Recommend Similar Games?

Wow, did not expect so many replies! Really appreciate everyone's input, I will most likely be trying out EVERY GAME YOU'VE LISTED! Don't need a Platinum necessarily, at the moment I'm heavily invested in games with story telling and mystery. Inscryption was another recent one I played, though it's a card game, the story telling had me riveted.

Thanks again everyone. Very excited to try these, especially the ones that have been mentioned several times.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Fellow commenters nailed it.

•Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

•The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

•Gone Home (no platinum)

•Dear Ester (no platinum)

Was gonna say these, but to add to them,

Kona (more in depth than the others)

Virginia

Firewatch

Ether One

Blackwood Crossing

Journey

The Stanley Parable

In Rays of the Light

I Am Dead

Last Stop

The Suicide of Rachel Foster

Deliver Us The Moon

Plenty to go at dude, enjoy them.

Edith Finch imo takes some beating though, tremendous game.

Edited by Ashbo
  • Like 4

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and ADR1FT is a must. ADR1FT requires effort, will and navigational skills though.

Also I can't recommend Return of the Obra Dinn enough. That's a unique one.

The Suicide of Rachel Foster is okay.

Some of the games mentioned earlier I didn't like exactly (like Dear Esther, EGttR, Gone Home and Firewatch) but to each his/her own, I guess.

You might also enjoy Layers of Fear 1-2 as well as Observer and Blair Witch from Bloober Games. Add SOMA to that list while you at it.

The Town of Light I havent played yet, not sure if any good.

• Like 2

I'd like to suggest Road 96, like WRoEF, it consists of a collection of smaller interactive stories with varying gameplay, except the order that you get to play them in Road 96 ( to a large degree) in a randomised order. The major difference though is that there's choices and the chance of failing sections.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Do you remember the story about Milton - the boy in the family who disappeared? Well, that was a reference to Giant Sparrow's previous game: The Unfinished Swan.

Milton is who you play as in that game, and the art-style you saw in that tower is basically all references to that previous game.

MILTON?! NO WAY!! Wondered where he went when he went through the door ? Very cool, will add to the list

[EDIT: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is on PS+ so I'm starting there since I don't have to shell out extra $$.]

Edited by tranquility101
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I noticed no one nominated Murdered: Sole Suspect

A little more involved than a standard walking simulator, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Note - has a paranormal element

Dude! It's a 3rd person action adventure game. You start to walk this path... next thing you know you're playing money-matches in Street Fighter with your neighbor. C'mon, man! Focus!

P.S.

Took notice of some games I haven't played, thank you. I'll check'em up.

Edited by VegaMan-X4

11 hours ago, visighost said:

Eastshade

Hey man - that's funny, I literally just stumbled across this game the other day, and had asked if anyone knew it - I should have known you'd be the one in the know! ?

It's good then? There's something about it that's appealing to me, but I've heard very little... 

I noticed some indications it is actually a sequel to another game - Leaving Lyndow, have you played that one also?

I just wanted to say, Gone Home has the best Refrigerator, in a game, ever.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is a good game, reminds me of being back in old blighty. But man, some of the trophies in that game are very annoying and some are quite literally impossible without a guide, and you walk sooooo slooooowwwlllllyyyy.

Great game otherwise.

13 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

The Town of Light I havent played yet, not sure if any good.

Make sure you don't play that game if you're already feeling down / depressed about life.

It's a particular grim tale.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Make sure you don't play that game if you're already feeling down / depressed about life.

It's a particular grim tale.

Yeah, I'm aware it has mental health issues and abuse themes and it's supposedly based on real life events. Have zero issues to trigger whatsoever but good call/warning for those who has.

Edited by VegaMan-X4

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hey man - that's funny, I literally just stumbled across this game the other day, and had asked if anyone knew it - I should have known you'd be the one in the know! 1f602.png

It's good then? There's something about it that's appealing to me, but I've heard very little... 

I noticed some indications it is actually a sequel to another game - Leaving Lyndow, have you played that one also?

Sorry for missing your post! I’ve played both indeed. Leaving Lyndow is much shorter than Eastshade and felt rougher around the edges (I played it -after- Eastshade). While Eastshade is indeed the sequel, you really don’t need to have played the first, which is so short it’s almost a proof of concept!

Eastshade is a nice cross between a walking sim and an adventure game. You have an inventory, you interact with NPCs, and there are missions, but there is no fighting, HP, XP or anything of the sort. You mostly walk around gathering items to build canvas in order to paint landscapes, and discover the history of the land and its people… It manages to create a fairly unique world, and I did enjoy my time in the game. Be warned some people have reported save corruption issues (it didn’t happen to me), and that it can be slow (as most walking sims are?). 

Keep in mind I played it some time ago and my memory isn’t what it once was! Also, TrueA has a great walkthrough.

A few extra comments on games I saw named:

-Mundaun is a gorgeous game but be warned it has stealth elements and I really wouldn’t classify it as a walking sim. Likewise for Soma, Observer, and most horror titles that have been named in this thread.

-Town of Light is indeed super dark, and based on real events (situation in mental health hospitals in Italy some time ago). I enjoyed it but… come in warned.

-Sagebrush is a nice, short title, but it’s also very much a budget game. After WRoEF, the gap will be felt!

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1