Most annoying trophy grind?

Maceoo2011

47 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Clocking in 50 hours of gameplay. There is a good chance to get this one naturally since the games in this collection are notoriously difficult,

I didn't need to leave this one on, it unlocked when Commando and Gun Smoke were still missing. Gun smoke must have raised my total gameplay time to almost 70 hours lol, it would be highly unlikely to get all the trophies before this one.

Capcom Arcade Stadium has a 100 hour trophy.

51 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Collect 1 million bolts

this one was really frustrating, when I tried the race glitch it didn't work on my patch. i hope ratchet 2 doesn't have any such trophies. the most frustrating thing is to know that this trophy was planned for 100,000 bolts, not 1 million...

Currently for me the most annoying trophy grind is in PC Builder Simulator and getting to $1,000,000 in the bank, the higher in levels you get the longer and longer the game takes to save/load your progress to the point where sometimes the game will outright just not do either. There use to be an exploit you could use to make this trophy easier but doing it the legit way takes a long time cause of the issues the saving of the game has.

• 1 year later...
The fortnite trophy grind was the worst there was no way anyone was going to boost with me for hundreds of hours, so I had to do it with randoms, the game itself is just a huge time waster literally one mission takes 10 to 20 minutes, and it might take longer as randoms have to vote to start the objective which they won't do sometimes, I was able to boost the Talented builder trophy there was no way I was going to build 500,000 structures solo and the game at any time can give out kicking you out losing your progress, to make things worst for the progress to count you have to complete the mission you can't just do something and leave as it won't count at all and if you fail the mission none of your progress counts. Took forever, but I was able to finally unlock the platinum.
Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 1

30 hours grinding hits in Star Ocean 5, the most useless grinding I have ever done.

There's that one grind in One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 to get every single character to max crew level, it takes forever and a day.

Oh there the 10.000 kills in FFIX, I did that legit and it took around 20 hours or so......what I'm doing with my life.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

The Vocal Enthusiant trophy for Dynasty Warriors 8. It takes 30+ hours or so and it's only a bronze. It's about 1400 ambition mode battles (that can be done in 30 seconds, not counting loading screens) to raise bonds with 70+ characters and both genders. It's exhausting as hell. 

You can add Gundam Evolution to this list. Getting to level 50 is a massive chore. It baffles me that losing a 20 minute match gets you 100XP and winning a 20 minute match only gets you 200XP. No incentive to win at all and people rage quit whenever they feel like.

Edited by Mina

My most recent annoying grind was leaving my console on afk for a few trophies in All Star Fruit Racing. You can complete the whole career and online trophies in like 2-3 hours. There are trophies for playing the game for 2, 5, 10, and 20 hours and the time trials don't count towards the time (not that it would have helped much as they didn't take me much time to do). I guess they expected the game to take off online or something. I really liked the soundtrack so it made good background noise at least.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:07 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Capcom Arcade Cabinet - Clocking in 50 hours of gameplay. There is a good chance to get this one naturally since the games in this collection are notoriously difficult, but I ended up leaving my PS3 console on for two days straight using a certain tactic in the game Pirate Ship Higemaru. Not a fun trophy, and I was afraid my console might overheat.

Im doing capcom arcade 2nd stadium and yes, its a big grinding process because every trophy demand something specific, and if you miss a to do something it can take you hours of backtracking

In my case i was just aiming first for the capco master rank first (100,000.00 points if im not mistaken), but then i notice i also need to play 1,000 any game, which means start the game someway, and end the session, over and over again, the important part here is to START a new game in order to count up, because if you load, and load and load just like that,you will gain points, but the game count wont go up; guess who is at almost at 75,000.00 with ony 150 game.

Edited by Don_Chipotle

NHL 22: Golden Years, basically you have to keep your player in gold status and play 25 years in the league, this is annoying because of one sole problem- constant conversations with teammates/coaching staff/agents/etc. Obviously you can just sim most of the time but it's so irritating to have the same conversations over and over over the course of 25 seasons. 

The Last of us remastered: Firefly/Hunter trophies.  Pretty notoriously annoying grind here especially if you're attempting to do this legitimately.

Call of duty Black Ops 3: Well decorated, I can't express how annoying the grind is for this beating the game on realistic and veteran without dying is just the tip of the iceberg for the weapon skin grind