Don't support this.

GMVehox

3 minutes ago, Ashande said:

You definitely have a choice. You choose to participate in a system that by your own admission “requires” gorging yourself on these “games;” by doing so - and buying/receiving/pirating/however-you-get-the-damn-things “games” of this stripe means you’re contributing to creating a demand for them - and ensuring the practice continues - which does indeed lay some of the blame at your feet. You can argue about how one person doesn’t change anything - and for the record, I think that statement does have at least some merit in some discussions - but it doesn’t alter that, regardless of the number of individuals participating in this system, those individuals existing and continuing to perform those actions - while trying to deflect and say they’re not the problem, the other 1,999 (or however many) people doing it are, they just have to do it to keep up - is the reason this continues.

Further, it feels like an attempt to claim some kind of moral high ground, which is ridiculous. One, because we’re talking about digital bling, here, not anything that has an actual moral component (at least as it applies to “trophy trash”) two, because “well, he did it first!” has never struck me as a legitimate argument for… anything, really.

Indeed. To reflect your own responsibility is silly.

We're all part of this: Sony for not caring for any standards; the developers for taking advantage of people's addiction; trophy site owners for degenerating the leaderboards, and lastly the gamers themselves that either buy the titles inquestion or keep supporting involved trophy sites, generating revenue.

Make no mistake, we will all burn in hell.?

4 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

what does any of this have to do with her personal satisfaction?

Her personal satisfaction might be good for her (even though I doubt it) but it still affects more people than just her. For example, using drugs is a personal satisfaction as well but it does affect others :)

• Like 1

Just now, Gommes_ said:

Her personal satisfaction might be good for her (even though I doubt it) but it still affects more people than just her. For example, using drugs is a personal satisfaction as well but it does affect others :)

here we go again with the outlandish fallacies of logic 

24 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

At the top are mostly cheated accounts (they stay there even after the account hides all trophies) and there are many games that don't seem to count at all towards your progress on the leaderboard for some reason or another while other games do.  Basically, it's got some bugs and was never finished.

That's a shame as its what a lot of people want. Wonder how much effort or money it would take to sort this site out. Needs a major overhaul imo. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

And here I thought that Inksplosion (that I got for free) was a bit of a stain on my profile, thank christ I'm not as obsessed with trophies so much that i'm buying any of those trash games just to increase my trophy count.

What's wrong with Inksplosion?

Game was a'ight. Easy trophy list, but a pretty fun little game :dunno:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BennyWalton66 said:

First off She/Her please. I haven't decided on a replacement name yet.

Second what other reason is there to be here besides leaderboard tracking? I don't need it to see my trophies , I can do that on my console itself. That's why my there's such a gap between my first platinum and my recent ones. I was playing Gat out of hell casually back then and just happened to platinum it. I got into competitive trophies not long ago.

So like why else would I need the site besides rankings and as a boosting tool?

What self-righteous view on things, people are different and so are the reasons why they decide to drop by, I come here to better organize my list, see what games I have yet to play, use the really useful trophy guides, talk to nice people and so on.. the leaderboard couldn't matter less to me, specially since spamware became a thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

#deletetheleaderboard

#trophiesarentmeanttobecompetitiveyousillysausages

So people who get enjoyment from being competitive should just screw themselves? Ok bro thanks.

Imagine if I said the same thing about speedrunning or esports.

Or hell any kind of weird world record.

I get enjoyment/satisfaction from climbing leaderboards. May whatever you believe in strike me down if that's wrong.

My question when it comes to these EZPZ games is this and I think it is one of the more important things when having this discussion.  Does Sony by law have to give space to these developers on their store?  I know most people who own a business decide who's products they will sell and not sell but i think in the case of Sony and gaming  and controlling such a large part of a market they may be governed by a different set of rules where by not allowing someone on their store who meets it's guidelines they are possibly breaking a law?  

I'm not a lawyer or have no idea about these things which is why i'm asking but if Sony has no choice but to sell these games then I can see a point in time when Sony shuts down the trophy system to shut down these developers.  If that is the case then this should be our concern rather than the crappy leaderboards.  Sony will get tired of dealing with such a large amount of these crap titles on their storefront,  It's gotten out of hand and the trophy community is behind driving it.    

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No idea why but you mentioned inkplosion and my brain brought up Splatoon lol

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nothing wrong with it at all however I thought it stood out a bit as the most common platinum on my profile and the next one (that isnt a Telltale game) is almost 40% lower.

I've never competed on the leaderboards and play games that interest me (just for the record) so this hasn't been something I've obsessed over and just a mild observation, truth be told I think it stands out more being one of the few games on my profile from the NA region rather than EU.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

My question when it comes to these EZPZ games is this and I think it is one of the more important things when having this discussion.  Does Sony by law have to give space to these developers on their store?  I know most people who own a business decide who's products they will sell and not sell but i think in the case of Sony and gaming  and controlling such a large part of a market they may be governed by a different set of rules where by not allowing someone on their store who meets it's guidelines they are possibly breaking a law?  

I'm not a lawyer or have no idea about these things which is why i'm asking but if Sony has no choice but to sell these games then I can see a point in time when Sony shuts down the trophy system to shut down these developers.  If that is the case then this should be our concern rather than the crappy leaderboards.  Sony will get tired of dealing with such a large amount of these crap titles on their storefront,  It's gotten out of hand and the trophy community is behind driving it.    

Why would they care if it makes money.

Just now, Martain2 said:

Nothing wrong with it at all however I thought it stood out a bit as the most common platinum on my profile and the next one (that isnt a Telltale game) is almost 40% lower.

I've never competed on the leaderboards and play games that interest me (just for the record) so this hasn't been something I've obsessed over and just a mild observation, truth be told I think it stands out more being one of the few games on my profile from the NA region rather than EU.

Ha - well, I wouldn’t worry about any kind of “profile staining” - if you enjoy the game, it can’t be a stain.

Hell, I have The Longest Road on Earth on mine - with a terribly rare 93% ?…

…but it’s a great game, that I ended up writing extensively about afterwards. 

To me, that’s the hallmark of a “real” game:

not rarity, or length, or difficulty or any of those metrics…

…but just the question: “do I have anything to say about this game when I finish?”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Would have been a decent alternative name for Splatoon actually!

I just call it Sploon, which is just as weird.

14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ha - well, I wouldn’t worry about any kind of “profile staining” - if you enjoy the game, it can’t be a stain.

Hell, I have The Longest Road on Earth on mine - with a terribly rare 93% 1f602.png

…but it’s a great game, that I ended up writing extensively about afterwards. 

To me, that’s the hallmark of a “real” game:

not rarity, or length, or difficulty or any of those metrics…

…but just the question: “do I have anything to say about this game when I finish?”

Back in the day I was really innocent with the whole easy trophy thing and ended up buying a few Rata games, some were terrible others not so much  I kinda liked Foxland and Blasting Agent... but also got Little Adventure on the Prairie that one was really bad.

• Like 1

Fascinating thread here.

This is a bizarre debate because almost everyone is on the same side of the issue. It seems that everyone agrees that the "easy" trophy collecting is bad for the hobby overall. However, people are split on whether or not something could/should be done about it. And tangentially, whether or not a person should be 'upset' at all by it. Both of those seem like very silly hairs to be splitting IMO.

My first question is, where can I find the other side of this debate? Where is the community of people sharing their experiences of trophy hunting in hedgehog petting games? Surely there must be sites where people share which games are easiest, most region-stackable, etc. Where is it? What do these people say for themselves when asked "Why are you doing this"?

Next, I see a lot of people here with an unhealthy obsession over this, and their coping mechanism seems to be accusing other people of having an unhealthy obsession over this. That's neat. lol

Also, I'd like to address the people claiming that "just pushing X" isn't enough of a challenge to earn trophies. I'd like to know what you're playing that's so dang complicated. Personally, I just finished the platinum on Assassins Creed 2. The game is basically holding the X button and then pointing your guy in the direction you want to go. Sometimes you have to fight enemies and that entails mashing the Square button until you win. And it just gets worse from there. In AC Brotherhood, there are many fights where you *can't die*. Enemies will just keep smashing you over and over and you'll remain at 1 health forever. (I have recorded footage of myself trying to die and being unable to).

So because I did that for 30 hours instead of 30 minutes, I'm more deserving of a platinum trophy than the hedgehog stroker?? I need that explained to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

My first question is, where can I find the other side of this debate? Where is the community of people sharing their experiences of trophy hunting in hedgehog petting games? Surely there must be sites where people share which games are easiest, most region-stackable, etc. Where is it? What do these people say for themselves when asked "Why are you doing this"?

There is no "EZPZ community", these are individuals who all have one thing to say if you ask them about this, which is they don't care, they just need the points to climb the ranks.