How many gameplay hours required for online trophies?

Apostrophe

I bought this game years ago but hadn't yet popped it in and started playing it. Now that they've given us three days notice that the servers are going down on the 30th, I'm wondering if I have enough time to start the game up and get the online trophies out of the way. The offline ones I can get in the months to come, but I want to make sure I have enough time after work over the next couple of days to manage to get the online ones so I don't lock out my plat on this.

14 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

Now that they've given us three days notice that the servers are going down on the 30th, 

Actually it was "discovered" almost two weeks ago and there is still no official confirmation from Codemasters.

14 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

I want to make sure I have enough time after work over the next couple of days to manage to get the online ones

Yes, more than enough if you will start now and play/use idle turbo method.

Check here:

And here:

Actually maybe your post shall be simple merged with one of those topics.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

I was informed of it via this news article, but whether there is official confirmation or not doesn't change the fact that there is enough talk about it going down to make it a reasonable possibility, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. If I get the trophies now and the servers don't go down, then no harm no foul. But if chalk it up to being just a rumor and don't get them, and then the servers do go down, then I'm out of luck.

I would say a merge isn't required as I'm asking a very specific question that is not answered in the other threads. This thread isn't about the server going down, but about how many hours it takes to get the online trophies alone. The other threads mention how long it may take to get the platinum, but gives no definite number on just the online trophies.

What is this idle turbo method you speak of?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

not to sound pedantic, but by “compete everything” do u mean the platinum, or just the online specific trophies?

Everything means everything.
The last trophy you would obtain naturally in the game has online requirement (get 250 items), which is why I also wrote what level I had when getting it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

that is not answered in the other threads. 

It is.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:46 AM, Smashero said:

Forget about the "session" - took me almost 20h to get to level 81. Simply focus on grinding levels for gears while being online, get rid of those 6 trophies mentioned above and you are safe.

25 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

What is this idle turbo method you speak of?

Mentioned in mentioned topics.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, Smashero said:

Yes, you will manage. I would say that you should aim to get lvl ~80 in order to get 250 items.

I reached level 78, opened all boxes, had a lot of duplicates. Then used all the earned money to buy some more items and it was still not enough. Had to reach level 81 and opened the boxes - finally got the trophy. @Bizzy_Montana_'s method for idle races (turbo pad X+R2 and leave it for the night on 1st race) works like a charm for it. Managed to get to lvl 88 with it.

5 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Everything means everything.
The last trophy you would obtain naturally in the game has online requirement (get 250 items), which is why I also wrote what level I had when getting it.

Unless you won't earn all stars in campaign and you will leave them for later while focusing on levelling up, which will be impossible after cutting servers down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Unless you won't earn all stars in campaign and you will leave them for later while focusing on levelling up, which will be impossible after cutting servers down.

Makes no sense to "level up" early*, when you automatically level up while completing the necessary campaign.
You would spend almost the same time levelling up and then have to waste time on the campaign later on, which would increase your playtime by 50-75%.

After completing the campaign, I had to play for around 3 hours for the last items/levels.

*if you mean just playing the same level over and over again for xp, instead of natural progression.

Edited by janzor88
added *
  • Like 1

My problem is that, after getting home from work, I have about five to six hours per night that I can dedicate to this before I have to get to bed.  If I do the campaign first, that won't leave much time to do the online stuff before the server (possibly) goes down. Yet, if I do the online stuff first, then it will almost double the playtime required? Ugh.

39 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Makes no sense to "level up" early*, when you automatically level up while completing the necessary campaign.
You would spend almost the same time levelling up and then have to waste time on the campaign later on, which would increase your playtime by 50-75%.

Yeah, but the more "difficult" challenges I left for later, since I didn't want to focus on them while anyway the grinding was done when I was sleeping/at work.

39 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

My problem is that, after getting home from work, I have about five to six hours per night that I can dedicate to this before I have to get to bed.  If I do the campaign first, that won't leave much time to do the online stuff before the server (possibly) goes down. Yet, if I do the online stuff first, then it will almost double the playtime required? Ugh.

The thing is that the online stuff can be done in the campaing. Unless your are just idling with a turbo controller while doing somenthing else, you will either play a lot of custom matches or replay a lot of the same event to level up for the 250 gear. Neither of those grinds are required for the plat as the leveling and the tags can be easily done in the campaing.

36 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

I'm confused then. I thought the online trophies were to level your rank to 30 (what's this about gears?) and to get those tags. If you can do these things during the campaign, why is online a requirement?

It seems that you have to be signed to PSN to be able to level up.
You get 3 random items every time you level up, so to be able to get the 250 items collected trophy (Geared Up) you have to be between level 70 and 80. Do note that you can use in-game currency and buy items to speed up the process.

40 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

I'm confused then. I thought the online trophies were to level your rank to 30 (what's this about gears?) and to get those tags. If you can do these things during the campaign, why is online a requirement?

One trophy is to get to level 30. Another is to get 250 pieces of gear and that happens around level 77 (you get 3 pieces at each level up both there can be duplicates). Another one is for 10 crashtags and the last one is 5 uber tags (getting "x" crashtags on the same collection). They are online because you only get xp while playing connected to psn

I started today and after 12 hours non-stop (bathroom and meal times included) playing legit i have managed to became level 49. Now i will let the game play by itself with afk method. So i guess there is still a little chance if you be hurry and dedicated enough.

6 hours ago, Apostrophe said:

I'm wondering if I have enough time to start the game up and get the online trophies out of the way.

15 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

The campaign challenges… will the coop ones become unobtainable if the servers close because u need to signed into psn as well? 

*the challenges with the pink icons next to them*

No, but I would grind campain if I were you. It gives gear for challenges and a lot of coins from tags. 

Edited by WiktorM101

20 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

The campaign challenges… will the coop ones become unobtainable if the servers close because u need to signed into psn as well? 

*the challenges with the pink icons next to them*

You should still be able to do them but there is at least one challenge (12 Wrecks with Titan) which you should do online while you can.