What is this PS5 OS bug getting people flagged? How to avoid it?

iriihutoR84

Just bought a PS5 finally but I've been seeing many disputes recently where people pop PS5 trophies too close together, not because they have cheated, but because of some bug in the PS5 OS. These flags also always stick. So, in order to not lose 34,748th place on the global leaderboards, I figured I should ask if it's something to worry about.

So, why does it happen and how can it be avoided?

Edit: to give some examples:

ikemenzi's Dispute - Flagged Game Disputes - PSNProfiles

JulianoLandimII's Dispute - Flagged Game Disputes - PSNProfiles

ZN-42-VS' Dispute - Flagged Game Disputes - PSNProfiles

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Always play offline, do not sync your trophies if they will all suddenly pop out of nowhere. Delete your profile on PS5, it will wipe the trophies and set it up again. Then play (or not) the "problematic" game again hoping for normal trophy behaviour. 

39 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Just bought a PS5 finally but I've been seeing many disputes recently where people pop PS5 trophies too close together, not because they have cheated, but because of some bug in the PS5 OS. These flags also always stick. So, in order to not lose 34,748th place on the global leaderboards, I figured I should ask if it's something to worry about.

From what I understand, apparently it takes a while for the trophy system to “warm up” on PS5, and things don’t pop right in the first 10 minutes or so of starting up a game. I don’t know how accurate that is. I have personally not seen this happen, but given that my PS5 is on pretty much all day every day, I can’t say with 100% certainty that I’ve earned (or should have earned) a trophy in that 10-minute window; I feel like I have, but… ??‍♂️

• Like 1

Well this is a topic that needs talking about as this is not right at all so basically start your console up do nothing for 30 mins then hope everything is fine and proceed with your gaming. Playing offline is a shitty option and doing that stops the time played on a game from working when it wants too work lol.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

"but because of some bug in the PS5 OS"               ehhhh what?

"so basically start your console up do nothing for 3 mins then hope everything is fine and proceed with your gaming!"                ehhh what?

"apparently it takes a while for the trophy system to “warm up” on PS5, and things don’t pop right in the first 10 minutes or so of starting up a game"            ehhhh what?

I own the PS5 since Release. Popped countless trophies within seconds and minutes after booting up.

• Like 1

I think its a PS5 bug but it also depends on your account. Like having a ton of trophies or gamelist that needed syncing from the immediate turn on of a PS5. Its also possible these players with a "huge" profile has gotten their profile bugged overtime as how they play. Obviously its not thru normal casual playing to achieve such a profile. 

Might be good idea to delete profile off of PS5 and recreate it again. It could be corrupted.

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Ikemenzi's dispute

He should make a video with a game, where Cheating is a possible problem and not Rock, Paper, Scissors... an easy 1 minute Platinum game, where nobody in this whole world would say: The timestamps are suspicious.

Just now, totallycrushed said:

Yes. That’s what this thread is about too you know. Not about Xbox. Sometimes it helps to read the OP and replies.

Nah, don't even try to be cocky. The first comments don't give any info whatsoever. His words: "some bug in the PS5 OS". Is that a fact?

2 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

, but because of some bug in the PS5 OS. These flags also always stick.

Didn't they allow the PS4 bug where trophies unlock for a different game when you download multiple games at once? If that bug was allowed then this PS5 bug should be allowed.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Here we go. Your opening salvo. OP asked a legitimate question, and before anyone really had a chance to add anything to the conversation, you pop in with this lovely off-topic, needlessly antagonistic and crass statement.

First, if you’re going to quote people, quote them. There’s a function for it, which makes it much easier to follow along and lets people know when you’ve responded to what they said, so they can refute, elaborate or expand as necessary. Second, regarding my portion of that, I stated “apparently” because I have frequently heard this, and then I went on to say that I have not personally experienced it. It’s entirely possible that both you and I have just been lucky, while others have not, or that there are some kind of extenuating circumstances that have not yet been discovered (which seems kind of like the point of this thread, sorting this out.) Incredulity is not proof of anything, and an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Plenty of people in this world - that being this site/trophy hunters - can and do say just that. Do you follow the Disputes forum? It’s come up multiple times. Never underestimate some people’s capacity for being vultures, scouring profiles for something - anything - to flag in an attempt to get someone yeeted off the leaderboards. Honestly, I suspect it may even be more common with the 1-minute plats in some cases, just because the folks with a lot of those in their profile are likely the ones most invested in the Leaderboard meta, though I have no hard evidence for that.

They used the phrase “some bug in the PS5 OS” because that is the information they have, and are attempting to learn more. In essence, they’re trying to get an answer to your bolded question; if it is fact, and if so, what can be done about it.

For someone telling others not to be cocky, this is an interesting statement.

Someone (legal issue) once logged into an account with thousands of Platinums. He started a game on his PS5 and played and no trophy popped. He messaged the account owner and said: "Something is wrong with your account. I can't get the Platinums. Sorry!" The owner said: "But why though?" The "someone" guy didn't say anything but assumed, that the owner of 3000-4000 Platinums cheated his way up. 

Some weeks later these guys life paths meet again. This time the "Someone" guy tried to solve the problem. He first looked at the thousands of Platinums. And he also synchronize the account with 3000-4000 Platinums. It took a while. Maybe because of the amount of Platinums. Maybe because of different regions. US, EU, ASIA, JP Platinums... After that he tried the games and the trophies finally pop. Since then the two guys have no issues anymore.

1 minute ago, janpham said:

Someone (legal issue) once logged into an account with thousands of Platinums. He started a game on his PS5 and played and no trophy popped. He messaged the account owner and said: "Something is wrong with your account. I can't get the Platinums. Sorry!" The owner said: "But why though?" The "someone" guy didn't say anything but assumed, that the owner of 3000-4000 Platinums cheated his way up. 

Some weeks later these guys life paths meet again. This time the "Someone" guy tried to solve the problem. He first looked at the thousands of Platinums. And he also synchronize the account with 3000-4000 Platinums. It took a while. Maybe because of the amount of Platinums. Maybe because of different regions. US, EU, ASIA, JP Platinums... After that he tried the games and the trophies finally pop. Since then the two guys have no issues anymore.

Even assuming your story is intended to be true in some way - rather than just a “lol randumb!” rant in a poor attempt at trolling - then it serves as an “example” of the assumed “bug” at work, with a rationale behind it. It doesn’t prove such a “bug” doesn’t exist - which seems to be your stance, though correct me if I’m wrong - but instead presents one situation that might trigger such a bug.

Further, while I guess that’s on me since I suggested you use the Quote tool myself, I thought it was relatively implicit that you use it when referencing what you’re talking about, not just because it’s there. But hey, you do you.

• Like 2