PS5 Folders function

Destro_Gaming27

I'm creating this topic to see how many people are interested in the idea of having a folders function similar to what is already available on PS4s. What I'd like to do is get enough support for this idea, then we (as Sony's loyal supporters) can have folders for PS5 to use in the same way we have used folders on the PS4 to group our games together in categories of our own choosing, e.g. I have a folder with just anime games in it, like Fairy Tail and Fate/Extella Link, or even puzzle games like grouping all the POWGI games in 1 folder.

Sony does what Sony wants to do, for better or worse. Unfortunately, that often means not listening to feedback like this. I'm sure we'll get actual folders one day, but until then you will just have to make do with the pathetic solution ('gamelists') they have in place currently. 

I just want a custom tab next to the 'Games' and 'Media' tabs on the home screen. It's honestly the best solution imo. Stick whatever you want into this custom tab, call it what you want and then you could further organise the stuff within it with the use of actual folders. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

I don't care about it honestly, never used it on PS4. I usually just play 1 game at a time and 1 multiplayer game in the evenings, and while there are a lot more games installed on my system, I have zero need for any kind of grouping feature. 

same here

never understood why ppl feel the need to install heaps of games on their system that just sits there for eternity not being played

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

same here

never understood why ppl feel the need to install heaps of games on their system that just sits there for eternity not being played

Don't do this much with the PS5 with it's limited storage space. But with the PS4 (I had a 2TB HDD in it), I'd usually install a game over night with the intention of playing it the next day...then I changed my mind and install something else. But at that point it's like "well, it's installed already...might as well leave it there, I'll play it eventually". 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

same here

If I install them maybe one day I’ll actually get around to playing them

For my part I use the PS4 folders as a way to split up stuff that comes from different sources or might have time limits attached. Disk Games, PSN Games (stuff I bought), PSN+ Games (games might have an expiration date, so single them out), MMOs (I play several, keep them all in one place) and VR Games. With the PS5, I'm mostly using it to add PSN+ games I'm interested in playing later instead of mass installing crap or relying on memory.

• 3 weeks later...

Fun fact: Restoring licenses from your PSN account settings deletes all of your created gamelists.

/s

Well, that’s 2-3 hours of my life perfecting my own personal gamelists all for nothing. I’ve loathed this new feature since finding out they don’t exist locally on your PS5 with your installed games in them just like the way folders work on PS4 (heck, even the PS3 did game folders better than PS5 and that was what… Two fucking console generations ago?). Also why can’t I sort my dang gamelists and the games within them alphabetically or by file size? I place bets that even if I could my console won’t remember my sorting preferences like it doesn’t with the rest of my local/online libraries, plus when viewing my list of installed games and apps via my system storage. The PS4 can remember, why the PS5 can’t is beyond comprehension.

I use folders constantly on PS4, as well as Wii U and 3DS. I don't get why these companies give us the option (usually midway through a console's life) and can't have it available at launch on the next one.

PS5 could use folders on par or better than the PS4. Switch needs proper folders, not the half-measure introduced this year.