Trophy Thoughts.

Sikutai

I like Free to play Games, but 33 Trophies without a platinum? I find that not only regrettable, but downright cheeky.

There used to be free-to-play games with platinums all the time, but not anymore or rarely? I do not understand that.

I get a platinum for petting a hamster, but not for killing a dragon.

Reach Level 100 could be very grindy.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I like Free to play Games, but 33 Trophies without a platinum? I find that not only regrettable, but downright cheeky.

There used to be free-to-play games with platinums all the time, but not anymore or rarely? I do not understand that.

I get a platinum for petting a hamster, but not for killing a dragon.

Reach Level 100 could be very grindy.

I couldn’t agree more. What I don’t get is why Sony allows games not to have a platinum. How does that benefit anyone?!?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

How does having a platinum benefit anything? It doesn't change the game at all.  

You got a platinum for "petting" a hamster because that's what you paid for; Literally bought a platinum, nothing more. Not every game developer is going to care about meaningless numbers for other people's addictions. 

I for one think the trophy list looks great. It seems like it pushes the player to try out all game modes and master them (for the win trophies), there are different class trophies, different ways to land kills, and silly trophies - To smash into a wall and die! This trophy list WITHOUT a platinum is faaarrrrr more appealing than games with a platinum that only require 10s of gameplay.

Free to Play Games: "Hey Sony, we incorporated a platinum into our game, is that cool?"

Sony: "No, no, no... People buy their platinums now, we can't let them have them for free!"

I would like to reply on this with my 3 years of experience running my own trophy guide site.

Developers often don't realise that trophies impact a (small) community like PSNProfiles. They don't realise that it has such an impact for you to play a game or not.

It's not sony's fault, they have a loose set of guidelines that developers must follow. It is however (partly) their fault that trophies lose their value with so many "easy" games releasing every day. 

• Like 3

We should start a petition or complain to Sony. We all want a platinum in this game, apparently something went wrong here. A Platinum would make this game that much better.

What was the name of this successful online site where almost every petition was a success? Something with Change.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

Developers often don't realise that trophies impact a (small) community like PSNProfiles. They don't realise that it has such an impact for you to play a game or not.

I like that you touch on the fact that trophy hunters are a small part of the gaming community. I feel most people don't realize that. We most definitely aren't entitled to any favors xD

Side note, I have used a few of your site guides. Quality work! 

• Like 1

I have played it for the last couple days and so far the only trophies that are difficult are Public Enemy and Grand Slam. Public Enemy is the easier of the 2. You just need to get 5 kills without dying and without your bounty resetting (taking too long between kills) and then either hide until your bounty resets or get another kill to reset it back to 1. Grand Slam on the other hand will require a lot of luck. You have to fly through 8 gates without getting killed and the entire other team will be trying to kill you. So you will either need a good team to protect you and/or an enemy team that doesn't know what they are doing.

For the level trophies most of the xp that you will be getting is from the daily/weekly quests as you need 50,000 xp per level and the xp you get from actually playing the matches is so little. The only level I see is related to the battle pass so I am wondering if your level resets when the new season and battle pass starts.

Also the kill 200 enemies trophy is glitched. The tracker stays at 54%.

Gameplay wise it is fun if you are playing with console players but when you get paired up against an entire enemy team of PC players it becomes agony. There is an option to disable crossplay in the settings but it didn't work when I tried yesterday.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kirijama said:

Thank you for responding to my request for information; as the game was released simultaneously on PS4 and PS5 it was however totally unhelpful and 100% inaccurate.  Does anyone have a real answer for me?

Game does not unlock any trophies if you are playing on the PS4.