a lot more recognition for their accomplishments, they certainly deserve it.

7 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

@dieselmanchild yes, I made it all the way through lol

a considered response which I appreciated reading back. Insights into this being something some people loved and seeing it change was interesting to read,

Change is an inevitable part of life, but change can be hard. And I personally struggle with it. I’ve had a lot of things in the past that I’ve fallen in love with, hobbies I’ve taken up etc. only to watch them change drastically in a short period of time to the point where they become unrecognizable. And that can be hard to accept. I know a lot of people feel the same way, why else would nostalgia be one of the most powerful human emotions?

I only started trophy hunting 5 years ago or so but it’s staggering just how much this hobby has changed within that time frame! It’s actually crazy. When I first started out, most hardcore trophy hunters knew the notorious easy games/garbage games/whatever by name because there was so few!

I really wish I’d been around in the good old OG PS3 days when trophy hunting was in it’s infancy and really taking off, but I’m a late bloomer when it comes to gaming. I joined this community right as it was on the brink of undergoing great change and watching that transformation happen has been difficult to reckon with at times.

7 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

@dieselmanchild

Interesting to read your thoughts though dude. It’s also  interesting that Ive never once thought of this site as a competitive leaderboard. It’s certainly not the reason I joined up, and I can’t think of a single time I’ve ‘measured’ my profile against anyone else’s. I’ve just never interacted with psn in that way. I can’t be alone with this? 

You definitely aren’t alone in this man, I’m sure there are tens of thousands of people who feel the same. Just like you said, the significance of trophies and what they represent varies from individual to individual, and the same goes for a community like this.

I tried my best in my response to offer what I feel is kind of the essence of the bitterness and opposition so many people have to the changes in this community and rise of the shovelware industry, but it’s impossible to speak for so many people. And I might even be dead wrong, who knows? My thoughts are mostly based on my own feelings, and put together from reading the countless threads and debates and posts I’ve read on this subject over the years.

I also think that social/competitive spirit I spoke about is very different from person to person. For myself, I consider myself to be a passionate gamer and trophy hunter, but not necessarily a very skilled one, especially when compared to so many others here. A lot of people here, especially the shovelware gamers we are talking about, have a very intense focus on competition and climbing the leaderboard ranks. Others like myself could care less really.

I love looking (let’s be honest - creeping?) at other people’s profiles and following what all my PSN friends are doing, but for me it’s never really been about real competition — ie. trying to beat them, get more trophies than them, play harder games etc. For me it’s always been more about finding inspiration and motivation, and the camaraderie and brotherhood. I use my love for hunting trophies as a way to expand my gaming knowledge and experience, always trying new things, new genres, new challenges, maybe something a little outside of my comfort zone. And that social aspect is a huge, huge thing for me.

Earlier this year I was invited to a group chat of likeminded people on PSN called True Gamers. AJ Radio is also in it actually. We are all pretty hard core trophy hunters in this group, but I’ve come to love this group of people dearly because it’s clear that each one of them is really a gamer before trophy hunter. Nobody is focused on earning trophies just for the hell of it, it’s all about playing, discovering, and sharing amazing games with each other, with the hunt for the trophies in those games second. And of course, sharing our accomplishments, supporting and motivating each other and whatnot.

For me, from the beginning of my journey, this spirit has always been, and always will be, what fuels my passion for this hobby and drives me forward. I’m grateful to have found some people who are of the exact same mindset and share the same ideals. I participate in a lot of group chats but this one has quickly become a favourite for that reason.

Anyways, I’ve blabbed on long enough. Thanks so much for reading and sharing your own thoughts brother! I really appreciated reading what you have to say and your perspective on everything, and I hope I could offer a bit of insight into some of the things you asked about. Like you said, there’s nothing wrong with being different and I think it’s good to always be receptive to dialogue from people who think differently than you and have different opinions. 

Have a great day my friend. ?  ✌️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Agreed, I think what is happening in this community over the last few years is just a reflection of what is happening all across society in this highly digitized and technological world we live in now.

Everything happens at such a fast pace now, and people have become so accustomed to instant gratification in everything they do and it’s had a drastic effect on life overall. I mean you have the entire Gen Z TikTok generation who we now know based on numerous studies that the reward systems and pleasure centres in their brains are quite literally being rewired and permanently altered based on spending thousands of hours on that app. And this sort of this has a very broad effect on human behaviour and society overall.

I think this mentality just bleeds into everything else we do. Take trophy hunting for example, I’ve seen so many people start this hobby with so much enjoyment and passion, and then just gradually lose the spirit in which they started this hobby in the first place as they become so gripped with just unlocking as many trophies as possible, even if they aren’t enjoying the games they are playing to do so. A lot of them, like Hakoom or Platinumbro, eventually come to the realization like, what the hell am I even doing this for when I’m not even having fun doing it?

That’s the thing though. Technology has subverted an entire generation to where traditional male roles are few and far between. My generation has a hand in it as well. 

I grew up, lived and breathed the internet as a kid. But why am I not as perverted as the Gen Z TikTok generation? It’s because I still had an outdoor life. Limited dial-up was awful, but it taught me to be appreciative. We also had no smartphones. We had at best flip phones, which were bad for viewing websites so you had to access a laptop or desktop to access the web. 

Everything took more effort. That’s the difference between 2005 and 2022. The emo trend was cringe at times, but give me emo any day over these disgusting trends that young people are into today. 

Convert this to five minute gotcha platinums, and here we are today. 

I wish Pokémon was on Sony. Collect all those Pokémon for trophies and compete against Pokémon trainers, I’d be all over that. 

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Change is an inevitable part of life, but change can be hard. And I personally struggle with it. I’ve had a lot of things in the past that I’ve fallen in love with, hobbies I’ve taken up etc. only to watch them change drastically in a short period of time to the point where they become unrecognizable. And that can be hard to accept. I know a lot of people feel the same way, why else would nostalgia be one of the most powerful human emotions?

I only started trophy hunting 5 years ago or so but it’s staggering just how much this hobby has changed within that time frame! It’s actually crazy. When I first started out, most hardcore trophy hunters knew the notorious easy games/garbage games/whatever by name because there was so few!

I really wish I’d been around in the good old OG PS3 days when trophy hunting was in it’s infancy and really taking off, but I’m a late bloomer when it comes to gaming. I joined this community right as it was on the brink of undergoing great change and watching that transformation happen has been difficult to reckon with at times.

I played Skyrim when it came out in 2011. Bethesda is a completely different company now to the point where I no longer support it. 

You can still play those OG PS3 games, there just aren’t as many online games available since the servers for them got shut years ago. 

I plan to play Sonic Unleashed fairly soon, which is a game released in 2008. 

• Like 2

Well, I really disagree that it's the kids these days or something something about society going downhill.

It's just the meta.  Sony has set up a system where doing this works the best to get your score up the fastest and so, some people will do it.

The main ways this can change:

(1) Sony can change it outright if they want in either small ways (reduction in number of games like this getting added to the store) or drastic ways (redoing the trophy system in some way that doesn't reward these games much or at all).  Maybe if the practice gets more predatory there might be some outside pressure on Sony to do something.  It would probably have to get much much worse for that, but we're just talking hypothetically here.

(2) Trophy sites can de-emphasize or even replace the regular leaderboard in place of something else which doesn't give the edge to games like this.  Or perhaps remove the leaderboard entirely or something.  Just about anything on that end that would remove the incentive could change people's behavior.

Of course neither seems very likely.  But, I'll tell you what certainly won't work.  Guilt-tripping everyone in to avoiding it.  Sure, a few people will change here or there, but there will always be enough people following the meta.  Because it works.

• Like 1

To me personally, as someone that has never cared about leaderboards but is still affected by the influx of easy games, the following is what helps: 

• Enable PSNP+ and merge stacks of any game. This more often than not results in 10 different insta-plat games being displayed on the front page, but I still prefer that over 9 stacks of the latest Jumping game. 
  • Figure out why you hunt trophies in the first place. If it's the leaderboards, deal with the fact that the "number's game" has changed. If it's not for the leaderboards, figure out why then. In my case: Great games and great challenges. There's still plenty of games I haven't played that offer a decent challenge if you want to 100% them. Focus on those games. 
  • In my opinion, the most important point: Find people that enjoy the same types of games and experiences, and talk to them, play games together, laugh together about "what the forums have become" and push each other to be better and overcome the next challenge. Or talk about how awesome the last AAA release was, if that's what you are interested in. 

In the end, and without being condescending, I enjoy seeing my own, small but personal profile reflecting my gaming habits more than just seeing my "numbers go up". And being a bit condescending: I can still laugh privately about profiles earning 60 non-effort plats a day. They might laugh at me for sometimes sticking with games I don't enjoy just in order to complete them. Everyone needs to figure out why they do what they do. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:
  • In my opinion, the most important point: Find people that enjoy the same types of games and experiences, and talk to them, play games together, laugh together about "what the forums have become" and push each other to be better and overcome the next challenge. Or talk about how awesome the last AAA release was, if that's what you are interested in. 

I think more people should expand on finding others who are into gaming as a whole, not just a small minority who hunt trophies. A good majority of YouTubers I've followed for years don't do any sort of achievement hunting, but they're fun to listen and quite frankly, help keep me sane as I'm surrounded by people who don't share the same interests as me.

Let's Plays don't hold water like they used to because we have moved on to livestreaming, but a few still do because they care for their fans. I followed MetalJesusRocks for a pretty long time, and he holds a great interest in gaming. Some guys I follow who don't trophy hunt have covered games that I ended up buying on my trophy account and going for the trophies, because the games looked interesting to me.

There's plenty of great communities, but the mainstream media and a small minority of vocal people would have more gullible ones believe so much is negative. Our brains are programmed to think on the negatives, but getting away from that and putting the effort to thinking positive and working to challenge yourself via motivation can mean a world difference.

I appreciate the mentions, but I'm pretty much on vacation from trophies at the moment because I got too ambitious (which is a pretty word for greedy) and I'm obsessed with making money now. I have a pretty gaming setup now with LEDs and everything, but all I can think of lately is cash. I'm probably gonna swing back around at some point in 2023 because I really enjoy gaming with a purpose, but my time right now is being heavily invested in the gym, learning music and writing code.

Shameless plug, but if you use discord, add my bot to your server so it can get verified - thanks - link below.