Don't support this.

GMVehox

I've always had a fascination with bad games. It's like watching bad movies to laugh at them. I've considered so many times to start blogging my reviews on them, but just never got around to it. I've E.T. for the Atari way back in the 80s to thank for this. I knew even at 3 years old that there was something wrong with that game. 

When I was achievement hunting on the 360, I was so into racking up my gamerscore to see how high I could rank on one site or another, that I nearly sent a friend of mine in England money so he could purchase and ship an EU region 360 (PAL formatted) just because there was this one game that wasn't out here in the states called "My Horse & Me 2". I still think it's one of the funniest names used for a game unironically. It sounds like it could be a Beastiality movie (which isn't funny). It's an equestrian game, which is one of the least enjoyable game genres I could think to play. I was weirdly dedicated to this idea of trying to have a game list that was heavily peppered with horrible titles that are just as horrible to play, because the reactions I was getting from my friends and family who game a lot were worth the laughs I ended up having, either just showing them these games, or ultimately playing through them whilst riffing nonstop. 

That said, clearly I do like to trophy (formally achievement) hunt, but since I switched from Xbox 360 to the PS3 & PS4, I started to shamelessly hunt less and put more time into games that really could be anything from AAA to indie releases that I find enjoyable; however, there are games that were/are so bad on the PS4, I can't help but add them to my list (depending on price as well). These bad titles, as I said, are the video game equivalent to those bad movies I'll sit through with my wife, and/or with friends, and just riff the whole time. The TV show MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000) did just that with movies that had no business being made, not even to say they're art. 

I'm rambling now, but yeah, that's my $.02 in Monopoly money on the subject. 

1 minute ago, arcanehornet_ said:

does anyone else not want to bother with trophy hunting anymore? Visiting the site and seeing this garbage filling up the new games section time after time is depressing.

Feels like our hobby is being invaded and exploited.

And people keep falling for it. Yeah, that’s you, the person who buys these games and supports this terrible practice.

you are the problem.

And yet the op as still took the time to make a thread to tell everyone not to buy it even tho hes buying every single one and people are thick enough to give upvotes for it ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yep, pretty much. I mean that's what you put to the OP and that's the solution. But if these games didn't exist there would still be a LB and it wouldn't be the joke it is today right? 

Not seeing your point here.

If these games are being made (and no you aren't going to stop them with forum threads) might as well take advantage.

5 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Yes you do you're just being obtuse. And you are not taking advantage of them dude, these devs are taking advantage of you; let's not pretend it's the other way around

A few bucks every now and then for a secure place in my countries top 1000 and rising? I dunno man seems worth it to me.

At least I still actually play real games and don't just region stack like crazy.

13 minutes ago, BennyWalton66 said:

Find a effective leaderboard progression method thay doesn't involve them and we'll talk.

Not for nothing, I don't care about these "games" or who plays them... 

...but maybe expecting a profile who's tenth platinum was 6 months ago to be in leaderboard contention with profiles that have been trophy-hunting for 15 years is a little bit strange?

I mean - it's possible for sure, but you have to ask yourself: what will you really have of value once you get there... and how much money and time will it have taken away from enjoying the games you'd really like?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cloemoester said:

I actually really enjoy the ratalaika games tbh! Fun little games! I’ve not played one in a while though. 

I have a folder with most of these in that i bought in sales but just never played, recently played a few and they aren't too bad and some aren't even easy. Couldn't play more than a few though, my brain started to melt lol. I couldn't imagine playing 1000s of them especially the tap X ones, i would go insane. 

22 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Then people complained about Breakthrough Gaming but these days they are defended because "at least it's just a dollar". Things got worse.

The only group that would defend breakthrough are the whores themselves. JK cuz it is cheaper so you spend a lot less in total on them.

I mean I still see them as easy cashgrab while I see ratalaika as "games"

The interesting part about this discussion and how it evolved is that.

People used to complain against ratalaika due to their very very easy trophy lists they implement where you dont even need to beat the game. Their first argument was based on QA testing, but then they saw a undiscovered market for this, so they exploited it.

Releasing all there small published indie games with easy as pie trophy lists to gain that extra bit of money from trophy whores / addicts. Its possible that the whores back in the day probably didnt even know that they have an addicition.

Soon sometimes you and eastasiasoft followed that same trend.

But these publisher did in the end release trophy lists were you atleast need to beat the game, which just seems to be fair. But Ratalaika mostly gets shit on because of the exploitation of the trophy lists system. 

Their games arent bad (altough cheap). Hell I even own a few ratalaika games too. 

In conclusion, competent games  bad trophy lists.

The difference between the breakthrough games, stroking animals. Animal + letter, run "games". As that these are PURELY made to sell trophies.

I mean legit, breakthrough started with a 100% list in 1 region and caught on by a 'player' why they did not make it a plat, which started all of this shabam.

2 region stacks, shovelware crap, splintered levels (instead of 1 ZJ the ball we needed 5 different levels as seperate "game") in the end they added a "challenge mode" to a few of these games which doesnt really make sense.

and just like ratalaika, we now have others that follow, they dont have the back catalogue of flash games breakthrough has. But oh man they all got the perfect formula to pump out out games faster the breakthrough. With even higher quantity (stacks)

Anyway, I will buy ratalaika stuff if Im interested in the game and the trophy list is fair. But I'll never ever buy one of these shovelware wastes of money. And Im happy more people see the light now and stop supporting this.  :P

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

I have a folder with most of these in that i bought in sales but just never played, recently played a few and they aren't too bad and some aren't even easy. Couldn't play more than a few though, my brain started to melt lol. I couldn't imagine playing 1000s of them especially the tap X ones, i would go insane. 

To my knowledge, there aren't actually any "Tap X" type Ratalaika games.

Generally, they have easy trophy lists, but Ratalaika tend to be a publisher looking for genuine good, small-scope games, and giving them porting / publishing facilities.

I don't think they have any really exploitative games.

One could argue the trophy lists themselves are exploitative (I tend to see it just as good marketing for small games,) but either way, the games are generally middling to pretty good low-budget indie fare.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Not for nothing, I don't care about these "games" or who plays them... 

...but maybe expecting a profile who's tenth platinum was 6 months ago to be in leaderboard contention with profiles that have been trophy-hunting for 15 years is a little bit strange?

I mean - it's possible for sure, but you have to ask yourself: what will you really have of value once you get there... and how much money and time will it have taken away from enjoying the games you'd really like?

Considering I have most of my favourite actual games also platinumed and most of them take a few minutes every now and then not much.

If yall don't want to be associated with them don't. It's your call but don't act like it's wrong to take advantage of a opportunity when it presents itself.

Alls fair in love and trophies.

Being guilty myself of these types of games (218 of them, give or take, unfortunately) it's been almost a year since I bought and platinumed any of this trash because I'm done supporting it. I mean, too late now, I already tarnished my profile. But at least I did stop and at least it only accounts for approximately 20% of my entire list overall. Hell, one of these cheap ass games even got me removed from the leaderboards because of the whole "Vita trick gone wrong" scenario! As you can see though, I still haven't hidden that game (evidenced by no ranking in my profile card below) because for one, I never cared about the leaderboards so fuck it and secondly, I refuse to hide a game I did legit. 

But, yeah, see what these shovelwear games cost me, LOL! ?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You saw what he said to me anyway dude, the LB is his "entire reason" for being on this site. For his place at slightly outside the top 1000 of his country he acts how he does, but if it was necessitated then I guess he'd give more time and money and more time and money to these "games" as needs be 

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

1 hour ago, TriadThunder-X said:

As in, gently caress or rub. I imagine it being a hedgehog it may not be a pleasant stroke.

Thank, now you remind me what to do when I'm back at home.

And speaking of this hedgehog. 
I think I wouldn't be that mad about those kind of games if their quality was, at least, average.
But all of those games are disgusting as fuck.
They look like they were made by 5 year old boy with atherosclerosis.
The worst part is that those games are bought in a bulk by "those who pretend to be badass but they're just easy-going".

55 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

And yet the op as still took the time to make a thread to tell everyone not to buy it even tho hes buying every single one and people are thick enough to give upvotes for it 1f606.png1f606.png

Wait - the OP buys the games

LOL.

6 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

They look like they were made by 5 year old boy with atherosclerosis.

Normally, I would play this card, but this is quite offensive to 5-year-olds with atherosclerosis.

I assure you they are as disgusted with this as you are.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, monteblommie said:

People should focus more on trophy rarity instead of trophycount.

It's much more fulfilling getting a hard as nails platinum than having 100 stroke the letter T games platted.

That's just doing the same thing though - choosing what to play based on some trophy-related metric. Picking games just because they are rare is the flip-side of the same coin that leads people to these "Stroke the Dog" type "games" - it's ignoring the quality of the game, in favour of the effect it has on a profile.

The best way, I'd say, is to just try and play games you like the look of -the same ones you would have played before trophies came into existence. :dunno:

You can still try and get all the trophies in them as a fun extra challenge, and that way, you'll always naturally end up with some rare ones, some easy ones, some right in the middle...

...and not a single one of these "games" ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Surprised that no one blames it on sony. I think there is no need to point fingers at we players, there is nothing wrong play any game for trophies. But this is new low for sony. And yes, can we have a separate leaderboard with all ezpzs removed? some incentive to dig out of a hole. 

• Like 3