Don't support this.

GMVehox

16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well...

Some folks come of the forums to find like-minded people, and find friends to add, or just have a chat about the games they are playing, or the games they love... or the games they hated!

Some use the sessions to organised boosting, or share-play, or co-op games, or just to coordinate multiplayer games.

Some use the site to generate trophy cards, or to better organise and view their trophies.

Some like to use the "fastest" boards to compete in "trophy Speedruns", or use the "series" function to see how many games in each series they can do.

Some use the site to view interesting statistics, or milestones, and see interesting data about their gaming hobby.

Some use the forums to discuss games, find out about similar games, or hidden gems, to shoot the shit with other gamers or seek out tips or tricks or strategies for tough games.

Some get gaming news on here, via the members who are most tuned into the industry, and tend to bring big news here very quickly, for an interesting discussion.

Some have checklists where they review games, or follow each other's progress in games, or use them as ways to see what games they might like that they hadn't considered before, and keep up with friends that way.

Some join in community events for friendly competition, or to discover new genres, or even to support charities or good causes through our collective hobby - through trophy bingo, or A-Z Trophy lists, or Ultra Rare hunting competitions, or any of the many special events the site houses.

Hell, some even use the site like a sort of gaming-focussed Facebook - posting updates and jokes, and silliness in the Off-Topic forums, or the Forum games section...

...but by all means, feel free to ignore all that, and just concentrate on the one poisoned-chalice-relic of a bygone time still limply clinging onto the site like a decrepit, diseased barnacle...

...the sodding Leaderboard 1f602.png

Ok and rising the leaderboard/completing my favourite game series is my personal goal. To achieve that I have no choice but to use these kinds of games. Not my fault.

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Dude seriously. Even when I am playing games, I'm still falling down the ranks.

I've managed to get a trophy every single day for the last 7+ years. My rank now is actually lower than when I started the streak. And that streak has included some Mayo games, some Rat games, and the like. Unless you are fully committed, you can't beat the shovelware gamers.

Oh well - it was fun while it lasted, I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, BennyWalton66 said:

Ok and rising the leaderboard/completing my favourite game series is my personal goal. To achieve that I have no choice but to use these kinds of games. Not my fault.

Increasing in the leaderboard ranks and completing your favorite games are not the same goal. 

It isn't your fault for how the leaderboard operates, but it is your fault if you amuse it.

9 hours ago, SoLiD_FLaMezZx said:

You know... the leaderboard pressure, sometimes because I'm bored. Can't really explain it. Also because i have the feeling that I need this Platinum in my collection. Different things, but all useless.

That's pathetic.  What pressue?  No one cares what rank you are.

• Like 1

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

I've managed to get a trophy every single day for the last 7+ years. My rank now is actually lower than when I started the streak. And that streak has included some Mayo games, some Rat games, and the like. Unless you are fully committed, you can't beat the shovelware gamers.

Your mistake is in thinking that them moving above you on the Leaderboard by playing these "games", is them "beating you."

In some games, the only way to win is not to play.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AvengedEvil said:

I'm just here to inform you that hedgehogs are pathogens and shouldn't be stroked at all. Consider yourself warned. ?

Yeah, I heard that they sting you and then they quickly lick the wound so that you get rabies. They are the most fatal mammals to humans, according to the WHO.

CKGNbFr.jpg

4 minutes ago, BennyWalton66 said:

They aren't the same thing.

Your 13,000th rank, no one cares, like Achilles said..."that's why no one will remember your name".

Might as well quit wasting your money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Mayo games and Rat at least are games (most of them) today EZPZ games are the jumping food and the Animal G games. There is no shame now.

25 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

They aren't the same thing.

Your 13,000th rank, no one cares, like Achilles said..."that's why no one will remember your name".

Might as well quit wasting your money.

Kind of silly to start comparing gamers with legendary soldiers. Breivik is already more famous than everybody on this site bundled together, and all he did was shooting a bunch of unarmed teenagers, so yeah.

But, giving up prematurely is a sure way to never reach your goal - just ask Frodo.

21 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

I fully support these games existing. I believe it's a handy tool to separate the sick from the healthy. If you consistently buy games like these, chances are that your hobby is slowly creeping into unhealthy territories. These titles exist as somewhat of an at-home mental health test——use it as a tool for personal reflection. Maybe that's why they make you stroke the hedgehog 2,500 times; it gives you plenty of time to contemplate what it is that you're doing with your life.

However, I don't support these games making it to the front page of new trophies, though I'm sure that system is automated. It completely clogs up the list of new games and washes out the ones that, subjectively, actually matter.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I just remember feeling a sense of shame after I played My Name is Mayo. Had to ask myself if the trophy collecting was still fun or if my OCD had gotten to the point where it was unhealthy. Thankfully the one and only time I got sucked into this rabbit hole.

5 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

What's broken about it?

At the top are mostly cheated accounts (they stay there even after the account hides all trophies) and there are many games that don't seem to count at all towards your progress on the leaderboard for some reason or another while other games do.  Basically, it's got some bugs and was never finished.

33 minutes ago, BennyWalton66 said:

If it's something I get satisfaction from it's not pointless.

here is someone who plays a lot of ezpz games, saying they get personal satisfaction from it 

and people are jumping in to say no she's wrong, because they don't like it, it isn't fun for them, so therefore it is pointless

smh

D8xzEHiXsAIRXJa.jpg

51 minutes ago, BennyWalton66 said:

You definitely have a choice. You choose to participate in a system that by your own admission “requires” gorging yourself on these “games;” by doing so - and buying/receiving/pirating/however-you-get-the-damn-things “games” of this stripe means you’re contributing to creating a demand for them - and ensuring the practice continues - which does indeed lay some of the blame at your feet. You can argue about how one person doesn’t change anything - and for the record, I think that statement does have at least some merit in some discussions - but it doesn’t alter that, regardless of the number of individuals participating in this system, those individuals existing and continuing to perform those actions - while trying to deflect and say they’re not the problem, the other 1,999 (or however many) people doing it are, they just have to do it to keep up - is the reason this continues.

Further, it feels like an attempt to claim some kind of moral high ground, which is ridiculous. One, because we’re talking about digital bling, here, not anything that has an actual moral component (at least as it applies to “trophy trash”) two, because “well, he did it first!” has never struck me as a legitimate argument for… anything, really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gommes_ said:

If it affects the hobby of others, makes the leaderboards obsolete or fills this site with crap there is a very valid reason to point that out. Playing these shit games does not happen in a vacuum.

what does any of this have to do with her personal satisfaction?