Don't support this.

GMVehox

12 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I find it interesting how around 4 years ago I was ranting on PST about how all the EZPZ games releasing were going to ruin trophy hunting, and everyone argued back at me saying I was wrong and nobody wanted to admit they had an addiction in collecting trophies.

Well, it's now 4 years later and people have finally started to realize it!

I'm happy that many of you have decided not to support companies profiting off addiction, but there are still many people out there who still do. I really hope that one day these types of games cease to exist, but with the current amount of people buying the same game and every stack along with it, it's still a long way away. 

I miss the days when we could rank up our trophy levels and still be leaderboard competitive just by playing normal games (maybe with the occasional "easy" game which still took 5+ hours to beat). But EZPZ has completely ruined that. :( 

I agree. For me personally, I think EZPZ has been a good thing long term, since originally I was quite into playing games and only on Playstation to you know, keep up my trophy level with my friends, but having all these shit easy games and my friendly rivalry was instantly gone, I was never into the leaderboards anyway, but it's kind of made me just not care about it anymore and then play at my own leisure, which actually is way better.

Made me realise that trophies were having an effect on my gameplaying, still does to a slight extent (such as high percentage) but no way near as much before. I can now play stuff on PC or games that I already have 100% on and have no cares in the world, since well, playing games normally 24/7 or not at all, there is virtually no difference and it's impossible to "keep up" with all the EZPZ shite going on.

I only have one shit game on my profile which I regret, but hey, I was a bit lax on my research, it got some fairly decent reviews and recommendations too...

Besides Jerry, being able to play VGM on the piano, that kind of skill is way more satisfying than popping a trophy eh, am I right? :) lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I agree. For me personally, I think EZPZ has been a good thing long term, since originally I was quite into playing games and only on Playstation to you know, keep up my trophy level with my friends, but having all these shit easy games and my friendly rivalry was instantly gone, I was never into the leaderboards anyway, but it's kind of made me just not care about it anymore and then play at my own leisure, which actually is way better.

Made me realise that trophies were having an effect on my gameplaying, still does to a slight extent (such as high percentage) but no way near as much before. I can now play stuff on PC or games that I already have 100% on and have no cares in the world, since well, playing games normally 24/7 or not at all, there is virtually no difference and it's impossible to "keep up" with all the EZPZ shite going on.

I only have one shit game on my profile which I regret, but hey, I was a bit lax on my research, it got some fairly decent reviews and recommendations too...

Besides Jerry, being able to play VGM on the piano, that kind of skill is way more satisfying than popping a trophy eh, am I right? :) lol

Look what I've started with this thread lol. The whole forum has gathered to discuss haha. ?

Edited by SoLiD_FLaMezZx

8 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Since @SoLiD_FLaMezZx started this thread hes already plated another 2 of these games. 

Learned his/her lession i see ?

That's not true, so please don't share fake news. I created this post 24 hours ago and my last trash platinum was over 2 days ago. Thank you.

Edited by SoLiD_FLaMezZx
  • Like 2

The Forums' hottest thread is Bitching About Shovelware!  This thread has everything:

• Rata Defenders
  • Terrible Strawman Arguments
  • Trophy Percentage Purists
  • Leaderboard Rank No-Lifers
  • People complaining that they complained about this years ago 
  • 280 replies in 24 hours because we have evolved backwards into poo-flinging monkeys
  • MTV's Dan Cortese

Stick around long enough and you'll see an invasion of Anti-Exploit Andys.  What is an Anti-Exploit Andy?  They're people who invade threads (usually for Call of Duty) who complain that using difficulty exploits make you not a Real Trophy Hunter™.  These same people also approve of the use of guides, glitches and boosting sessions themselves, without a hint of irony, creating a scenario so hilarious that Schrödinger himself would spontaneously combust in delight.  

I know that this phrase is overused a smidge, but some of y'all really, really need to go touch some goddamn grass

Edited by KimBongUn420

19 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Pertinent to the topic, ikemenzi won nearly 10k trophies in 1-2 days and regained the top spot. this is the level it got to lol.

AHAHA. That's pretty funny actually.

Imagine trolling the no2 in the world, by waiting for a while and then earning about 200 platinums in a single day. Sneak attack suckers!

You see, this is EXACTLY why the leaderboards is all nonsense.

If you're buying up and sitting on hundreds of 1 minute platinums that can be played by a chimp, and just choosing when to play them, or choosing when to sync your PS4/PS5.....who is ever technically in the lead? Your position is only as secure as the exact second when you viewed the site.

This is why in normal circumstances you should be continually playing the same game over the span of several days, or just all in 1 day. This kind of thing should not be possible.

If Ikemenzi can sync in one day, more trophy points that I've earned in all 13 years of my entire profile through regular and normal game playing.

That's an open and shut case to be honest why all this EZPZ shite has ruined, and is making a mockery of this entire "contest".

And I write contest in quotes for obvious reasons.

12 minutes ago, KimBongUn420 said:

This thread has everything:

That's not true. A thread doesn't have everything until we've determined that the 80s and 90s were better than the present.

I don't think we've brought that up in this thread yet.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

AHAHA. That's pretty funny actually.

Imagine trolling the no2 in the world, by waiting for a while and then earning about 200 platinums in a single day. Sneak attack suckers!

You see, this is EXACTLY why the leaderboards is all nonsense.

If you're buying up and sitting on hundreds of 1 minute platinums that can be played by a chimp, and just choosing when to play them, or choosing when to sync your PS4/PS5.....who is ever technically in the lead? Your position is only as secure as the exact second when you viewed the site.

This is why in normal circumstances you should be continually playing the same game over the span of several days, or just all in 1 day. This kind of thing should not be possible.

If Ikemenzi can sync in one day, more trophy points that I've earned in all 13 years of my entire profile through regular and normal game playing.

That's an open and shut case to be honest why all this EZPZ shite has ruined, and is making a mockery of this entire "contest".

And I write contest in quotes for obvious reasons.

That's not true. A thread doesn't have everything until we've determined that the 80s and 90s were better than the present.

I don't think we've brought that up in this thread yet.

I've seen the games and honestly how far we've come. There are some games that I hadn't seen before, because at this point you can't keep up with the amount. Top 100 guys have to spend hundreds of dollars weekly to maintain their positions. The #2 guy already has more than 6 thousand platinum.

a few months ago I had seen a theory/post in another forum that 8000 platinum was the arbitrary cap of this grade allowed by Sony.

If this is true, in maybe 2 months or so the system will collapse for real.

6 thousand platinum? Jesus, it looks like a hyper-inflated currency that has no value.

Edited by kevao97

26 minutes ago, KimBongUn420 said:

The Forums' hottest thread is Bitching About Shovelware!  This thread has everything:

• Rata Defenders
  • 280 replies in 24 hours because we have evolved backwards into poo-flinging monkeys
  • MTV's Dan Cortese

Stick around long enough and you'll see an invasion of Anti-Exploit Andys.  What is an Anti-Exploit Andy?  They're people who invade threads (usually for Call of Duty) who complain that using difficulty exploits make you not a Real Trophy Hunter2122.png.  These same people also approve of the use of guides, glitches and boosting sessions themselves, without a hint of irony, creating a scenario so hilarious that Schrödinger himself would spontaneously combust in delight.  

I know that this phrase is overused a smidge, but some of y'all really, really need to go touch some goddamn grass

Welcome to the discussion my friend. Let's go touch some grass together. ?

Edited by SoLiD_FLaMezZx

There's no use endlessly complaining about this. Trophy whores will be trophy whores. You don't just go to a heavy smoker and ask "Could you please quit smoking ?".

Yet the solution is plain and simple. I've said it countless times.

WE. NEED. A. RARITY. LEADERBOARD.

And it should be set as the default leaderboard of this site.

Period.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, KimBongUn420 said:

• Rata Defenders
  • MTV's Dan Cortese

Stick around long enough and you'll see an invasion of Anti-Exploit Andys.  What is an Anti-Exploit Andy?  They're people who invade threads (usually for Call of Duty) who complain that using difficulty exploits make you not a Real Trophy Hunter2122.png.  These same people also approve of the use of guides, glitches and boosting sessions themselves, without a hint of irony, creating a scenario so hilarious that Schrödinger himself would spontaneously combust in delight.  

This update brought to you by Forum Correspondent KimBongUn420, who is a proud holder of all 3 platinums of the My Name is Mayo series.  

Then you come along and join right in.  To think, it was all beneath you up until that point.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SoLiD_FLaMezZx said:

Why blocking it? There are many interesting opinions here. :)

Threads like this usually get locked or hidden long before now.  Congrats on making a topic that has avoided that (so far)!

Maybe people have loosened up some about it too.  Years ago there was a lot more anger I think as people could see where things were headed and didn't like it, but hadn't really conceded that things would get to this point.  But now, it's just so much it's hard not to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Then you come along and join right in.  To think, it was all beneath you up until that point.

I paid $15 of real money to a glorified 4chan /v/ in order to track and argue about 180x180 images.  There is nothing beneath me other than the dirt I sleep in ?

That also reminds me, I forgot to add "projecting" to that list  

Edited by KimBongUn420

12 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Um yea but it's more like a platinum popper not a platinum hunter.  I consider hunting trophies or platinums to be taking on some sort of meaning whether it be playing quality games that provide real entertainment or adding to a quality series of titles, like all the Sniper elite games, or all the Bioshocks.  Also, it could entail taking on a challenge.  Holding x to pop a bunch of trophies you are a platinum popper not  hunter.  Hunting is challenging.  People use to hunt for their food it wasn't an easy life, they worked for it.  Holding x to pop a bunch of trophies is lazy it's not hunting. 

I Played enough quality games to be in the Position to say, i dont always want do the Same thing Over hours again or sit on an ultimate Boss to train for hours and want to relax From such big games. Platinumed  Resonance of Fate few days ago and Doing 500 Arena fights for no Reason is something where I say some challanges/trophies  Are stupid. If you think platinum hunting is adding titles of Series, then you Are invited to check my profile. Like I Said they are a Little Gift for a big Game, but you dont have to play all of them. Sometimes I dont want to start the Next big Game, but like to collect platinums. I enjoy These Little games while im playing Them so Nothings wrong with it. And yes you right hunting or working for Food wasnt/isnt Easy, but sometimes a 99 Cent cheesburger from McDonalds also tastes very Good. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

2 hours ago, SoLiD_FLaMezZx said:

That's not true, so please don't share fake news. I created this post 24 hours ago and my last trash platinum was over 2 days ago. Thank you.

Dude your average completion is 82%. You will plat more of these games. So crack on with it instead of making stupid threads telling people to not support these games even tho you have suppported and funded them for years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Dude your average completion is 82%. You will plat more of these games. So crack on with it instead of making stupid threads telling people to not support these games even tho you have suppported and funded them for years.

I didn't know you can see into the future.  And why so angry? Do you wanna talk about something... are you okay?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

does anyone else not want to bother with trophy hunting anymore? Visiting the site and seeing this garbage filling up the new games section time after time is depressing.

Feels like our hobby is being invaded and exploited.

And people keep falling for it. Yeah, that’s you, the person who buys these games and supports this terrible practice.

you are the problem.

No, because there's still many good games with good trophy lists. 

And of course you can always play game for fun ?

14 hours ago, willmill97 said:

#deletetheleaderboard

#trophiesarentmeanttobecompetitiveyousillysausages

Delete the leaderboard so I don’t have to see the ugly red on my trophy card or profile. Lol green looks okay, but the red ugh. I wish we could just hide the leaderboard from our profile and cards.

literally couldn’t care less about the leaderboard, funny that someone thinks that’s the reason we’re all here. I’m here for the good profile UI and functionality, 

Edited by Elvick_