Most annoying trophy grind?

Maceoo2011

All the Rank MP trophies for F.E.A.R 2 will make you want to stab your eyeballs.

Currently doing the Connected Careers on Madden 13 and those Legacy Points are insanely high. 8 Careers for different positions and each career is between 5 - 9 Seasons. Fun game at first but now dreading finishing it.

For me personally:

28Sc8b0a2.png

Nier

Forging Master

Just grinding for those materials hoping one of those little buggers would  drop something i needed and praying while i went digging on the beach i'd find a black pearl, or god forbid an eagle egg at the The Aerie, but ohhh the joy every time i got something i needed :wub:

34Sa89ef4.png

Final Fantasy XIII

Treasure Hunter

The only trophy between me and the platinum, i still need sooo much money to upgrade everything >.<

Mugen Souls... lots of things xD

The random drop bounty set things on uncharted golden abyss really pissed me off too ><

I forgot about this one. Another completely pointless grind. I actually did about half of it legit by driving around the map. Then several hours later, I finally caved and used the glitch for the rest. Didn't want to, but I had to.

I think anyone would honestly, surely it would save me a lot of time vs driving around without any set destination like Goekie said

BioShock Infinite

61L71ad9c.png

Blue Ribbon Champ

By far the most annoying and taxing trophy I've earned. It's for the Clash in the Clouds DLC, which is essentially BioShock Infinite's version of single-player horde mode. There are four maps with fifteen waves of enemies each. In order to get this trophy, you need to complete sixty 'Blue Ribbon Challenges' they have for every single wave on each map. 

Not only is it relatively difficult, but many of the challenges are reliant on luck rather than skill and that always brings my piss to a boil. :shakefist: The way they have it set up is very redundant too. Let's say you're trying to get the Blue Ribbon for wave 11 out of 15 on a particular map and it's the only one you need. You can't just skip ahead to that wave, you have to play through all of the other ones that are before it first. It's just way too time-consuming and it really adds to the pressure of failing.

If I didn't love the core game so much I wouldn't have put myself through the trouble lol. Needless to say it felt very rewarding when I finally got this trophy & the 100% ^_^

Level 100 on GTA Online. Doing it legit without any criminal records or anything... I eventually gave in and started doing the helicopter glitch. still only rank 92.. I'll get there some day!

Jetpack Joyride.. I don't know if I would have kept at it without buying the double coins, I'm glad I did though, was well worth it.

Oh yes! I forgot about this one! Currently trying to do this and 5 kms on the Vita AND PS3... It is very long and tedious.

Forging Master--- NIER

We're running away! We stole some gold!----One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Two luck based trophies, either you get the item you need or just keep doing the same thing over and over and over till you finally get it.  

Any online multiplayer that has you get to level 50 or higher. I've done a handful of these and if you are playing with friends or a good group they are fun but still a grind.

Right now I'm looking at Assassin's Creed 4 get to Level 55 online, and thinking what happened to just getting to level 20 in the last 2 games?? Why did they have to shoot it up that high?? The Ass Creed multiplayer was only fun for me the first time in Brotherhood now I have to grind this out or forget about my Plat :angry:

Tales of Xillia - I screwed myself over :facepalm:  and I've been grinding a while now for a couple of trophies that would've been acquired already if i have followed through ANYWAY but next play through shouldn't be to bad

Once I get the annoying trophies out of the way I should be able to get the others in a breeze (I don't mind it BUT it's VERY time consuming)  :shakefist:

I'll give you three different examples of nightmare trophy grinding.

1. Level 50 Fame on Spartacus Legends.  The details seems to be straight forward, but the amount of xp per win is very low.  A lot of battles of repeating the same tactic for days and weeks.  People who paid for xp boosters doesn't help saving time in reaching that level. I know there are some game freezing and might causes game save corruption that would make even more difficult to get it completed.   

Rich and Famous

10S10c3ac.png

Reach Level 50 Fame.

2. Getting 100% of all battle trophies in Star Ocean 4.  This offline trophy is an investment, not an easy 2 hour task.  People should approach this as a progression trophy than rushing to get it done quickly.  I'm somewhere in the low 90% of the battle trophies.  There are so many challenges (time based, exact damage, -ology type drops, and game freezing in Wandering Dungeon) that will make anyone rage and break their controller several times over.  

Ultimate Battler
39Sd6717b.png

Obtain 100% of all battle trophies.

3. Twisted Metal Online Multiplayer trophies.  The requirements are not the reason that is annoying.  It is the bugs, glitches, and horrible servers to play matches that makes it almost impossible to achieve these trophies.  I have met the requirements with 'Any car will do' and 'Another Level', but it doesn't popup.  Since there are few people playing Twisted Metal online, playing different modes besides deathmatch or team deathmatch are rare.  You got to be very lucky get these trophies to trigger.  

Point, Shoot, Kill                                                                           Any car will do
3Sb948e8.png                                                                                       4Sbe3eff.png

Kill 100 enemies with every missile during Ranked games.                          Earn 50 Kills with Each Vehicle in Online Ranked Games

Another Level                                                                              A la Mode
10S024c1e.png                                                                                       11S355d55.png

Win 10 Ranked games in each map. Map size does not matter.                   Win 10 Ranked games in each game type.

Was going to go with Civilian Casualties on RE6 DLC, but then I remembered this...which I obtained just a few ago. GTAV Online was fun initially, but after awhile it just good boring and repetitive...especially with the small amount of RP it gives you.

Right now it's trying to finish all 73 episodes of You Don't Know Jack while getting the prizes. I'm currently on level 24 O~O

Before though it took me a pretty long time to get those last 10 levels in Skyrim after I had done everything. I received a good tip from someone that had gotten it but it was still loooonng and tedious.

I really enjoyed You Don't Know Jack though so playing 73 episodes was no problem with me. :)

Divekick by far has the worst grind if you ask me. 

Not only 1000 vs (offline) matches but 2000 online ranked matches! lol

I really enjoyed You Don't Know Jack though so playing 73 episodes was no problem with me. :)

Divekick by far has the worst grind if you ask me. 

Not only 1000 vs (offline) matches but 2000 online ranked matches! lol

Oh I enjoy the game, it's super weird and funny :)! But that many episodes...oh man lol.

And I have another experience that I had totally blocked from my mind lol:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Download Complete

It was hard to find people to play for just boosting EXP without having to help people a million times with the other hard online ones that require having to coordinate . I don't mind helping but when I was only two levels away I was like NOOOOOOOOO Please Help Me!! lol.